Katie Hopkins

h90

JT ..it seems you know everything , so whats the problem ? sorry i forgot you dont have a problem ... if you dont have a problem then offer some advice to help others , it seems to me you want to be the fat kid who gets picked on ,,,, we are talking about weight here , its not a tumor or third arm growing out of the head , why are fat people so sensitive ? sometimes the truth hurts .....

• Like 1

JT ..it seems you know everything , so whats the problem ? sorry i forgot you dont have a problem ... if you dont have a problem then offer some advice to help others , it seems to me you want to be the fat kid who gets picked on ,,,, we are talking about weight here , its not a tumor or third arm growing out of the head , why are fat people so sensitive ? sometimes the truth hurts .....

It is not fat people who are so sensitive, it is a small group that is very vocal.

Yes sometimes JT wants to get picked, so he later can insult people calling them racist, ignorant, arrogant, etc etc but it get a bit better now after he had great success reducing his weight by exactly what Katie Hopkins is teaching (eat less move more).

• Like 1

This is a health support subforum. The purpose is not to insult people about their weight problems any more than you INSULT people about their drinking problems on a health support forum for ALCOHOLISM.

If this forum is dominated by that kind of nastiness, indeed FAT SHAMING, the value and purpose of this subforum is basically RUINED. Surely there are other places to ignorantly insult people with weight problems, like the greater world. I don't care about your ignorant personal insults as I place no value on the opinions of morality preachers and fat shamers. I do care about the people who are not posting here because they know they will be INSULTED, even by people who have no experience themselves with weight issues and/or NO MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE, 100 percent guaranteed.

Edited by Jingthing

This is a health support subforum. The purpose is not to insult people about their weight problems any more than you INSULT people about their drinking problems on a health support forum for ALCOHOLISM.

If this forum is dominated by that kind of nastiness, indeed FAT SHAMING, the value and purpose of this subforum is basically RUINED. Surely there are other places to ignorantly insult people with weight problems, like the greater world. I don't care about your ignorant personal insults as I place no value on the opinions of morality preachers and fat shamers. I do care about the people who are not posting here because they know they will be INSULTED, even by people who have no experience themselves with weight issues and/or NO MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE, 100 percent guaranteed.

Actually fat shaming does help, pressure from the environment can help a person make the right choices. My gfs younger sister 20 yo and now 100 kg. No shaming everyone this its ok and she just eats more and more and more. With some more pressure from the family this could have been changed. They even have a 10yo there that is around 90kg, the family thinks it cute. So I think fat shaming would have helped there now they are just feeding the addiction and acting like its normal.

Actually fat shaming does help, pressure from the environment can help a person make the right choices. My gfs younger sister 20 yo and now 100 kg. No shaming everyone this its ok and she just eats more and more and more. With some more pressure from the family this could have been changed. They even have a 10yo there that is around 90kg, the family thinks it cute. So I think fat shaming would have helped there now they are just feeding the addiction and acting like its normal.

Why I am not surprised that you would defend fat shaming?

Dude, do you think many people with weight issues are going to come on here and be honest, showing their vulnerability, knowing there are the rude fat shaming HYENA type people just waiting to pounce on them here?

Some who have never had a weight problems and are completely ignorant about the often complicated aspects (biological and PSYCHOLOGICAL) of weight issues.

That would NEVER be OK on any other kind of health support forum (like drinking) and it should not be acceptable here either.

Have you ever wondered why so FEW people post here looking for support when probably something like 20 to 40 percent of the Thaivisa members are overweight or obese?

Surely even you must know fat shaming is already everywhere in the real world.

Why would people with weight issues seek out that kind of nastiness here?

"Everyone, including doctors, should stop blaming and shaming people for their weight and offer support, and where appropriate, treatment," that study's lead author, Jane Wardle, Ph.D., said in a university press release.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/23/family-criticism-weight-loss_n_6367350.html

If all this forum can offer people dealing with weight problems is fat shaming insults and simplistic truisms like eat less, move more then WHY EVEN HAVE THIS FORUM!?!

Why not just have the heading and people click and it says:

YOU'RE A FAT SLOB.

STOP EATING SO MUCH.

STOP BEING SO LAZY.

THIS FORUM IS CLOSED BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING ELSE TO SAY.

