Katie Hopkins

h90

The way she talk about "Fat People" make me sick. She might be fit physically, but mentally, she doesn't look that stable.

The part that looked interesting, was the discussion with the psychologist, where she mentioned that her addiction to fitness was in some way similar to food addiction.

For her experience to mean something, she would need to have food as an addiction, and gain the weight over a longer period.

She just proved how certain "Thin People" can be A$%$$%, and her bluntness is probably a way to hide her own weaknesses.

The "fat club" is really the only positive thing.

The way she talk about "Fat People" make me sick. She might be fit physically, but mentally, she doesn't look that stable.

The part that looked interesting, was the discussion with the psychologist, where she mentioned that her addiction to fitness was in some way similar to food addiction.

For her experience to mean something, she would need to have food as an addiction, and gain the weight over a longer period.

She just proved how certain "Thin People" can be A$%$$%, and her bluntness is probably a way to hide her own weaknesses.

Her experiment proofs nothing, beside that she has willpower to do something crazy. And there is nothing to proof, if you eat less you get slimmer. That is well known since thousands of years. But she really has a point with fat kids, why let the parents get the kids so fat?

Generally she is mostly right, but could say it different. On the other hand he makes money with her bluntness.....

We all have an addiction to food. Withdraw symptoms are usually deadly.....

Her experiment proofs nothing, beside that she has willpower to do something crazy. And there is nothing to proof, if you eat less you get slimmer. That is well known since thousands of years. But she really has a point with fat kids, why let the parents get the kids so fat?

Generally she is mostly right, but could say it different. On the other hand he makes money with her bluntness.....

I watched it.. she really hates fat people.. she is crazy. She is gifted with a fast metabolism she has to recognize there are differences in this. Though real obese.. sorry that is their own doing.

But yes i feel its criminal that parents let their kids get obese.

I watched it.. she really hates fat people.. she is crazy. She is gifted with a fast metabolism she has to recognize there are differences in this. Though real obese.. sorry that is their own doing.

Well fast or slow metabolism doesn't make a difference at all. It is just if you eat 2500 or 1500 kcal. And I guess if you go daily 1-2 hours running and live very active you'll automatically get a fast metabolism.

But still her experiment only proofs that if you eat a lot you get fat, if you eat little you get slim. That isn't new at all and no one ever doubted that.

But what I recognized a bit later: At the end of her experiment she was HEAVIER than before. Whatever her excuse is (she never accepts the excuses from the fat one, so we must judge her the same) she FAILED her experiment, she ended being fatter.

• Like 1

Well fast or slow metabolism doesn't make a difference at all. It is just if you eat 2500 or 1500 kcal. And I guess if you go daily 1-2 hours running and live very active you'll automatically get a fast metabolism.

But still her experiment only proofs that if you eat a lot you get fat, if you eat little you get slim. That isn't new at all and no one ever doubted that.

But what I recognized a bit later: At the end of her experiment she was HEAVIER than before. Whatever her excuse is (she never accepts the excuses from the fat one, so we must judge her the same) she FAILED her experiment, she ended being fatter.

That is not what i mean about fast and slow metabolism. I am talking about 2 similar people doing the same stuff weighing the same and one burns 200-300 cals more on a day just based on the metabolic rate. That really is a lot especially if you look at it long term.

Sure you can always eat less and less and less but there are limits one should not go under.

I don't like Katie Hopkins much as a person, but what she said about children is right on the mark.

That is not what i mean about fast and slow metabolism. I am talking about 2 similar people doing the same stuff weighing the same and one burns 200-300 cals more on a day just based on the metabolic rate. That really is a lot especially if you look at it long term.

Sure you can always eat less and less and less but there are limits one should not go under.

I don't like Katie Hopkins much as a person, but what she said about children is right on the mark.

Yes but with lower metabolism also the limits are lower. It is like if you are 1.60 or 1.90 tall. The 1.90 can/must eat more. And the metabolism goes up if you do more sport.

For me she doesn't sound like she hate fat people. She sound like she is very frustrated that she can't talk sense into them. But of course insulting them doesn't work (but well everything else doesn't work as well). And she has a point, most fat people would be happier, healthier and cost less money if they would eat less. And there are enough fat people who were successful in reducing their weight.

Yes but with lower metabolism also the limits are lower. It is like if you are 1.60 or 1.90 tall. The 1.90 can/must eat more. And the metabolism goes up if you do more sport.

For me she doesn't sound like she hate fat people. She sound like she is very frustrated that she can't talk sense into them. But of course insulting them doesn't work (but well everything else doesn't work as well). And she has a point, most fat people would be happier, healthier and cost less money if they would eat less. And there are enough fat people who were successful in reducing their weight.

