12 dead in attack on Paris newspaper; France goes on alert

webfact

You condone deliberate provocation, deliberate offense?

I condone freedom of the press and freedom of speech, and I condone fighting for it if necessary.

But what if satirising their religion is considered by some to be a form of racism?

Racist? Ignorant. Arabs are Caucasian. White French are Caucasian. I'm Caucasian.

Please explain your thinking AFTER you get out of the way of the real men who can deal with these bastards.

Please explain my thinking? huh.png

Well the world in which we live seems appallingly hypocritical because some parties that cheerlead freedom of expression on this forum are the first ones to cry foul when it affects their own " group ".rolleyes.gif

Racism consists of both prejudice and discrimination based in social perceptions of biological differences between peoples. It often takes the form of social actions, practices or beliefs "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

I posted yesterday that the world needs to wake up.

I agree MRTOAD "Another Bunch of murdering Muslims. Religion of peace, my ass"

Now who is going to do something to change or end this destructive religion?.........SOUND OF CRICKETSwhistling.gif

Now who is going to do something to change or end this destructive religion?

No one because the French people are unarmed. This incident proves that the police can't always handle everything. Europe has sold its soul to the PC brainwashers.

France is already 20% Muslim.

5-4-3-2-

5 to 11% according to different studies.

That above percentage was in 2011

The CIA World Factbook places it at 5–10%.[7]

A Pew Forum study, published in January 2011, estimated 4.7 million Muslims in France in 2010 (and forecasted 6.9 million in 2030).[8]

Sick !

I agree with people saying this was not terrorism. I think this is war.

I wouldn't be surprised if the two are ISIS fighters who came back to France.

some possible actions coming to mind:

- send the foreign legion to help the Kurds against ISIS. The legion can do the fighting and the Kurds can control the liberated territory

- State-subsidise a new Charlie Hebdo with offices located within a secure location

Would make more sense to simply tighten up immigration and domestic security. Sending the Foreign Legion will to Iraq will not help much with similar attacks.

Charlie Hebdo as a state subsidized outfit? If this comment was not made under such tragic circumstances it would have been comic.

Savages!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

- George Orwell

strange that the rough men dont get a mention/reference in the main reply

The rough men are out hunting these radical, Islamic, terrorist scum.

ugg! but isnt that what they claim to have been doing for more than a decade? or was that just the warm up period? speak truthfully, do you see these "rough men" delivering this peaceful sleeping any time in the next 50 years, pardon me but all i see is it just getting worse and worse and worse, spreading to more and more countries, over 20 countries at last count.

• Like 2

The world would be a better place without any religion.

Here we are in the 21st century with people still believing in historic mumbo jumbo.

I will believe in god, any god,when he turns up to prove his case.

In my book religion is brainwashing of the masses.

Muhammed was a man.

Strikes me, that blindly following man is also a bit of a problem. These people who did this are brainless animals. Any fundamentalist of any description is a problem. it is just that it seems that Muslims are willing to shoot me for my opinion.

I hope they catch these animals and spirit them away to a camp somewhere and make them suffer. Honestly I do.They don't deserve a trial.

• Like 1

Time for another series of crusades me thinks

This attack and the previous ones were in-country, and apparently carried out by residents/citizens/whatever.

The point being that sending the troops away is all very fine, the issues are first and foremost at the home front.

Horse. Carriage.

When is Europe going to wake up God is getting even they killed the Jews now their Muslims are killing them

Europe wake up

It is already to late to wake up.This social experiment was bound to fail from the start and there is no way to reverse it,unfortunately.

It`s already a war among us and the only way we can contain is to go after these extremist and their supporters SS-style !!

Really? Concentration camps and all that? coffee1.gif

When is Europe going to wake up God is getting even they killed the Jews now their Muslims are killing them

Europe wake up

It is already to late to wake up.This social experiment was bound to fail from the start and there is no way to reverse it,unfortunately.

It`s already a war among us and the only way we can contain is to go after these extremist and their supporters SS-style !!

Really? Concentration camps and all that? coffee1.gif

Don`t be silly tongue.png .

The world would be a better place without any religion.

Here we are in the 21st century with people still believing in historic mumbo jumbo.

I will believe in god, any god,when he turns up to prove his case.

In my book religion is brainwashing of the masses.

Muhammed was a man.

Strikes me, that blindly following man is also a bit of a problem. These people who did this are brainless animals. Any fundamentalist of any description is a problem. it is just that it seems that Muslims are willing to shoot me for my opinion.

I hope they catch these animals and spirit them away to a camp somewhere and make them suffer. Honestly I do.They don't deserve a trial.

Yes they do. That is what separates civilisation from reactionary animals - transparency, logic and reason, in conjunction with rough men ready to do violence on our behalf.

Apparently Charb was the target ...

The terrorists were asking where to find him.crying.gif

Charlie Hebdo cartoonist murdered in Paris terrorist attack was on al-Qaeda wanted list Stéphane Charbonnier had received death threats and lived under police protection
charb-charlie-herb_3156800b.jpg
French cartoonist Charb, publishing director of French satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo Photo: EPA

1:52PM GMT 07 Jan 2015

Stéphane Charbonnier, the Charlie Hebdo publishing director and cartoonist, was on an al Qaeda "wanted" list and lived under police protection.

The editor, who used the pen name Charb, defended the Prophet Muhammad cartoons that caused outrage in the Muslim world.

In 2013, his name was included in a Wanted Dead or Alive for Crimes Against Islam article published by Inspire, the terrorist propaganda magazine published by al Qaida.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11330505/Murdered-Charlie-Hebdo-cartoonist-was-on-al-Qaeda-wanted-list.html