Edited by Jingthing

None. I wasn't aware it was a requirement to have one in order to post. But as mentioned my diet is poor and relatives and friends are overweight and in one case obese. Painful to see and in Thailand guess who will foot bill. Just about to be a father for first time. So keen on solving issues thus I come on this forum. I don't think there is an alternative.

• Like 1

None. I wasn't aware it was a requirement to have one in order to post. But as mentioned my diet is poor and relatives and friends are overweight and in one case obese. Painful to see and in Thailand guess who will foot bill. Just about to be a father for first time. So keen on solving issues thus I come on this forum. I don't think there is an alternative.

So you're concerned are you? rolleyes.gif

Again, this is a HEALTH FORUM intended for people seeking SUPPORT for weight problems from people who actually have something HELPFUL (hopefully with a spirit of COMPASSION) to offer based on actual knowledge and experience.

I will say again, people with weight problems are well aware what their bodies look like, they are already well aware of the basic concepts of eating less and better and exercising more, but they still have issues, often issues they have been dealing with for life and will continue to deal with even if weight is lost.

Similar to alcoholics they know they have a control problem with drinking ... telling them that for the 1000th time is the opposite of helpful.

Impetus to change does not come from morality lectures or shaming.

http://www.thenation.com/blog/174049/fat-shaming-all-around-us#

Leaving aside the comments about my stupidity, my oversensitivity and my weight, the reaction to my argument that the sign was “fat-shamey” was, in itself, really fat-shaming. Fat people are hideous. Fat people are lazy. Fat people are fat by choice. Fat people don’t know they’re fat. Fat people are too dumb to make smart choices. Chloe is fat and should therefore shut up, because fat people’s voices don’t count. In that kind of discourse, it becomes crystal clear that in America, “fat” is not simply an adjective. It carries so much more—if you’ll forgive me—weight, than that.

Multiple people pointed to America’s "obesity epidemic" as justification for heaping scorn and cruelty on overweight people, as though a national food policy problem can be solved by insulting individual human beings. True, some people are genuinely concerned about the "obesity epidemic." But when I hear someone defend their hatred and discrimination with the words “obesity epidemic!” all I hear is, “I lack compassion for an increasingly populous group of my fellow citizens!” Oh, but for their own good, of course.

Edited by Jingthing

That's a very nebulous set of questions. Let's take the issue of ongoing support for those who have lost weight. This is central for all of us since we all want to enjoy and is being discussed on the other thread. A very fruitful discussion with lots of help. I have been part of that too. Did you listen to the BBC prog I linked for instance? Yes of course I have empathy.

Think what you like.

I have presented my opinion as to why SO FEW people actually come on here seeking health support with weight control issues out of a potential pool of likely tens of thousands of people.

My sharp words are intended to promote the concept of making this space a fat shaming / morality lecturing free zone with the idea that would increase value and increase numbers of actual people seeking help here, knowing they are entering a compassionate environment.

THE SAME as people entering a health forum for support of OTHER health problems would rightly expect! (For example: ALCOHOLISM)

Dudes, this subforum is NOT a compassionate environment for people with weight issues.

It is more like a judgmental, morality preaching, fat shaming type of environment.

Why come here for that?!?crazy.gif

Edited by Jingthing

Think what you like.

I have presented my opinion as to why SO FEW people actually come on here seeking health support with weight control issues out of a potential pool of likely tens of thousands of people.

My sharp words are intended to promote the concept of making this space a fat shaming / morality lecturing free zone with the idea that would increase value and increase numbers of actual people seeking help here, knowing they are entering a compassionate environment.

THE SAME as people entering a health forum for support of OTHER health problems would rightly expect! (For example: ALCOHOLISM)

Dudes, this subforum is NOT a compassionate environment for people with weight issues.

It is more like a judgmental, morality preaching, fat shaming type of environment.

Jt, What is it that you want or need to hear ?. What would help you ?

Generally dealing with painful emotions, emptiness, lack, unsatiated desires underpin all disorders but most people are not aware of them or wouldn't talk on a forum about them. And when we go to tackle them they often flare up with greater intensity. thus most of us tuck them away.

To an extent problems with food are existential, and it is just that the forum is heavily dominated by middle aged males. It is a pity no women post I guess. I can understand why.

