Police: Relatives do not doubt suicide theory of French tourist on Koh Tao

webfact

SURAT THANI: -- Relatives of a French tourist who hanged himself did not doubt the nature of his death, Surat Thani police said.

Surat Thani police commander Pol Maj Gen Apichart Boonsriroj said the police were in touch with the French embassy after a French tourist, Dmitri Pofv, was found hanged in a rented Bungalow room in Koh Tao on January 1.

The embassy has said relatives did not doubt his death after they were explained of the investigation procedure of the Thai police and the autopsy result.

But the police commander said the relatives have not yet said whether they would fly in to take the body back for religious service, or want the embassy to send the body back home.

Source: http://englishnews.t...s-death-koh-tao

From the update.

Despite being identified by police, the body of Dimitri Povse remains in a Koh Tao temple awaiting relatives in France contacting either police or the French Embassy.

I am really confused here. Did the French embassy talk to the next of kin or not? In the OP it stated they did, and in this latest update they have not as of yet.

The Thai Police are not open about their telepathy, incase they are ridiculed for it. But it does seem the only way that they would have been able to ascertain that the parents of the deceased are satisfied with the Polices suicide theory, given that they have not physically been able to contact them.

• Like 2

Why do we always find out what somebody else thinks from the mouths of Thai officials ?. And funnily enough, they always agree with what the person telling us would like us to believe.

And the media always seem to take it as gospel - with headlines such as this one. Are they as gullible as everyone else, or do they just know what is good for them ?.

Since watching closely for the last few years, I don't trust a single word from a Thai politician or policeman now. What an appalling testimony to a country.

I second that - I will never believe one Word from a thai-policeofficer ever Again. RTP is a disgrace to Thailand and I see them as a cancer that need to be removed asap - Shame on RTP

• Like 2

I think it is time for embassies to issue travel warnings on the basis of Thai police failure to properly investigate so many deaths under suspicious circumstances.

...I wonder why no political or international pressure is put on.....

...people do not go on vacation to die....

..and if they do die...it is deemed suicide....or alcohol.....or drugs....or a medical condition....

...and it is not appreciated if anyone suggests otherwise.....

...a death....warrants a thorough investigation.....not speculation or hearsay.....or stereotyping.....

whistling.gif I do not know if it was a suicide or not.

But without further facts being revealed there is simply no facts to base a valid conclusion on.

But that doesn't stop the resident Thai bashers from casting unsupported slurs against the Thai police does it?

• Like 1

interesting that the french police is able to find the scum within 3 days and the Koh Tao fuzz still know nothing but accuse some Birmese kids. Shame on you RTP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....hearsay and conjecture...

...who knows what was said...and what basis it has ......on what 'proof'....

...and what is the family supposed to say.....

...the headline suggests that the family might have expected him to commit suicide....

...people DO NOT go on holiday to commit suicide.....

Well actually some people DO go on holiday to do just that!

However, in this case i find it unlikely.