French man found dead in Koh Tao – incident being treated as suicide not homicide

webfact

Frenchman named Dmitri writes suicide note in English, then hangs himself with his hands tied behind his back, while falling down drunk.

Amazing Thailand.

The note was in French (and Spanish) according to Thai news sources.

In your Farang countries you would probably say "case closed = good police job".

Why different in Thailand?

Oh sorry, I forgot: Dead Farang smells like a God was killed.

More like a suspicious and unnecessary killing of a golden goose...

Frenchman named Dmitri writes suicide note in English, then hangs himself with his hands tied behind his back, while falling down drunk.

Amazing Thailand.

The note was in French (and Spanish) according to Thai news sources.

Why do you spoil a good conspiracy theory with facts?

Shame on you.

How does one tie string around their hands behind their back?

You tie your hands round your front and then step through them - after 12 hours of drinking it's simple.

You tried it before????

After many, many hours of drinking(have you ever done that?), a few of us would enjoy watching you TRY to tie

your hands together(after sitting down to to write the suicide note, of course) and putting the noose on, and then

stepping through and climbing higher!! clap2.gif We'd stop you then!! NO Jumping!!!

• Like 1

How does one tie string around their hands behind their back?

You tie your hands round your front and then step through them - after 12 hours of drinking it's simple.

You tried it before????

After many, many hours of drinking(have you ever done that?), a few of us would enjoy watching you TRY to tie

your hands together(after sitting down to to write the suicide note, of course) and putting the noose on, and then

stepping through and climbing higher!! clap2.gif We'd stop you then!! NO Jumping!!!

Why you not try it now and then, because it's obvious that most posters on this thread have been drinking for hours already. smile.png

• Like 1

If this man had been black and resided in the part of the US I grew up in I'd be just as suspicious as I am of this case. He may or may not have committed suicide. Anything that happens on KT is subject to much disbelief when it comes to so-called "investigations". There is a family there that will never be investigated. If I had ever let a crime scene become contaminated (purposely) like it was in the earlier murders I would have been fired in a heart beat. "As much as I like the opening sentences you make but the rest is nothing else as bashing the RTP and Thai pathologists. Trust me the majority of them do their job to their best of their abilities despite what is most of the time said on this forum." Trust you, surely you jest, what are you qualifications? You know some Thais, wow so do I and even the cops know they are crooked, give me a break. Well ms ThaiUser perhaps when you get some smarts, street and other wise, you will realize why so many on this forum do not believe in the abilities of the RTP or most of the pathologists, much less their honesty. Money talks, bulls**t walks and so do "investigations", DNA, autopsies and criminals. Many of us have been here over 10 yrs., some much longer and we still don't know all there is to know, still learning, but no farang ever will ever know all and that certainly includes you. But, deductive reasoning does work wonders. Try it sometime.

Trust me the majority of them do their job to their best of their abilities despite what is most of the time said on this forum." Trust you, surely you jest, what are you qualifications?

Peter Marco Falconio was a crime victim in Australia and the forensic case officer there was a female with the first name of Megan (Police Sergeant). Get in contact with her and asked her if a video tape from Australia was mailed to the UK for forensic identification of a truck at a petrol station including video evidence taken within that petrol station of the suspect.

After that I might get you in contact with a Chief Inspector in the Scottish Police (Grampian Region – homicide) or a senior forensic officer at Perth police who might be able to pass judgement on my qualifications as far as forensic evidence goes.

From the way you write it would seem to appear that retired law enforcement officers in the US are rude and insulting when communicating with members of the public. It only appears to confirm how they are depicted in US movies. Fortunately from own experience I know that is not the case and therefore have my doubts if your knowledge of police work is based on facts or derives from fiction movies. I will keep an open mind on that because I have no evidence that would confirm my suspicions.

From my avatar, deductive reasoning might have told you that I am not 'ms ThaiUser' and that I am certainly not 'farang' as you concluded but female and Thai. The picture actually is a picture of me because I have nothing to hide your avatar on the other hand seems to display your fantasies and how you would like people to see you. Your advice to try deductive reasoning is somewhat displaced since I have done it for a long time and it has been confirmed that I am capable of working along that line.

