French man found dead in Koh Tao – incident being treated as suicide not homicide

webfact

HeijoshinCool, thanks for adding your insight. You've got the experience where as 99.9% of us don't. I was basically a "possum" cop that because of our remote area worked with all agencies and many crime scenes. Just too many loose ends and piss poor investigation again. I wonder just how well the crime scene was protected this time, about the same as the double homicide? Somehow I suspect the "pathologist" may have been somebody with some medical experience, maybe even a degree (maybe) that checked for pulse, breathing and then said, he's dead, there is a rope around his neck so it was suicide-case closed, burn the evidence, oops I mean the body. Open minds are few and far between in the RTP and their "apologists".

• Like 1

Whoa! Slow down. Did this investigator use the word "Theory"? He better be careful if conspiracy gets in there he might be labeled a crack pot by people viewing this thread!

You don't know much about theory and falsifiable hypotheses, do you?

If you are going away to kill yourself why bother to tie up your hands to many anomalies here to be an open and shut case, it would be nice if the RTP would spend some time looking into the case.

It's been said before: to commit yourself to suicide plan.

Another life lost in Thailand under questionable circumstances. Reminds me of the Russian who jumped several floors in central Bangkok earlier this year........nobody questioned if he was pushed.......?

• Like 1

Police and physicians carried out an autopsy and believe the cause of death was asphyxiation, the case is being treated as a suicide and not as a homicide. The man’s body has been taken to Koh Tao temple.

Why would they return the mans body to KT?

I would assume they did not perform the autopsy on the island.

What autopsy ?

• Like 1

Whoa! Slow down. Did this investigator use the word "Theory"? He better be careful if conspiracy gets in there he might be labeled a crack pot by people viewing this thread!

You don't know much about theory and falsifiable hypotheses, do you?

I'm agree very disrespectful and very insulting to the victim RIP

if there was foul play, which i suspect off course there was , then why did the murderers not cut the ropes off his arms before leaving ? surely that makes sense ?

They forgot? Or the poor guy was kicking the crap out of them and they had to leave? Or perhaps the feeling of impunity on this scary little island is such that it doesn't really matter? After all, the police are predetermining it as suicide.

I will never return to Koh Tao.

• Like 2

Once again the people on here supporting the expert are just as absurd as those who might denigrate him. In any case of sudden death anywhere in the world a defence team can find an expert to say one thing and a prosecution team can find an expert to say the complete opposite.

Once again the people on here supporting the expert are just as absurd as those who might denigrate him. In any case of sudden death anywhere in the world a defence team can find an expert to say one thing and a prosecution team can find an expert to say the complete opposite.

That's how the defence of the Burmese will disassemble the prosecution's DNA evidence. In this case I would suggest bruises on the wrist and the absence of them on the neck needs a lot of explaining how the guy hung himself to death.

• Like 2

Ruling suicide saves time and is less work and there is no profit in investigating deaths under suspicious circumstances.

You're not wrong...

In fact; if the RTP on Koh Tao bang up the guy that keeps paying them to look the other way, the murders will stop and so will their paychecks!

Perish the thought...

While I normally take no joy in wishing harm, or death to someone I don't even know,,, Certain people just deserve such,,,, I'd love nothing more than to see the person I think many people suspect of most of this crap on that island, end up EXACTLY,, in a similar situation,, something along the lines of what he's most likely done to more than a few people on that island, and who knows where else ,,, I would truly enjoy following THAT thread on here, and watch the RTP, step, fetch, and jump through hoops to satisfy that persons family,,, very doubtful it'd be such an open and shut case as all the others we read about on here seem to be,,,

No one deserves a death like this, whether suicide or not.

You must be very desperate to commit suicide like this, and I think that many suicides (incl. suicide attempts) are also a result of unheard cries for help. Thailand (especially Pattaya) seems to be getting a magnet for Farang desperados. Any ideas why?

1. a desperate or reckless person, especially a criminal.

I have, but there are a group of posters on here that would immediately scream out "conspiracy theory" and to be quite honest, I am tired of their shenanigans in defence of anything amiss on Koh Tao.

However, you mentioned Pattaya, so maybe they'll keep their noses out of this post. The mere definition of the word "desperado" implies the criminal fraternity/mafia. Consequently, any "falling out" with this bunch will inevitably lead to unexplained deaths and suicides, and in the case of Pattaya, it is known world wide as a "playground" catering for sex tourists or unattached people who are often lonely people desperate for some attention (as you implied in your post). Unfortunately the latter are all too easily ensnared by the local mafia, hence the fatalities mentioned above - probably as a result of unpaid "debts" etc. And yes, many suicides are a result of unheard cries for help, but IMHO, a great number of "suicides" in Pattaya are actually not suicides at all, but a form of "debt collection" or "sending a message" to the customers.

