Myanmar Citizen with both Temporary (work) & International (tourist) Passports

I have a friend with a Temporary Myanmar Passport good for travel to Thailand only, along with appropriate visa & work papers.

I want to take him to Singapore, and he says he also has the regular International Passport good for tourism.

However, he needs to get a Visa for Singapore, can he only get that in Yangon, or could he get it from the Singapore Embassy in BKK?

Are their Visa Services agencies in Myanmar (or BKK) that can help, ie. keep him from having to travel to Yangon, as his hometown is a considerable distance away?

Would his passport usage be as follows:

1. Enter Thailand via land boarder crossing (by Chiang Rai) using his Temporary work Passport.

2. Depart Thailand via BKK airport, also using the Temporary work Passport.

3. Arrive & depart Singaport using his International tourist passport with the Singapore visa inside.

4. Arrive BKK airport (from Singapore) and use his Temporary work Passport to enter Thailand.

5. Depart Thailand via land boarder crossing (by Chianf Rai) using his Temporary work Passport.

I have read the requirements for the Singapore Visa, and requirements seem reasonable, unless experience of others dictates that some requirement is more difficult than it appears. Does anyone have a time estimate how long this might take to get?

Also considering a trip to Hong Kong, so a Chinese Visa might be needed, but I haven't been able to find out what their requirements are, is any are particularly difficult, and how long it might take.

The passport usage would be as you indicated, although the appropriate passport for the country that he is going to must always be shown at the check-in counter and if required, the other passport to check his status inside the country (but only if asked). At immigration, only the passport that he entered the country on should be shown, unless immigration also wants to see the other one (unlikely though).

So in that sense his passport usage would be similar to that a dual citizen like me would do.

I would recommend obtaining the Singapore visa back home in Myanmar. Also, if he has to go to Yangon to get it, he might as well fly to Bangkok from there or go overland via the Myawady-Mae Sot crossing as the Tachilek-Mae Sai crossing is much further away and would probably require a domestic flight to get to.

The passport usage would be as you indicated, although the appropriate passport for the country that he is going to must always be shown at the check-in counter and if required, the other passport to check his status inside the country (but only if asked). At immigration, only the passport that he entered the country on should be shown, unless immigration also wants to see the other one (unlikely though).

So in that sense his passport usage would be similar to that a dual citizen like me would do.

I would recommend obtaining the Singapore visa back home in Myanmar. Also, if he has to go to Yangon to get it, he might as well fly to Bangkok from there or go overland via the Myawady-Mae Sot crossing as the Tachilek-Mae Sai crossing is much further away and would probably require a domestic flight to get to.