Here a comment on some work I did regarding another field of science and the comment I received from a ‘farang’ when challenging a view that has prevailed for the last 70 years. Unfortunately I am off to Scotland for a few months in two days and my conclusions will be published online this week. I would have liked to come to Bangkok to discuss with you how deductive reasoning works.

I'm not complaining - it's very good. I can't see any weaknesses at all.

James H. Hamlyn-Harris Deputy Head, Computer Science and Software Engineering, Faculty of Information

& Communication Technologies at Swinburne University of Technology, Australia

Edited by ThaiUser
  • Like 1

If CSI TV says it is murder, who are the RTP to say it's suicide.

Can you show me a quote of where CSI has said this is a case of murder?

So far in this thread only I can see at least 20 posts that question that the victim would have been able to tie his hands behind his back, then put his head through the noose and jump.

So they clearly dispute it is a suicide.

If it isn't possible that the victim committed suicide according to those members, then what you think they are suggesting, if not murder?

I dont think most of the posters dispute its possible to 'tie ones hands together in a slip not , and step ttru the loose loop created and pull and tighten that behind ones back , nor place ones head in a loose noose' , either before or after fastening the hands.

What we are confounded by is that this Frenchman could do so WHILST STANDING ON A BALCONY RAIL and while probably extremely drunk!

My observations are that people who have been drinking for 12 hours usually have trouble doing up their shoes....

• Like 1

Before we start to develop our own conclusions based on how much drink we had or how much we like or dislike Thai government agencies I would suggest to read a book edited by Michael Tsokos MD who is I quote “Professor Michael Tsokos is the Director of the Institute of Forensic Sciences and Legal Medicine, Charite – Universitatsmedizin Berlin, in Berlin, Germany.

He is also the Director of the Governmental Institute of Forensic and Social Medicine in Berlin, Germany. He is the primary or senior author of more than 200 scientific publications in international peer-reviewed journals and the author as well as editor of a number of books dealing with topics of forensic pathology.

I wonder what he would have to say about it when reading the comments made by the armchair police officers here on this forum or the hobby pathologists.

Michael Tsokos was here after the Tsunami hit Thailand working side by side with international teams and Thai pathologists to identify the victims. No criticism from his end but only praise for their abilities.

The book contains contributions from pathologists from around the world and even Asia, which might shock the TV commentators. Reading these publications one might find that stranger things have happened as someone tying his hands and placing his head through noose to commit suicide. But that wouldn’t go down to well on this forum, would it?

Instead of that one prefers to insult the RTP and declare Thai pathologists incompetent. I find that pathetic.

I (and probably all of the TV posters) am not doubting the qualifications of Dr Tsokos, or his assessment of the work carried out by the Thai pathologists after the Tsunami. However, there was probably not much doubt as to the cause of death in the majority of the Tsunami victims, suicide certainly not being one of them. In this particular case, most people doubt that it was suicide because of the victim's hands tied behind his back, and also the cuts present on the body. Most posters would probably agree that It would be POSSIBLE for the victim to have inflicted the cuts on himself, tied his hands behind his back, put his head through a noose and hung himself, but is it PROBABLE? Especially bearing in mind that he had been drinking for more than 12 hours previously, and the possibility of a drunk man being capable of the "step through" technique described in previous posts seems unlikely. Add to that, the botched up RTP investigations into the murders of the 2 English backpackers, the contamination of the crime scene, the contradictory statements put out by very high ranking police officers, dubious DNA findings/results, and numerous substantiated reports of corruption in the highest ranks of the RTP, is it any wonder that people are a bit cynical about any findings?

It doesn't matter if pobably all of the TV posters and you not doubting the qualifications of the German pathologist. What matters is that Thai pathologists not only are capable of handling the identifications of victims of the Tsunami as you imply but that the job of a pathologists is to determine the circumstances of any person that has come to die under circumstances that are suspect. That is exactly what happened in this case and now it seems that the people without qualifications in pathology seem to be better qualified to do the job.

If CSI TV says it is murder, who are the RTP to say it's suicide.

Can you show me a quote of where CSI has said this is a case of murder?

So far in this thread only I can see at least 20 posts that question that the victim would have been able to tie his hands behind his back, then put his head through the noose and jump.

