Buriram nurse scammed out of THB400,000 by American Facebook boyfriend

webfact

Anyone know how a nurse in Buriram gets 400,000 baht in the 1st place??

Easy come easy go. If it had been hard earned money she most probably would have been more careful, a lot more careful. Perhaps she inherited it. Now she at least does not have to pay the 'coming soon' inheritance tax.

post-226746-0-19155300-1420717099_thumb.

Edited by Impossible

I'm waiting for "The shoe's on the other foot now" comments!!! whistling.gif

Yea, and they would be highly inappropriate and indicative of cold hearts and immature mentalities.

I feel sad for the woman. 400k is an awful lot of cash for a Thai nurse to lose. Hope the guy gets in a head-on with a telephone pole on the way to the bank.

Does Facebook not cooperate in fraud investigations? Anybody have advice how she could pursue such a process?

"they would be highly inappropriate and indicative of cold hearts and immature mentalities."

Right.

"Hope the guy gets in a head-on with a telephone pole"

But that's not...

Hypocrisy defined.

facepalm.gif

Hypocrisy?

Nah, justice.

Perhaps in your sadistic, twisted mind.

laugh.png

Yea, and they would be highly inappropriate and indicative of cold hearts and immature mentalities.

I feel sad for the woman. 400k is an awful lot of cash for a Thai nurse to lose. Hope the guy gets in a head-on with a telephone pole on the way to the bank.

Does Facebook not cooperate in fraud investigations? Anybody have advice how she could pursue such a process?

everybody of you life such a long time in Tahiland and you dont know that a nurse is a very high position in a hospital and you need university degree and study to get this position and a nurse salery starts at 25000 Baht a month, this are not the women who give you an injection or bring you to the doctor, nurses wearing a white uniform with golden sign

I feel really sorry for these women that fall victims to unscrupulous scammers.

The dream of getting a farang husband and having a better life is still at large in Thailand.

Hope that these scams get better coverage on Thai media to warn future victims.

Till then.....we will be hearing again and again of similar cases.

Why feel sorry for stupid?

First she was stupid to call someone she does not even know a boyfriend

Second she was stupid to believe someone she does not know to be a boyfriend

Third she was stupid to think someone would give her 1.1 million dollars

Lastly she was stupid to think someone who gave her 1.1 million dollars would not pay $10000 postage .

She then was even more stupid to think postage can cost $10000.

Did she think her bf was sending her a house?

What a rather lame list of excuses...you sir, are a vile apologist....

Just 'Vile' would suffice.

Come on,

how many Farangs go for dating websites and fall in love with someone they have never met?

When you're in love you usually trust your partner, or else it's not love.

That's exactly what this woman did.

You are stupid yourself if you believe that knowing someone face to face protects you from being ripped off. People can change, to the better or the worse. There is no such thing as a 100pct certainty when it comes to return of investment in the future.

Maybe naive to believe that Americans believe in Christian values like humanity.

Money is actually meant to be an instrument for achieving higher goals like a better life for children. Farangs always talk like that, but when asked to get sincere, it turns out that money is all they are after.

I am Farang, and I got ripped off by scammers, too. By banks and governmental hadministrations in Europe while I was in Thailand. The scammer introduced himself as a Muslim from Asia, and the money promised was for investments in Asia, 10pct in Thailand, 90pct in the poorer regions. The British refused to pay it off.

Anti-scam organizations told me the money is safe as long as it is in England.

Who can I contact to help? Interpol?

Edited by micmichd

I'm afraid all kinds of promises from Farangs should raise a big red flag to Thais.

Farangs should have to prove that they are sincere. Withou a conditional Stop order on international money transfers the transaction costs for those transfers might soon exceed the damage from the original scam.

Post removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

I feel really sorry for these women that fall victims to unscrupulous scammers.

The dream of getting a farang husband and having a better life is still at large in Thailand.

Hope that these scams get better coverage on Thai media to warn future victims.

Till then.....we will be hearing again and again of similar cases.

The scamming usually works in the other direction (farang being scammed by a local), but really, it's sad no matter who's scamming who. 'Not sure what it is exactly that this woman expected the "authorities" to be able to do. Anybody anywhere can set up a disposable email account and then a disposable facebook account, and so on. Sad the vulnerabilities and simple wants that drive people to fall for scams; sad & disgusting the people that are so low in the food chain that they perpetrate them.

Edited by hawker9000

it's really amazing to read all these posts. Calling this woman dumb, while some of them had built a house, bought a car, motorbike(s) and finally lost all to a bar hooker.

And what about those who send quite good money every month to their " Tirac", who needs a notebook to organize all her boy friend's arrivals?

How many of those who call her dumb bought insurance policies they never need? Isn't that a similar dumbness? Just saying. facepalm.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

I could agree if you could stop to mistitle bar girls as prostitutes.

If you're on vacation in let's say in Southern Europe and you find a girl there, would you call her a prostitute if you have sex with her?

You can "rent a bar girl's service", but considering that it won't be for free, then she is a prostitute.

A prostitute is a person, usually a woman, who has sex with men in exchange for money.( Collins dictionary's definition of a prostitute)

And if I'd "find" a girl let's say in Southern Europe and pay her for her service in form of having sex with her, she'd still be a prostitute.

everybody of you life such a long time in Tahiland and you dont know that a nurse is a very high position in a hospital and you need university degree and study to get this position and a nurse salery starts at 25000 Baht a month, this are not the women who give you an injection or bring you to the doctor, nurses wearing a white uniform with golden sign

Arrai Wa? You might not know that all the guys working at 7 Eleven, plus those guys working at Burger King's, spitting on your onion rings have to have a university degree as well.

Would you know how easy it is to get such a degree, you would be negatively surprised.

So if the nurses don't give patients the needed, or sometimes not needed injection, who else does that?

I've never seen doctors, excluding anesthetists, who give patients an injection. Nurses are trained to do so and most of them are doing a better job than doctors.

Also teachers wear a white uniform and various emblems that makes them look like astronauts, aeehh soldiers. facepalm.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

I could agree if you could stop to mistitle bar girls as prostitutes.

If you're on vacation in let's say in Southern Europe and you find a girl there, would you call her a prostitute if you have sex with her?

Sorry for hurting your feelings. If you have a Farang wife and children, and you would stop supporting them, they would give you a kick in your balls.

Do you still want every woman that needs support be called a prostitute?

Anyway, this is going off-topics now.

You can "rent a bar girl's service", but considering that it won't be for free, then she is a prostitute.

A prostitute is a person, usually a woman, who has sex with men in exchange for money.( Collins dictionary's definition of a prostitute)

And if I'd "find" a girl let's say in Southern Europe and pay her for her service in form of having sex with her, she'd still be a prostitute.