So I would disagree with your statement that "Thailand (especially Pattaya) seems to be getting a magnet for Farang desperados." The desperados have been in Pattaya for a long time, and are not farangs!

Once again the people on here supporting the expert are just as absurd as those who might denigrate him. In any case of sudden death anywhere in the world a defence team can find an expert to say one thing and a prosecution team can find an expert to say the complete opposite.[/quote

You're absolutely right.... and those cases actually do go to trial,,, to be decided by a judge and jury... But ONLY in Thailand... can a little $$$$$ ..and the assurance of.. those actually in charge of INVESTIGATING said crime can say.... "NO Thai could EVER do such a thing.. HAS to be foreigner.. OR bad spirit or Scaaaary ghost",,, be mentioned in the same sentence... and be reported on the news. As if it were actually FACT! and a majority of Thai's and those. certain TVF Farlang's will go along... defend that assessment to try and feel as if they're the Thai.. they'll, NEVER be... no matter how much they spend.... name.... show a SINGLE case where a Thai.. Hi.. or even lo -so... actually went to jail for murdering a Farlang.... try it.....

Edited by Adeeos

Criminologist doubts suicide theory of a tourist

6-1-2558-14-12-46-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A criminologist has voiced his support for calls by media and relatives of a victim of suspected suicide by the police and forensic experts to look for more evidences to determine the exact cause of the death the victim.

The victim who was a tourist was found dead in his hotel room on New Year’s Day with his hands and neck tied to ropes. Police suspected he committed suicide by hanging himself.

But Associate Professor Charnkanit Krittiya Suriyamanee, a criminologist and lecturer at the faculty of social science and humanities of Mahidol University, said he doubted the suicide theory citing some irrelevant evidences.

He said that the victim had been drunk to the extent that he was unable to control himself, he would not have been able to tie himself up so tightly that he died of suffocation.

Had he hanged himself, the professor pointed out that the bruises should have appeared on the neck than on his wrists. Also, he noted that the several pieces of rope which were used in the suspected suicide appeared to be different which might suggest that the death was not caused by suicide.

The wound on the victim’s elbow could have been inflicted by someone else, he said.

He also suggested that it was not too late to check the level of alcohol in the body of the dead victim to find out if he was drunk or not.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/criminologist-doubts-suicide-theory-tourist

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2015-01-06

Hopefully the police did not mess up the crime site so nothing could be proven. Wouldn't be the first time

Criminologist doubts suicide theory of a tourist

6-1-2558-14-12-46-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A criminologist has voiced his support for calls by media and relatives of a victim of suspected suicide by the police and forensic experts to look for more evidences to determine the exact cause of the death the victim.

The victim who was a tourist was found dead in his hotel room on New Year’s Day with his hands and neck tied to ropes. Police suspected he committed suicide by hanging himself.

But Associate Professor Charnkanit Krittiya Suriyamanee, a criminologist and lecturer at the faculty of social science and humanities of Mahidol University, said he doubted the suicide theory citing some irrelevant evidences.

He said that the victim had been drunk to the extent that he was unable to control himself, he would not have been able to tie himself up so tightly that he died of suffocation.

Had he hanged himself, the professor pointed out that the bruises should have appeared on the neck than on his wrists. Also, he noted that the several pieces of rope which were used in the suspected suicide appeared to be different which might suggest that the death was not caused by suicide.

The wound on the victim’s elbow could have been inflicted by someone else, he said.

He also suggested that it was not too late to check the level of alcohol in the body of the dead victim to find out if he was drunk or not.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/criminologist-doubts-suicide-theory-tourist

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2015-01-06

Hopefully the police did not mess up the crime site so nothing could be proven. Wouldn't be the first time

Weeell,, another TVF poster has already posted he was sent exclusive pics of at least the poor man's body... You could pretty well assume they're not... "official" pics. But maybe they are,,, either way.. exactly HOW secured/professional is that?.. So?... There's your answer.....

It does not really take a Criminologist to figure this one out is it ?? Excuse me Sir, would you mind tying my hand behind my back after Im done comiting suicide ??

For Gods sake, it is what it is..... Simply Another Koh Tao murder.... on a farang.

• Like 1