So they clearly dispute it is a suicide.

If it isn't possible that the victim committed suicide according to those members, then what you think they are suggesting, if not murder?

I dont think most of the posters dispute its possible to 'tie ones hands together in a slip not , and step ttru the loose loop created and pull and tighten that behind ones back , nor place ones head in a loose noose' , either before or after fastening the hands.

What we are confounded by is that this Frenchman could do so WHILST STANDING ON A BALCONY RAIL and while probably extremely drunk!

My observations are that people who have been drinking for 12 hours usually have trouble doing up their shoes....

So you think he was murdered?

Before we start to develop our own conclusions based on how much drink we had or how much we like or dislike Thai government agencies I would suggest to read a book edited by Michael Tsokos MD who is I quote Professor Michael Tsokos is the Director of the Institute of Forensic Sciences and Legal Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, in Berlin, Germany.

He is also the Director of the Governmental Institute of Forensic and Social Medicine in Berlin, Germany. He is the primary or senior author of more than 200 scientific publications in international peer-reviewed journals and the author as well as editor of a number of books dealing with topics of forensic pathology.

I wonder what he would have to say about it when reading the comments made by the armchair police officers here on this forum or the hobby pathologists.

Michael Tsokos was here after the Tsunami hit Thailand working side by side with international teams and Thai pathologists to identify the victims. No criticism from his end but only praise for their abilities.

The book contains contributions from pathologists from around the world and even Asia, which might shock the TV commentators. Reading these publications one might find that stranger things have happened as someone tying his hands and placing his head through noose to commit suicide. But that wouldnt go down to well on this forum, would it?

Instead of that one prefers to insult the RTP and declare Thai pathologists incompetent. I find that pathetic.

I (and probably all of the TV posters) am not doubting the qualifications of Dr Tsokos, or his assessment of the work carried out by the Thai pathologists after the Tsunami. However, there was probably not much doubt as to the cause of death in the majority of the Tsunami victims, suicide certainly not being one of them. In this particular case, most people doubt that it was suicide because of the victim's hands tied behind his back, and also the cuts present on the body. Most posters would probably agree that It would be POSSIBLE for the victim to have inflicted the cuts on himself, tied his hands behind his back, put his head through a noose and hung himself, but is it PROBABLE? Especially bearing in mind that he had been drinking for more than 12 hours previously, and the possibility of a drunk man being capable of the "step through" technique described in previous posts seems unlikely. Add to that, the botched up RTP investigations into the murders of the 2 English backpackers, the contamination of the crime scene, the contradictory statements put out by very high ranking police officers, dubious DNA findings/results, and numerous substantiated reports of corruption in the highest ranks of the RTP, is it any wonder that people are a bit cynical about any findings?

It doesn't matter if pobably all of the TV posters and you not doubting the qualifications of the German pathologist. What matters is that Thai pathologists not only are capable of handling the identifications of victims of the Tsunami as you imply but that the job of a pathologists is to determine the circumstances of any person that has come to die under circumstances that are suspect. That is exactly what happened in this case and now it seems that the people without qualifications in pathology seem to be better qualified to do the job.

You seem to be deficent in the area of life experience. Pathology may be precise in it's own right, only what's in question here is the integrity of the system if a particular result is desired. Do you have a learning disability?

If this man had been black and resided in the part of the US I grew up in I'd be just as suspicious as I am of this case. He may or may not have committed suicide. Anything that happens on KT is subject to much disbelief when it comes to so-called "investigations". There is a family there that will never be investigated. If I had ever let a crime scene become contaminated (purposely) like it was in the earlier murders I would have been fired in a heart beat. "As much as I like the opening sentences you make but the rest is nothing else as bashing the RTP and Thai pathologists. Trust me the majority of them do their job to their best of their abilities despite what is most of the time said on this forum." Trust you, surely you jest, what are you qualifications? You know some Thais, wow so do I and even the cops know they are crooked, give me a break. Well ms ThaiUser perhaps when you get some smarts, street and other wise, you will realize why so many on this forum do not believe in the abilities of the RTP or most of the pathologists, much less their honesty. Money talks, bulls**t walks and so do "investigations", DNA, autopsies and criminals. Many of us have been here over 10 yrs., some much longer and we still don't know all there is to know, still learning, but no farang ever will ever know all and that certainly includes you. But, deductive reasoning does work wonders. Try it sometime.

