Buriram nurse scammed out of THB400,000 by American Facebook boyfriend

know of many "stupid" Thai women like this. Fall in love with a profile pic on a social website. Never even had a video or skype call to confirm that the person was even american let alone a male. A friend was approached with the same scam. To relases the gifts he shipped to her she was asked to send 50,000 to a freight company never heard of kbank account. (Rocket Express) Freight company address was in Lexington kentucly and google streetview showed it to be the university carpark. I transferred 50 baht to the kbak account got the account holder name and police took care of the rest.

Edited by asean
  • Like 1
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why feel sorry for stupid? First she was stupid to call someone she does not even know a boyfriend Second she was stupid to believe someone she does not know to be a boyfriend Third she was stupid

I feel really sorry for these women that fall victims to unscrupulous scammers. The dream of getting a farang husband and having a better life is still at large in Thailand. Hope that these scams ge

The incentive could have been to get the $1.1 million gift he (she, impersonating a he) promised to send her if she could pay the delivery charge of THB 400,000. She sent the 400k to a Kasikorn

Posted Images

Fell in love with a Thai lady 2 years ago, wanted to marry her.

"Friends" were suspicious of scam, forced me to see a doctor, doctor said girl only exists in your fantasy, you stay in asylum. Escaped from asylum, money confiscated.

Escaped to Thailand, said "hello" to fantasy girl.

Meanwhile all money gone to authorities, treated like "unperson"

You like science fiction?

This one is not 1984, it's 2013 - and still going on.

I'm staggered how some of you dismiss her as a scammer with zero evidence. Some of you must be very sad or have been ripped off yourselves of the meagre pittance you had to show for a life's work

Edited by windbreaker

It seems exceptionally dopey to expect an American Engineer called Clifford, to have a Kasikorn account in the name of Karnchana Maklang without being just a little but suspicious.

Still, I have been conned a few times in my life.......

• Like 1

On the opposite side of every con is an equally greedy mark. I'm just blown away that this massively obvious scam works like silk on glass, over and over and over and over -- It's just like the EveryReady Bunnie with nuclear batteries. coffee1.gif There must be a sh*tload of really well off scam artists across the world -- and regardless of what this says, the chances of Prince (just got 400K richer) Charming is an American is about zero.

Their called Politicians.

Anyone know how a nurse in Buriram gets 400,000 baht in the 1st place??

What an insensitive, ignorant and arrogant anti-Thai comment, so typical of some expats here...

Why would a Thai nurse not have 400 000 bahts through inheritance, savings (she's 39 years old), whatever ?

So many white expats here think that bar girls (or boys) represent the whole of Thailand, it's disheartening. And hardly surprising that more and more Thais now also assume that all white people are like those expats. Racism is getting worse on both sides due to this kind of attitude based on nothing but judgmental clichés.

But you are the person calling them "white expats" ROFL!
  • Like 1

Anyone know how a nurse in Buriram gets 400,000 baht in the 1st place??

she is single & almost 40, worked the last 20 years, not that much...2000 a year...5-6 bht a day. and why should it matter to you ? are you the nurse/money police ? or you just wanna whine ?

nice to see the scam work in reverse, but this is pocket change compared to farangs being fleeced out of a house, car, ...

stupidity & greed

next time she needs a "boyfriend" she can go find one ...

do thai men cater to thai women ?