Buriram nurse scammed out of THB400,000 by American Facebook boyfriend

webfact

I feel really sorry for these women that fall victims to unscrupulous scammers.

The dream of getting a farang husband and having a better life is still at large in Thailand.

Hope that these scams get better coverage on Thai media to warn future victims.

Till then.....we will be hearing again and again of similar cases.

Why feel sorry for stupid?

First she was stupid to call someone she does not even know a boyfriend

Second she was stupid to believe someone she does not know to be a boyfriend

Third she was stupid to think someone would give her 1.1 million dollars

Lastly she was stupid to think someone who gave her 1.1 million dollars would not pay $10000 postage .

She then was even more stupid to think postage can cost $10000.

Did she think her bf was sending her a house?

Well, how about that...

Finally I have found someone who has never done anything stupid in his entire life...

You deserve a trophy..that comes with a 400,000 bahts prize as well...

guess he has to pay for the customs

I'm waiting for "The shoe's on the other foot now" comments!!! whistling.gif

Yea, and they would be highly inappropriate and indicative of cold hearts and immature mentalities.

I feel sad for the woman. 400k is an awful lot of cash for a Thai nurse to lose. Hope the guy gets in a head-on with a telephone pole on the way to the bank.

Does Facebook not cooperate in fraud investigations? Anybody have advice how she could pursue such a process?

"they would be highly inappropriate and indicative of cold hearts and immature mentalities."

Right.

"Hope the guy gets in a head-on with a telephone pole"

But that's not...

Hypocrisy defined.

facepalm.gif

Hypocrisy?

Nah, justice.

While I truly feel sorry for this woman, i do wish the local media would give the same sort of attention to all the foreigners who are scammed by local women. Sadly, it's no surprise at all that they don't however. sad.png

+1

What about Farangs scammed by Farangs?

You don't have to do much googling.

...sorry....I am not buying this......

...and transferred to a woman's account in Thailand....???

...."....Theparak ended up making seven transfers, spending a total of THB400,000, to a Kasikorn bank account under the name Karnchana Maklang, a typical Thai woman's name."

...makes no sense.....

as in..."no Thai would ever do something like this., it must have been a foreigner?"

Presumably Sotirios meant that it seems implausible that even a Thai caught in gullible mode would think it OK to send money to a Thai bank account in the name of a Thai woman while in pursuit of an American with a typically American name. Does not stack up.

one born every minute.

Why say that? The poor sod has a good heart,unlike you.

Why mock her? you sit there behind your desktop, having a lovely time mocking poor souls make a mistake

But I guess your the Mr perfect.

I see from yer avatar you look as if you have a good heart, why dont you marry her and rescue this poor maiden from her own self inflicted hell.

Far from Mr perfect, but certainly not blinded by $$$$$$, how many farangs did little miss innocent help from being scammed in the very same part of Thailand?

Thai rak thai, mai pen rai, chai mai.

PS, I didnt bet the family farm or family jewels on some schmuk I met on FB, far from perfect, thats the beauty of Thailand, every day a new scam.

Never mind as a buddhist she will know it was all just an illusion.

Money is the root of all evil.

While I truly feel sorry for this woman, i do wish the local media would give the same sort of attention to all the foreigners who are scammed by local women. Sadly, it's no surprise at all that they don't however. sad.png

+1

What about Farangs scammed by Farangs?

You don't have to do much googling.

Come down my way, what about the Thais scammed by other Thais, you wont have to do any googling, some of them belong to the same family, and cant help but rip each other off.

It sounds to me that the whole story is made up. Looking at the FB messages they are so lame that only a complete idiot would fall for them. If it is made up she is an 'attention whore" or just another Thai woman scamming another Thai woman. I don't think there was any falang involved at all if you look at the poor grammar used by the so-called falang scammer.

What do you expect at Facebook? High literature love poems?

And what's the level of all these "normal" Farangs trying to push a younger gf into their wedding scheme?

Yeah, when someone tries to report it, the police give a answer that is 'highly inappropriate and indicative of cold hearts and immature mentalities.'

Did someone try to report a scam to Farang police, and they refused to investigate?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why pick on old guys,

A very cute 24yo hooker in CR had 3 or 4 young backpacker type Euro guys sending her 20k a month each.

She laughed so hard at her story, she fell off the bed.

Indeed, there are suckers of all ages. Though a backpacker of a similar age who thought he had a holiday romance might have a little more justification in thinking that there is some sort of genuine relationship. Why they carried on sending her significant amounts of money when they had (presumably?) moved on is beyond me.

They didn't it's just another made up story from AOA, also known as Tommy physco. Talk about scammers, there are enough on here that paint a fantasy world for themselves and some on here believe what they post.

Ok his bullshit is harmless with no victims but goes to show how easy some people believe anything.

know of many "stupid" Thai women like this. Fall in love with a profile pic on a social website. Never even had a video or skype call to confirm that the person was even american let alone a male. A friend was approached with the same scam. To relases the gifts he shipped to her she was asked to send 50,000 to a freight company never heard of kbank account. (Rocket Express) Freight company address was in Lexington kentucly and google streetview showed it to be the university carpark. I transferred 50 baht to the kbak account got the account holder name and police took care of the rest.

Edited by asean
  • Like 1

Fell in love with a Thai lady 2 years ago, wanted to marry her.

"Friends" were suspicious of scam, forced me to see a doctor, doctor said girl only exists in your fantasy, you stay in asylum. Escaped from asylum, money confiscated.

Escaped to Thailand, said "hello" to fantasy girl.

Meanwhile all money gone to authorities, treated like "unperson"

You like science fiction?

This one is not 1984, it's 2013 - and still going on.

It seems exceptionally dopey to expect an American Engineer called Clifford, to have a Kasikorn account in the name of Karnchana Maklang without being just a little but suspicious.

Still, I have been conned a few times in my life.......

• Like 1

On the opposite side of every con is an equally greedy mark. I'm just blown away that this massively obvious scam works like silk on glass, over and over and over and over -- It's just like the EveryReady Bunnie with nuclear batteries. coffee1.gif There must be a sh*tload of really well off scam artists across the world -- and regardless of what this says, the chances of Prince (just got 400K richer) Charming is an American is about zero.

Their called Politicians.

Anyone know how a nurse in Buriram gets 400,000 baht in the 1st place??

What an insensitive, ignorant and arrogant anti-Thai comment, so typical of some expats here...

Why would a Thai nurse not have 400 000 bahts through inheritance, savings (she's 39 years old), whatever ?

So many white expats here think that bar girls (or boys) represent the whole of Thailand, it's disheartening. And hardly surprising that more and more Thais now also assume that all white people are like those expats. Racism is getting worse on both sides due to this kind of attitude based on nothing but judgmental clichés.

But you are the person calling them "white expats" ROFL!
  • Like 1

Anyone know how a nurse in Buriram gets 400,000 baht in the 1st place??

she is single & almost 40, worked the last 20 years, not that much...2000 a year...5-6 bht a day. and why should it matter to you ? are you the nurse/money police ? or you just wanna whine ?

nice to see the scam work in reverse, but this is pocket change compared to farangs being fleeced out of a house, car, ...

stupidity & greed

next time she needs a "boyfriend" she can go find one ...

do thai men cater to thai women ?