Trust me the majority of them do their job to their best of their abilities despite what is most of the time said on this forum." Trust you, surely you jest, what are you qualifications?

Peter Marco Falconio was a crime victim in Australia and the forensic case officer there was a female with the first name of Megan (Police Sergeant). Get in contact with her and asked her if a video tape from Australia was mailed to the UK for forensic identification of a truck at a petrol station including video evidence taken within that petrol station of the suspect.

After that I might get you in contact with a Chief Inspector in the Scottish Police (Grampian Region – homicide) or a senior forensic officer at Perth police who might be able to pass judgement on my qualifications as far as forensic evidence goes.

From the way you write it would seem to appear that retired law enforcement officers in the US are rude and insulting when communicating with members of the public. It only appears to confirm how they are depicted in US movies. Fortunately from own experience I know that is not the case and therefore have my doubts if your knowledge of police work is based on facts or derives from fiction movies. I will keep an open mind on that because I have no evidence that would confirm my suspicions.

From my avatar, deductive reasoning might have told you that I am not 'ms ThaiUser' and that I am certainly not 'farang' as you concluded but female and Thai. The picture actually is a picture of me because I have nothing to hide your avatar on the other hand seems to display your fantasies and how you would like people to see you. Your advice to try deductive reasoning is somewhat displaced since I have done it for a long time and it has been confirmed that I am capable of working along that line.

Here a comment on some work I did regarding another field of science and the comment I received from a ‘farang’ when challenging a view that has prevailed for the last 70 years. Unfortunately I am off to Scotland for a few months in two days and my conclusions will be published online this week. I would have liked to come to Bangkok to discuss with you how deductive reasoning works.

James H. Hamlyn-Harris Deputy Head, Computer Science and Software Engineering, Faculty of Information

I have a bit of trouble finding your qualifications in forensics.....forensic software ???

quote :

I left school in Thailand when I was fourteen years old to work in the fields and that is the only school certificate I hold.

But one thing I have never been satisfied with was the level of education I had and the knowledge I had gained. I also worked my entire life (not that I had to but I wanted too) and in the UK I started in a Thai restaurant kitchen as a junior chef working my way up to become a partner in that business. From my mid twenties I annoyed my husband to show me how to program computers (he is an IT consultant) and today I write my own software and if I am permitted to say so not without success.

Before we start to develop our own conclusions based on how much drink we had or how much we like or dislike Thai government agencies I would suggest to read a book edited by Michael Tsokos MD who is I quote “Professor Michael Tsokos is the Director of the Institute of Forensic Sciences and Legal Medicine, Charite – Universitatsmedizin Berlin, in Berlin, Germany.

The book contains contributions from pathologists from around the world and even Asia, which might shock the TV commentators. Reading these publications one might find that stranger things have happened as someone tying his hands and placing his head through noose to commit suicide. But that wouldn’t go down to well on this forum, would it?

Yes, I agree 100%. Thai User is comparing apples with pears. Both are fruits, but the scenario is completely different. The main difference is that after 12 hours or more of drinking the victim was able to carry out this 'suicide' as described. I would also suggest that Thai User familiarise herself with the murders of David and Hannah before making an ill-judged comment on this suspicious death.

My own opinion is that the RTP are willing to take the easy way out, whatever the cause of death. It could be suicide or it could be murder, but they don't care as has been proven before.

I might come as a shock to you but none of the TV commentators on this forum has familiarised themselves with the facts in any of the cases discussed here. Your comment that I make an ill-judged comment results from the fact that your mind is already made up. My comment refers to an investigation that has been conducted by the RTP and an autopsy has been taken place that required a pathologist and who is supposed to be skilled in forensic matters. It doesn’t matter what the RTP thinks in this case because it is the pathologist that looks at the body and who has to confirm if a second party has been involved. If his conclusion is that this was not the case the matter as far as the police are concerned is closed.

As far as your suggestion goes to familiarise myself with the murders of David and Hannah I will wait for the conclusions the British police will draw when that report is released before passing judgement. I was not privy to the evidence at neither the crime scene nor the forensic investigation and from what I gather none the TV commentators had been part of the teams investigating the crimes.