That is not what i mean, there are 2 people identical weight and height and one has a 20% (studies indicated that this could be the difference between fast and slow). That is huge a drug like DNP gives a 20% extra burn(per 200mg), other drugs like cytomel (t3) 5% max clenbuterol (5%) max ECA (3-4%). Not promoting drugs here but just showing what kind of heavy drugs (potentially dangerous) drugs doing even less as a natural state that someone has 24/7.

That is why you can't just compare people, I agree everyone can loose weight but for some its quite a lot harder as others. Its like someone who already does not eat a lot has to cut out even more to loose weight while the other person eats a lot more and has some much more room to cut out foods. (easier to cut 500 from a 2500 call diet as from a 2000 call diet).

That being said nobody (without health problems) has to stay fat. I am an example of it and my dad who had a real big beer belly too. He just started biking even more 10.000 km last year (quite nice given the fact that the Netherlands has a lot of strong winds). He also cut out some extra foods and gradually he is loosing all of his beer gut. I NEVER thought he would be able to do that at 67.

Other side of the story is my younger brother, he was the type that you could shine a flash light at his back and you got an x-ray. I am talking skinny in the extreme. Now at 37 he is heavier as my dad (hurts him a lot so he will do something about it) But his food habits were real bad. Loads of chips and whatever he wanted. He never had to watch his food never. Seems age has gotten him (plus stopping smoking).

Last month i gained some weight and now lost most of it, however it showed me one clear thing, the more crap you eat and the less you exercise the more bad crap you want to eat and the less I exercise as skipping sessions gets easier. Once i got back eating my normal healthy food cravings were gone and the exercising combined with the good food made me feel better. But putting weight on is a lot easier as getting rid of it.

Ok back to Katie Hopkins, she is far to crude but some of those walking mountains (woman) look so ugly and she has a point that people will just not employ them. However how she talks and acts.. not my style and putting someone down like that I just feel that is not the right way. True all other things have failed.

Her point about fat being the new normal is scary because for a big part its true. Largely part to overeating and lack of exercise its sad actually. But just think of all the foreigners here with their enormous bellies in a singlet guzzling beer and being called hansum. You see it here a lot too.

My gf her younger sister (20 years old) and 155 cm is now 100kg. I told her more then a few times she is at risk of diabetic. Its laughted at and she stuffs her face with food again. In her case its clearly overeating and eating bad stuff. She takes 3 times what I eat. So yes overeating (especially the wrong stuff.. have yet to see someone overeat on salads) is why people get fat. Nothing magical about it, that is why people who change their foods do loose weight but few seem to realize its an ongoing battle that gets harder as one ages.

That is not what i mean, there are 2 people identical weight and height and one has a 20% (studies indicated that this could be the difference between fast and slow). That is huge a drug like DNP gives a 20% extra burn(per 200mg), other drugs like cytomel (t3) 5% max clenbuterol (5%) max ECA (3-4%). Not promoting drugs here but just showing what kind of heavy drugs (potentially dangerous) drugs doing even less as a natural state that someone has 24/7.

That is why you can't just compare people, I agree everyone can loose weight but for some its quite a lot harder as others. Its like someone who already does not eat a lot has to cut out even more to loose weight while the other person eats a lot more and has some much more room to cut out foods. (easier to cut 500 from a 2500 call diet as from a 2000 call diet).

That being said nobody (without health problems) has to stay fat. I am an example of it and my dad who had a real big beer belly too. He just started biking even more 10.000 km last year (quite nice given the fact that the Netherlands has a lot of strong winds). He also cut out some extra foods and gradually he is loosing all of his beer gut. I NEVER thought he would be able to do that at 67.

Other side of the story is my younger brother, he was the type that you could shine a flash light at his back and you got an x-ray. I am talking skinny in the extreme. Now at 37 he is heavier as my dad (hurts him a lot so he will do something about it) But his food habits were real bad. Loads of chips and whatever he wanted. He never had to watch his food never. Seems age has gotten him (plus stopping smoking).

Last month i gained some weight and now lost most of it, however it showed me one clear thing, the more crap you eat and the less you exercise the more bad crap you want to eat and the less I exercise as skipping sessions gets easier. Once i got back eating my normal healthy food cravings were gone and the exercising combined with the good food made me feel better. But putting weight on is a lot easier as getting rid of it.