Just at a glimpse (I don't know I may be wrong) you now fall in to that existential category. Me too with my need to radically overhaul my sugar intense diet. There isn't a magic bullet as far as I can see. You have to be your own shrink, your own nutritional advisor, your own mum and dad and friend.

Think what you like.

Jt, What is it that you want or need to hear ?. What would help you ?

Generally dealing with painful emotions, emptiness, lack, unsatiated desires underpin all disorders but most people are not aware of them or wouldn't talk on a forum about them. And when we go to tackle them they often flare up with greater intensity. thus most of us tuck them away.

To an extent problems with food are existential, and it is just that the forum is heavily dominated by middle aged males. It is a pity no women post I guess. I can understand why.

Just at a glimpse (I don't know I may be wrong) you now fall in to that existential category. Me too with my need to radically overhaul my sugar intense diet. There isn't a magic bullet as far as I can see. You have to be your own shrink, your own nutritional advisor, your own mum and dad and friend.

Women: Frequently Kitsune is posting here very value input. Some things I agree some not, but I learned from her that there are different ways that result in the same effect.

You look at Thai Visa, there are in general much more men than women, so also in the fat forum.

Think what you like.

no you are wrong it is not. But being only lovely and telling everyone that it is the gut bacteria, the genes or whatever and the fat person isn't wrong it is just fate doesn't bring any success.

The only thing is EATING LESS. That is the base of everything and that needs dedication and will power. That isn't nice to hear but has nothing to do with shaming, it is just a fact.

Than we can discuss how to do that as easy and pain free as possible (cut out the sugar, no junk food, high protein vs. high carbohydrate, tablets, etc etc). By doing a group hug and whining that we are all victims we don't get it done.

I lost more than 20 kg by eating less, you lost 50 pounds by eating less, Kitsune lost a lot (sorry I forgot how much) by eating only vegetables, Robblock lost by eating less + hard daily training.

Means: Fat people eat too much and exercise too less. If you want to hear it or not it is a fact.

• Like 1

Ever wonder why over the years on this forum almost nobody who has claimed to lose weight has come back and said they have failed and regained the weight, or more?

Does that strike you as curious?

Not to me,

Statistically speaking, the VAST MAJORITY of overweight people who lose weight gain it back and more within relative short times.

That is not controversial. THAT IS FACT.

But not here. Not at the magic forum with perfect morality.

Why aren't people who experience these failures posting here?

I'll tell you why.

The rude arrogant uncompassionate FAT SHAMING tone of this subforum overall.

They would be lectured with morality crap -- you didn't want it enough, you are weak, you have no will power, all you have to do is eat less exercise more, are you a moron?

What do I want?

What I want is NOT for me. It's for the others that aren't here being helped because the help here is not sincerely helpful ... not with all the morality preaching and fat shaming.

I want this forum to be free of any hint of FAT SHAMING.

Why?

Because it hurts people ... it does not encourage people to lose weight ... that comes from within, not from bullying, moralizing, and fat shaming.

Think of all the people who never post here.

That's what I'm saying.

Why would they?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2014/09/11/fat-shaming-doesnt-work-a-new-study-says/

If, somehow, you think shaming overweight or obese people helps them lose weight, here's a news flash: It doesn't.

A new study from University College London evaluated the question: Are people who experience discrimination or negative interactions based on their weight actually encouraged to lose the extra pounds?

The answer, according to their findings, is a clear no.

Not only do people who report day-to-day discrimination not lose weight, they actually gain weight.

"Our results show that weight discrimination does not encourage weight loss, and suggest that it may even exacerbate weight gain," the study's lead author, Sarah Jackson, said in a statement. "Previous studies have found that people who experience discrimination report comfort eating. Stress responses to discrimination can increase appetite, particularly for unhealthy, energy-dense food."

Edited by Jingthing

Ever wonder why over the years on this forum almost nobody who has claimed to lose weight has come back and said they have failed and regained the weight, or more?

Not to me,

Statistically speaking, the VAST MAJORITY of overweight people who lose weight gain it back and more within relative short times.

I'll tell you why.

They would be lectured with morality crap -- you didn't want it enough, you are weak, you have no will power, all you have to do is eat less exercise more, are you a moron?

What do I want?

What I want is NOT for me. It's for the others that aren't here being helped because the help here is not sincerely helpful ... not with all the morality preaching and fat shaming.

Why?

