BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Buriram nurse scammed out of THB400,000 by American Facebook boyfriend

Sorry to laugh about it, but it's so funny, she has believed she will get 1.1 M USD valued gift (approx.: 36 M THB). And what about the duty tax?

This was a big greedy dream.

By the way this swindler was Thai (with kasikorn account, so the case is not so difficult for police)

Edited by Loles
  • Like 2

While I truly feel sorry for this woman, i do wish the local media would give the same sort of attention to all the foreigners who are scammed by local women. Sadly, it's no surprise at all that they don't however. sad.png

glad to see this time its not a falang that was <deleted> but a Thai by a Thai.....

somnamnaa.... its all about GREED !!! coffee1.gif

• Like 2

I see. Only Nigerians are scammers in Thailand. What about the British and Russian credit cards mafians? The earlier you constitutionally rip yourself of stereotype the better for the society. Many locals are swindling foreigners of their hard-earned money here everyday. However, may I quickly remind you that only the GREEDY fellas fall victim to the low-life scammers which cuts across all races, religion and nations. Be civil in your comments.

one born every minute.

since you typed that one more has been born. Scarey isn't it?

I feel really sorry for these women that fall victims to unscrupulous scammers.

The dream of getting a farang husband and having a better life is still at large in Thailand.

Hope that these scams get better coverage on Thai media to warn future victims.

Till then.....we will be hearing again and again of similar cases.

I have no sympathy for this woman, the same as I have no Sympathy for the Farangs who are scammed every day by Thai Women, it was her choice.

• Like 2

The dream of getting a farang husband and having a better life is still at large in Thailand.

Sorry I just had to snicker at your comment...

I would not call this scam, but stupidity on high level. How on earth can someone give away 400,000 baht to someone she/he has never seen or met????

It's hard to feel sympathy.

• Like 1

I do not believe a word of it. No Thai person would give a Farang who they have never met, Soo much money. A fat rich Farang would give a cute Thai girl money who they have not met. If it's true then I hope this post goes out to the Thais to read?

Probably Russian or Nigerian.......It is an industry for them.

I saved a friend of my Thai lady from a scam like this. Unknown to me she'd been chatting/emailing a so-called 'Irishman' for some time. By chance while we were eating lunch one day, he phoned claiming he was at Swampy airport and his passport was being held by immigration. Could she please send him 40k baht to get it back and clear immigration to see her. I asked for the phone and it sounded like an Eastern European accent but it was definitely not an Irishman speaking. As soon as I said 'Well hello Paddy' he put the phone down never to be heard from again.

The same happened to my wife's friend with a little twist that not only his passport but also his (loads of) money was confiscated. The guy was definitely East European.

Edited by garrya

Anyone know how a nurse in Buriram gets 400,000 baht in the 1st place??

Read the article, she remortgaged her farm.

I do not believe a word of it. No Thai person would give a Farang who they have never met, Soo much money. A fat rich Farang would give a cute Thai girl money who they have not met. If it's true then I hope this post goes out to the Thais to read?

There are gullible people everywhere believe it or not.

• Like 1

I would not call this scam, but stupidity on high level. How on earth can someone give away 400,000 baht to someone she/he has never seen or met????

It's hard to feel sympathy.

Its easy to be critical and me personally, I would never ever do it. But it is becoming more common for people nowadays to meet partners on line. She has been talking to him / her for 3 months which is a reasonable length of time.

To some people this is enough and they feel they can trust that person, dont be too critical as this woman is not alone.