Ok back to Katie Hopkins, she is far to crude but some of those walking mountains (woman) look so ugly and she has a point that people will just not employ them. However how she talks and acts.. not my style and putting someone down like that I just feel that is not the right way. True all other things have failed.

Her point about fat being the new normal is scary because for a big part its true. Largely part to overeating and lack of exercise its sad actually. But just think of all the foreigners here with their enormous bellies in a singlet guzzling beer and being called hansum. You see it here a lot too.

My gf her younger sister (20 years old) and 155 cm is now 100kg. I told her more then a few times she is at risk of diabetic. Its laughted at and she stuffs her face with food again. In her case its clearly overeating and eating bad stuff. She takes 3 times what I eat. So yes overeating (especially the wrong stuff.. have yet to see someone overeat on salads) is why people get fat. Nothing magical about it, that is why people who change their foods do loose weight but few seem to realize its an ongoing battle that gets harder as one ages.

To take your example: Your gf younger sister. Wouldn't it be understandable if someone more emotional tells her something more cruel (like KH does) just in hope to wake her up, or out of frustration to see how someone young and beautiful destroy her life?

And not employ? I would not employ someone with tattoo for the counter on the bank. I would not employ someone religious in an abortion clinic. I would not employ a man for the women sauna, etc etc.. In Thailand they don't like to employ any older women (>30) for office.

That is all OK, but when the same is said about people who decided to be fat it is cruel. Age limits for employes are much more cruel.

(That still doesn't make KH right, very fat people can be excellent staff, in my sample here the fat one are actually the better one (most probably coincident, but surely not worse). But they are still young, it may change dramatic when they reach 50 and have pain and diabetics).

Thai Visa is now on to this woman...

She says lots of,things just to shock people and to get press coverage, currently in the UK she is on that Big Brother, boring programme, and already upsetting everyone on it.

Honestly she just try's to,wind people,up... , she has done it many a time, so she is good at it...

Probsbly deep down she is an OK person.

Just likes the Fame....

She says lots of,things just to shock people and to get press coverage, currently in the UK she is on that Big Brother, boring programme, and already upsetting everyone on it.

Honestly she just try's to,wind people,up... , she has done it many a time, so she is good at it...

Just likes the Fame....

Just likes the Fame....

Well gaining that amount of weight and diet it away is more than just upset people with some troll comments. Or maybe it started with some trollish comments and than developed into something different.

But I must admit, I never heard about her before, so I wasn't biased when seeing that documentary on youtube.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the documentary was very revealing. It does prove something: if you eat too much, and don't exercise you put on weight. That's how it starts that is how it goes on.

But it was contrived and doesn't take into account weight issues as addictions or get in to the psychological issues behind obesity. I really liked the psychologist who clearly empathises with her patients.

The woman comes as across as manic and unstable in my view.

I thought she looked a little better at the end than she did right at the start, you can over-exercise.

She just says what everyone else thinks and are too afraid to say aloud.

Because deep down they know how IDIOTIC it is.

We had the discussion at work and if you had 2 people who had the same qualifications but one was obese which one would you employ?

You don't get fat by eating healthy and exercising, before you jump down my throat yes some people have medical conditions!

Over weight people are perceived as being lazy.

I am not stick thin my self and I know if I eat processed crap and convenience food I will put weight on.

I also know when it comes to eating healthy I can drop a stone easy.

Have you been to the UK lately and seen how many obese people there is?

It is time to teach kids how to cook again healthy food instead of using a microwave. It starts at home!!

( I shall put my hard hat on now, ready for the abuse)

Not interested really in getting into it.

I think that woman is disgusting, fat or thin.

I don't mean her looks.

I mean her MIND.

Fat-shaming: how the slim and sanctimonious help to cause our obesity crisis
Where weight is a risk to health it should be tackled, but it shouldn’t become a free-for-all for finger-wagging skinnies

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/11/fat-shaming-slim-sanctimonious-cause-obesity-crisis

I want to add this here is a HEALTH FORUM to provide support to people dealing with a health problem.

It is not the place for FAT SHAMING garbage.

There is more than enough of that in the world, like EVERYWHERE.

Edited by Jingthing

I agree Jingthing but when I was a kid you ate more fresh foods had home cooked meals I can't remember knowing anyone obese I still think schools should learn kids how to cook healthy, to me it's about educating people. I talk from the heart when it comes to weight having a 16 year old who is struggling with it and I blame myself but we are trying to get there.

Well, you're not going to like what I'm going to tell you then.

In my opinion, there is really little you can do to motivate a 16 year old to make changes.

Any impetus for change will need to come from within ... and don't hold your breath.