Because it hurts people ... it does not encourage people to lose weight ... that comes from within, not from bullying, moralizing, and fat shaming.

That's what I'm saying.

Why would they?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2014/09/11/fat-shaming-doesnt-work-a-new-study-says/

If, somehow, you think shaming overweight or obese people helps them lose weight, here's a news flash: It doesn't.

A new study from University College London evaluated the question: Are people who experience discrimination or negative interactions based on their weight actually encouraged to lose the extra pounds?

Not only do people who report day-to-day discrimination not lose weight, they actually gain weight.

"Our results show that weight discrimination does not encourage weight loss, and suggest that it may even exacerbate weight gain," the study's lead author, Sarah Jackson, said in a statement. "Previous studies have found that people who experience discrimination report comfort eating. Stress responses to discrimination can increase appetite, particularly for unhealthy, energy-dense food."

But all these insults you quote appear to be appearing in your postings only. Perhaps this has something to do with past trolls.

• Like 1

Not to me,

I'll tell you why.

What do I want?

Why?

That's what I'm saying.

Why would they?

"you didn't want it enough, you are weak, you have no will power, all you have to do is eat less exercise more, are you a moron?"

I gained some weight again (and later lost it again) and guess why, because I didn't care enough what I eat ("you didn't want it enough") drink too much beer even I know it isn't good ("you are weak", "you have no will power") and I fixed the problem by eating less and exercise more ("have to do is eat less exercise more"). But I would never call someone a moron....insulting people is your thing not mine.

You lost 50 pounds you told. By eating a everything you find without limits? Or by controlling yourself and being in a permanent struggle of not overeating? You posted that you even exercise everyday (and hate it), that is more will power than I have. I exercise but I like it.

So what is your point? You need to eat less and exercise more to loose weight is a fact, but we shouldn't mention it to fat people who ask what to do, because it hurts their feeling?

Drawing attention to self destructive behavior and things that cause communual damage is fat shaming!! You kind of proved the point someone dares to mention it and all hell breaks loose.

What is your health problem with weight?

I lost 25 kg and kept it off.. is that good enough JT to be able to talk. I also got hypothyroidism is that good enough to be able to talk.

And yes I defend fat shaming as we should not thik that being fat is normal or good. The moment we think that we end up with even more fat people. I thought the example I gave was quite clear and taken from real life. If there was a bigger stigma against being fat here we would not end up with 10yo at 90 kg and girls that are 100kg.

We should all just happily accept that fat people have nothing to do with their own problem and its impossible to loose weight.

i was also 100 kg now 77kg .... when i was young we had no fat kids .....why? because of a few key reasons .

1/ exercise ...we played outside , no computer games and only a little tv at night

2/ we ate what our parents cooked ..some of it home grown , meat from the local butcher ...

3/ if any kids got fat they were pulled into line real quick , i wasnt teasing it was more like tow the line and dont be so lazy , that also applied to the parents of the fat kid , the other parents would speak out openly ...it worked well ...

However, we deal these days ,with Sugar addiction , sugar addiction can make you crazy , no different than a meth head ...the sad thing is we give it to very young kids and its legal... if that is you JT then i understand you more ....addiction of any kind takes very strong will power and support .

• Like 1

I think that there is a difference between fat shaming and totally ridiculing people. Just making sure that fat is not the new normal and that its a problem.

I don't mean teasing fat people ridiculing, but making sure its not an accepted state.

What's my point, somebody asked?
I already made my point.

Anyway, carry on as before, but please expect that almost nobody of the vast majority dealing with these problems, those who have failed to lose weight or fail to maintain weight loss feels this is a safe enough place to post here.

They already feel crappy about their situation and already self blame.

They are not looking for external morality preaching lectures.

If others don't get this basic stuff, I'm sorry for that, but more sorry for the people I'm sure will never post here because of the moralistic judgmental environment here.

Edited by Jingthing

Drawing attention to self destructive behavior and things that cause communual damage is fat shaming!! You kind of proved the point someone dares to mention it and all hell breaks loose.

I lost 25 kg and kept it off.. is that good enough JT to be able to talk. I also got hypothyroidism is that good enough to be able to talk.

And yes I defend fat shaming as we should not thik that being fat is normal or good. The moment we think that we end up with even more fat people. I thought the example I gave was quite clear and taken from real life. If there was a bigger stigma against being fat here we would not end up with 10yo at 90 kg and girls that are 100kg.

