Phnom Penh Nightlife?

ivan96822

1 hour ago, grkt said:

What about riverside main street, just in front of the river, is it ok at night ?

And hotels there ?

Thank you.

I know you are asking him but maybe I can add something.

There is an area to walk near the river and a park like area.

But, if you are asking about girls, never saw any WG's there.

Some of the hotels there looked OK and if you check online, pretty inexpensvie.

I can give you a hotel recommendation that is The Lux Riverside Hotel.

Near the bar action and very nice check it out.

Like I said before, I did not like the place but I have some buddies in Pattaya who like it and go every few months.

If nothing else go check it out for yourself you only live once.

there dozens and dozens of hotels on the riverside, (checkout the map on agoda.com)   street 90 all the way to the Palace,  Being on the riverside in the early evening is great,all the khmers are out walking, people selling food,  people doing aerobics and its very pleasant, take a sunset cruise for less than $10.  Friday/Saturday night market upon street 108 and riverside

6 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

there dozens and dozens of hotels on the riverside, (checkout the map on agoda.com)   street 90 all the way to the Palace,  Being on the riverside in the early evening is great,all the khmers are out walking, people selling food,  people doing aerobics and its very pleasant, take a sunset cruise for less than $10.  Friday/Saturday night market upon street 108 and riverside

Hello,

So it's the best place to be for a newbie who does not plan to visit a lot and go far from his hotel ?

Thanks.

Depends on your tastes.

If you want bars with "bar girls", yes. With this comes also some rather aggressive touts, beggars etc ...usual tourist ares sort of thing.

If you want something a little more - shall we say, sedate? -  but still plenty of restaurants where you can also just sit outside and have a beer  then "golden street" which is St. 278 near the monument or any hotel in easy walking distance to it.

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Depends on your tastes.

If you want bars with "bar girls", yes. With this comes also some rather aggressive touts, beggars etc ...usual tourist ares sort of thing.

If you want something a little more - shall we say, sedate? -  but still plenty of restaurants where you can also just sit outside and have a beer  then "golden street" which is St. 278 near the monument or any hotel in easy walking distance to it.

hello,

I want cheap food and happy pizza ! no girls, too many in Thailand already :-)

And if I could avoid the touts it would be great also !

This is a long street, any special place to stay ?

Thank you.

11 minutes ago, grkt said:

hello,

Thank you.

Give ve it a go...you are likely to find the girls a step up from a Thailand. The food certainly (unless you eat <deleted> like proprietary pizzas).

13 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Give ve it a go...you are likely to find the girls a step up from a Thailand. The food certainly (unless you eat <deleted> like proprietary pizzas).

I have no interest in local food, only want pizza and shakes :-)

What about the girls ? Are they friendly ?

On 5/8/2018 at 1:05 AM, grkt said:

hello,

Thank you.

I would recommend st172 for what you are after

19 hours ago, grkt said:

Thank you, any hotel recommendation ?

https://goo.gl/tfg675

Screenshot 2018-05-16 15.26.45.png

not too familiar with hotels but the street is lined with hotels and restaurants all within walking distance, not in the area you have marked but between st19 and st13. its a bit cheaper then riverside for food and accommodation and has a good atmosphere with less traffic and other amenities cant mention here that might interest you, altho you wont have a river view.

• 2 months later...
On 3/12/2015 at 6:01 PM, MrWorldwide said:

PP was a bit of a shock for me having spent most of my time in BKK and Pattaya - walking out of Sharkey's Bar at midnight to find myself on a pitch black street didnt thrill me one bit but fortunately my hotel was only a few doors down on St 130. The aptly named City Centre Hotel might not have the best views in the world, but it was my sanctuary for roughly 36 hours of hell when I contracted food poisoning the morning after that first visit to Sharkey's. That's the one thing I'm hoping has improved since 2010 - hygiene standards - but looking at a few blog entries I'm inclined to wonder if that is the case. I did have another nasty night driving the porcelain bowl here in Pattaya a few months back but nothing to compare to the incredible eruptions of black bile that literally had me wondering which end to point at the bowl. I wouldnt have made the airport in a cab without soiling myself, much less got on a plane to BKK - many will laugh, but there were periods in that hotel room when I wondered if I would succumb to whatever nasty bacteria were having a party in my intestines, and that's not a good feeling in a country with such a poor reputation for medical care. Little wonder Sheryl is a walking encyclopaedia or medical knowledge !

(Apologies to those who might have just eaten :D)

Been there.Such dysentery can cause overwhelming mental fatigue and fear

On 5/6/2018 at 11:18 PM, grkt said:

Hello,

So it's the best place to be for a newbie who does not plan to visit a lot and go far from his hotel ?

Thanks.

Heck! Judging by the postings so far, I'd say the best place would be a stone's throw away from the airport, followed by a swift plane out of there.  I didn't realise it was such a hell hole. 

On 3/13/2015 at 1:01 AM, MrWorldwide said:

PP was a bit of a shock for me having spent most of my time in BKK and Pattaya - walking out of Sharkey's Bar at midnight to find myself on a pitch black street didnt thrill me one bit but fortunately my hotel was only a few doors down on St 130. The aptly named City Centre Hotel might not have the best views in the world, but it was my sanctuary for roughly 36 hours of hell when I contracted food poisoning the morning after that first visit to Sharkey's. That's the one thing I'm hoping has improved since 2010 - hygiene standards - but looking at a few blog entries I'm inclined to wonder if that is the case. I did have another nasty night driving the porcelain bowl here in Pattaya a few months back but nothing to compare to the incredible eruptions of black bile that literally had me wondering which end to point at the bowl. I wouldnt have made the airport in a cab without soiling myself, much less got on a plane to BKK - many will laugh, but there were periods in that hotel room when I wondered if I would succumb to whatever nasty bacteria were having a party in my intestines, and that's not a good feeling in a country with such a poor reputation for medical care. Little wonder Sheryl is a walking encyclopaedia or medical knowledge !

(Apologies to those who might have just eaten :D)

Considering the pathogens found in crustaceans I am surprised anyone eats them in these hot, slack, not-particularly-hygienic countries. Friend had his stomach pumped in Manila after eating oysters (forget if they were raw) as well.

Eating mostly 'mangsawilat' is by far the safest way to stay healthy. You eat an animal, you don't know where it's been, what they've fed it, how it was slaughtered and dressed and how old the meat is.

To me this explains why the telly is choc-a-block jammed with stomach medications.

11 hours ago, Byron Allen Black said:

Considering the pathogens found in crustaceans I am surprised anyone eats them in these hot, slack, not-particularly-hygienic countries. Friend had his stomach pumped in Manila after eating oysters (forget if they were raw) as well.

Eating mostly 'mangsawilat' is by far the safest way to stay healthy. You eat an animal, you don't know where it's been, what they've fed it, how it was slaughtered and dressed and how old the meat is.

To me this explains why the telly is choc-a-block jammed with stomach medications.

I wondered that too, but actually cambodia has quite a problem with zinc deficiency and oysters are a good source. 

On 5/6/2018 at 5:14 PM, phuketrichard said:

The beggars and tuk tuk guys will drive you insane. Big turn off for me

street food is just nasty and bland. Some of the restaurants were good and the bar girls were fun and adventuresome in the darker corners

Archived