If she is intellectually curious I would recommend that you suggest that she watch the excellent BBC series --

The Men Who Made Us Fat

The Men Who Make Us Thin

all on youtube.

Well, you're not going to like what I'm going to tell you then.

In my opinion, there is really little you can do to motivate a 16 year old to make changes.

Any impetus for change will need to come from within ... and don't hold your breath.

If she is intellectually curious I would recommend that you suggest that she watch the excellent BBC series --

The Men Who Made Us Fat

The Men Who Make Us Thin

all on youtube.

Thank you, for the suggestions, like i said it's real battle and upsetting at times but still trying :-)

I agree Jingthing but when I was a kid you ate more fresh foods had home cooked meals I can't remember knowing anyone obese I still think schools should learn kids how to cook healthy, to me it's about educating people. I talk from the heart when it comes to weight having a 16 year old who is struggling with it and I blame myself but we are trying to get there.

You can only try to set a good example and talk with him / her about the risks.. Unfortunately JT is right at 16 they have to decide for themselves.

Thing is when I went to school same thing hardly any obese kids, later on kids got a bit fatter but nothing like it is now. But it got easier and easier to get fast food. People had more money kids had more money ect. When I was real young I could not really afford eating bad (low pocket money) so I ate healthy.

But even at 18 I was working out as crazy (started young hitting the weights think around 16 myself). But even back then it was hard for me to get real lean (bodybuilder lean not average person lean). Had I known then what i know now about food. Only until I was way in my 30ies did i really understand how important food is and the mistakes I made.

It takes long but back then there was not as much info available on the internet.

Katie does speak what most people are thinking

She has the bottle to speak the truth in PC UK

+ posh birds are the dirtiest best shags

I would lover to give her a good pumping

• Like 1

I thought the documentary was very revealing. It does prove something: if you eat too much, and don't exercise you put on weight. That's how it starts that is how it goes on.

But it was contrived and doesn't take into account weight issues as addictions or get in to the psychological issues behind obesity. I really liked the psychologist who clearly empathises with her patients.

The woman comes as across as manic and unstable in my view.

I thought she looked a little better at the end than she did right at the start, you can over-exercise.

yes but she being a manic doesn't mean she is wrong......I liked the look at the start better.

We had the discussion at work and if you had 2 people who had the same qualifications but one was obese which one would you employ?

You don't get fat by eating healthy and exercising, before you jump down my throat yes some people have medical conditions!

Over weight people are perceived as being lazy.

I am not stick thin my self and I know if I eat processed crap and convenience food I will put weight on.

I also know when it comes to eating healthy I can drop a stone easy.

Have you been to the UK lately and seen how many obese people there is?

It is time to teach kids how to cook again healthy food instead of using a microwave. It starts at home!!

( I shall put my hard hat on now, ready for the abuse)

medical condition? 30 years ago in Europe, maybe 1 out of 500 people was as fat as now 50 % in some countries. So these medical conditions must be very rare. But it is political correct to find something why you aren't wrong yourself.

And it isn't helping. The same as with stop smoking. As long as it was only a bad habit people could stop it easier, than now when it is a serious addiction.

Tell someone often enough that he has no chance to change it and he really won't be able.

• Like 1

KH is not behaving nicely at all. But it is true, overweight people get away with poor standards that would be called out under any other circumstances.

Let's just pour on the FAT SHAMING nice and thick, shall we? bah.gif

I think I'll go on an alcoholic self help forum now and, as someone who has never had a drinking problem and knows I never will, tell them what horrible poor standards those DRUNKS have.

Please refer to this thread:

People with weight control issues are NOT here to get insulted or to receive morality lectures. They already know they have a problem with weight. They already know it is better to eat an apple than ice cream. They already (for the most part) have self esteem issues from living in cultures where their weight is seen as very ugly and undesirable, not to mention the health issues, which they ALREADY know about.

Edited by Jingthing

KH is not behaving nicely at all. But it is true, overweight people get away with poor standards that would be called out under any other circumstances.

Let's just pour on the FAT SHAMING nice and thick, shall we? bah.gif

I think I'll go on an alcoholic self help forum now and, as someone who has never had a drinking problem and knows I never will, tell them what horrible poor standards those DRUNKS have.

Please refer to this thread:

People with weight control issues are NOT here to get insulted or to receive morality lectures. They already know they have a problem with weight. They already know it is better to eat an apple than ice cream. They already (for the most part) have self esteem issues from living in cultures where their weight is seen as very ugly and undesirable, not to mention the health issues, which they ALREADY know about.

I recommend you watch the movie first.