We should all just happily accept that fat people have nothing to do with their own problem and its impossible to loose weight.

10 year old with 90 kg......All the fault of the parents.....

10 year old with 90 kg......All the fault of the parents.....

I agree but also the mentality that being overweight is not bad. It kinda depends what people mean by fat shaming.. if it means walking up to a fat person eating at mc donalds and calling him a pig.. then I agree that is not something that should be done. If it means making sure people understand that fat is not a good state for the body to be in and that it needs to be changed then yes.

What's my point, somebody asked?

I already made my point.

Anyway, carry on as before, but please expect that almost nobody of the vast majority dealing with these problems, those who have failed to lose weight or fail to maintain weight loss feels this is a safe enough place to post here.

They already feel crappy about their situation and already self blame.

They are not looking for external morality preaching lectures.

If others don't get this basic stuff, I'm sorry for that, but more sorry for the people I'm sure will never post here because of the moralistic judgmental environment here.

I can tell you the 10 yo boy and the younger sister of the wife don't feel crappy they are perfectly happy being fat and eating 4 plates of food where a normal person eats one. They seem to think that being fat is ok and that is something that is wrong.

Fat shaming does not mean ridiculing people but making sure they understand that being fat is not a healthy thing. Now with more and more people getting fat being fat might become to much accepted and then people don't even want to loose the weight.

He will definitely be hearing the negative social messages later anyway. Statistically, it will be very difficult to ever reverse a major weight problem from childhood (the vast majority of obese children become obese adults). I think we are having a communication problem. Of course families and societies should take action to prevent obesity in children. The question really is what specific actions, which are helpful and which don't do anything or make matters worse. It's a question many countries are looking at and I have said many times before Thailand should be looking at as well ... as they're heading in the same bad direction as Mexico . Personally I think it's bigger than family action ... at the very least super clear food labeling and warnings on things like sugar drinks. Just as a start.

Edited by Jingthing

To expand, if you posted Katie Hopkins in Thai with her obnoxious fat shaming tone and rhetoric to Thai children, it would probably just stress them out and make them want to go out for an extra order of KFC!

Anyway, this is an EXPAT FORUM. We don't attract Thai children looking for weight health advice here, now do we?

Edited by Jingthing

He will definitely be hearing the negative social messages later anyway. Statistically, it will be very difficult to ever reverse a major weight problem from childhood (the vast majority of obese children become obese adults). I think we are having a communication problem. Of course families and societies should take action to prevent obesity in children. The question really is what specific actions, which are helpful and which don't do anything or make matters worse. It's a question many countries are looking at and I have said many times before Thailand should be looking at as well ... as they're heading in the same bad direction as Mexico . Personally I think it's bigger than family action ... at the very least super clear food labeling and warnings on things like sugar drinks. Just as a start.

yes super clear food labeling and warnings on things like sugar drinks would help.

food label per "serving size" in % of the recommended intake is something I can't calculate back into percent protein or carb anymore staying in the supermarket without calculator.

There are a lot young thai girls that are relative fat (not 10 year old and 90 kg, but still way too fat), that gets than super slim. They use whatever it takes (often unhealthy diet pills, yaba, etc). And stay for at least a couple of years slim, don't know for afterwards.

But the social pressure to be beautiful works. (I am NOT saying that is good, I am just stating the facts).

yes super clear food labeling and warnings on things like sugar drinks would help.

food label per "serving size" in % of the recommended intake is something I can't calculate back into percent protein or carb anymore staying in the supermarket without calculator.

There are a lot young thai girls that are relative fat (not 10 year old and 90 kg, but still way too fat), that gets than super slim. They use whatever it takes (often unhealthy diet pills, yaba, etc). And stay for at least a couple of years slim, don't know for afterwards.

But the social pressure to be beautiful works. (I am NOT saying that is good, I am just stating the facts).

Works to kill them. Great! It would be better in such cases for them to stay overweight. Duh.

Just a quick update on my situation with my 16 year old daughter, I have bought her a treadmill and it came yesterday she was really happy. She said now instead of just sitting watching TV she can walk and jog whilst watching it! But at least it's a start she is also trying with her food intake and counting the calories and watching how much sugar is in various things, she is amazed by what she was eating on a daily basis calorie wise.

• Like 2