Certainly I don’t deny anybody to have an opinion but opinions in most cases are based on emotions and in science emotions have no place only facts.

Damn,

I was hoping this would be a nice easy and shut case. Why do we need more speculation on this case.

A couple of things I would like to know:

1) Who is Iris? Can we find out some about Iris and what she has to say?

2) His tongue - was it sticking out when he was found dead? Most people who die by hanging will have their tongue sticking out.

3) Friends - what are his friends saying about this happening?

4) How did he perform this act of suicide after a full night of partying?

5) Who was he hanging out with before his death and what was he talking about?

I am not sure if it is the translation, but "believe" to die by asphyxiation sounds weak. How do they not KNOW?

5) Who was he hanging out with before his death.....................post-4641-1156693976.gif.pagespeed.ce.Jg

• Like 2

I have a bit of trouble finding your qualifications in forensics.....forensic software ???

quote :

I left school in Thailand when I was fourteen years old to work in the fields and that is the only school certificate I hold.

But one thing I have never been satisfied with was the level of education I had and the knowledge I had gained. I also worked my entire life (not that I had to but I wanted too) and in the UK I started in a Thai restaurant kitchen as a junior chef working my way up to become a partner in that business. From my mid twenties I annoyed my husband to show me how to program computers (he is an IT consultant) and today I write my own software and if I am permitted to say so not without success.

Yes, I was a late starter in computer science as you can see from my comment. It took me actually about 6 to 7 years before I wrote my first commercial software package based on image enhancement. It took another 3 years before that software was sold to government agencies in Scotland including universities.

I sometimes wonder what would have happened to me if I had the chances that most of the commentators here on the TV forum had when being children as far as education is concerned.

This week a paper will be published on the Internet concerning a mathematical problem that has been around for over 70 years and I agree that I came very late to learn about mathematics that includes college or university level. Still I have mastered that too. Fortunately the people at universities working in that field haven’t denied working with me because I was already 25 when I started to get introduced to subjects of science.

And before you point it out I haven't studied languages too, still I read and write French, Spanish and German too and not only Thai and English.

Does that disappoint you? Today I am a grandmother and still interested in learning new things with a son that works in computers and a daughter in law that is a medical doctor knowing that my grandson will not have to struggle the first 25 years before gaining an education and that he doesn’t have to ponder like me what could have been if given a chance as a child.

All this story doesn't make any sense. Drunk person doesn't think logically. His last written statement might be in question. Why to put his own hands behind his back with rope? Just to do that is rather very difficult or impossible. How to hang himself without use of his hands? Is he apprenticeship of Houdini trade, or contortionist ?

quote :

Yes, I was a late starter in computer science as you can see from my comment. It took me actually about 6 to 7 years before I wrote my first commercial software package based on image enhancement. It took another 3 years before that software was sold to government agencies in Scotland including universities.

I sometimes wonder what would have happened to me if I had the chances that most of the commentators here on the TV forum had when being children as far as education is concerned.

This week a paper will be published on the Internet concerning a mathematical problem that has been around for over 70 years and I agree that I came very late to learn about mathematics that includes college or university level. Still I have mastered that too. Fortunately the people at universities working in that field haven’t denied working with me because I was already 25 when I started to get introduced to subjects of science.

And before you point it out I haven't studied languages too, still I read and write French, Spanish and German too and not only Thai and English.

Does that disappoint you? Today I am a grandmother and still interested in learning new things with a son that works in computers and a daughter in law that is a medical doctor knowing that my grandson will not have to struggle the first 25 years before gaining an education and that he doesn’t have to ponder like me what could have been if given a chance as a child.

No I am not dissapointed, was just wondering about your forensic knowlegde..and a generally a bit surprised about some of your opinions.

In real life there is a huge difference between science and practical forensics carried out on a crime scene andI a had a bit of trouble connecting the work German Scientist to a suicide on Koh Tao, just from the practical point view.

When I ask question in regard to this suicide I do it from a point of practical experience from some 35 years in the business of handling various crimes, accidents etc..and I do work with scientist everyday so I know how they would view the scene both on scene and from behind a desk

• Like 2