Katie Hopkins

h90

A treadmill is great for aerobics but ideally you'd want to get some strength muscle stuff in as well, such as with a rower or elliptical. But you got the treadmill already. If she is OK with calorie counting that's great especially in a learning curve phase but in the long run it's ideal to focus more (less like work all the time) on learning general stuff about which foods are health promoting (such as fresh vegetables and fish) and which ruin chances of weight loss (fried foods, too much rice and pasta, etc.). Anyway, good news and good luck.

Edited by Jingthing

A treadmill is great for aerobics but ideally you'd want to get some strength muscle stuff in as well, such as with a rower or elliptical. But you got the treadmill already. If she is OK with calorie counting that's great especially in a learning curve phase but in the long run it's ideal to focus more (less like work all the time) on learning general stuff about which foods are health promoting (such as fresh vegetables and fish) and which ruin chances of weight loss (fried foods, too much rice and pasta, etc.). Anyway, good news and good luck.

disagree with the fried food. Fried but without carbs work. Fully agree that she must learn about what food is good and what to avoid. If she makes the mistake and eat sweet things and rice, just trying to eat less it is extreme hard.

Treadmill if she like it when watching TV, than it is perfect. Doing 1 hour on the rower if it is boring is the longest hour ever, very difficult to do it daily if it is boring, you need to eat one book from Nitzsche for breakfast to get that will power.

I think it is more important to have any exercise that you like (and do it without cutting it short) than not doing the perfect exercise....

Treadmill is surely good for burning fat.

He will definitely be hearing the negative social messages later anyway. Statistically, it will be very difficult to ever reverse a major weight problem from childhood (the vast majority of obese children become obese adults). I think we are having a communication problem. Of course families and societies should take action to prevent obesity in children. The question really is what specific actions, which are helpful and which don't do anything or make matters worse. It's a question many countries are looking at and I have said many times before Thailand should be looking at as well ... as they're heading in the same bad direction as Mexico . Personally I think it's bigger than family action ... at the very least super clear food labeling and warnings on things like sugar drinks. Just as a start.

yes super clear food labeling and warnings on things like sugar drinks would help.

food label per "serving size" in % of the recommended intake is something I can't calculate back into percent protein or carb anymore staying in the supermarket without calculator.

There are a lot young thai girls that are relative fat (not 10 year old and 90 kg, but still way too fat), that gets than super slim. They use whatever it takes (often unhealthy diet pills, yaba, etc). And stay for at least a couple of years slim, don't know for afterwards.

But the social pressure to be beautiful works. (I am NOT saying that is good, I am just stating the facts).

Works to kill them. Great! It would be better in such cases for them to stay overweight. Duh.

Well non dead, but one of the office girls needed the hospital several time.....I don't get, they can exchange informations about tablets that are harmful, but they can't exchange informations on which food to avoid. Eating diet pills but also drinking that ice coffee that most probably contains more sugar than coke + a lot fat (that condensed "milk" that is in fact palm oil + non fat milk powder) doesn't make sense to me.

Let's take fish for example.

Cooked in a healthy way ... poached, steamed, grilled etc. it is highly nutritious.

Deep fry it and you harm the NUTRITIONAL value (and more calories as well).

People trying to limit calories need to focus on getting good nutrition even more than normal.

French fries/chips, to people to trying to lose weight or maintain weight loss would be on any rational list as:
AVOID ENTIRELY

AVOID ALMOST ALWAYS

For people who have never had a weight problem and know they probably won't, you could rationally say occasionally is OK.

Deep fried foods are objectively unhealthy. Stir fried is different.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

unhealthy? If you eat too much of it maybe. Almost everything is unhealthy if you eat too much of it.

I wouldn't see it that critical.

unhealthy? If you eat too much of it maybe. Almost everything is unhealthy if you eat too much of it.

This is a forum for people with weight issues. Deep fried foods are generally on AVOID lists for such people.

Let's take fish for example.

Cooked in a healthy way ... poached, steamed, grilled etc. it is highly nutritious.

Deep fry it and you harm the NUTRITIONAL value (and more calories as well).

People trying to limit calories need to focus on getting good nutrition even more than normal.

French fries/chips, to people to trying to lose weight or maintain weight loss would be on any rational list as:

AVOID ENTIRELY

AVOID ALMOST ALWAYS

For people who have never had a weight problem and know they probably won't, you could rationally say occasionally is OK.

What nutritional value do I harm when I fry some pork or chicken?

This is a forum for people with weight issues. Deep fried foods are generally on AVOID lists for such people.

Not it is not.....I lost more than 20 kg and had no problems with deep fried food. Cut out carbs is good enough, fat is a small issue.

Not it is not.....I lost more than 20 kg and had no problems with deep fried food. Cut out carbs is good enough, fat is a small issue.

Some fad diet I suppose. Sorry but on any MAINSTREAM list of foods to avoid for people with weight control issues, you will find DEEP FRIED FOODS. Obviously some people can get away with eating them occasionally.

You certainly add unnecessary extra calories.This forum is for people with weight control issues.

Every calories are unnecessary if you are on diet. But fat isn't the big enemy. Of course if you want to reduce fat really fast you cut the carbs and the fat and it almost only protein, but that isn't for everyone and only for a limited time like a couple of month.

You certainly add unnecessary extra calories.This forum is for people with weight control issues.

Every calories are unnecessary if you are on diet. But fat isn't the big enemy. Of course if you want to reduce fat really fast you cut the carbs and the fat and it almost only protein, but that isn't for everyone and only for a limited time like a couple of month.

Of course there are good fats.

Deep fried foods are on mainstream TO AVOID lists for people with weight control issues.

HEALTHY FATS are not.

The very concept of "temporary diets" is flawed.

People with weight control issues are best served by learning new sustainable healthy ways to eat for life.

Such ways generally either eliminate or greatly restrict DEEP FRIED FOODS.

Edited by Jingthing

Some fad diet I suppose. Sorry but on any MAINSTREAM list of foods to avoid for people with weight control issues, you will find DEEP FRIED FOODS. Obviously some people can get away with eating them occasionally.

It is you who tell day and night that most people with mainstream diet fail......the mainstream food pyramid with eating mostly carbohydrates and little fat and meat is proofed as not working for most people...but well it is mainstream....

Don't play such stupid games. I do not favor "going on a diet" of any kind. I favor changing eating patterns FOR LIFE.

What you favor isn't necessarily what other people favor. And if you call it a change of eating patterns or being infinity on diet is pure semantic.

And there is nothing that makes fried food any worse than other fat food like milk, cheese.

Don't play such stupid games. I do not favor "going on a diet" of any kind. I favor changing eating patterns FOR LIFE.

What you favor isn't necessarily what other people favor. And if you call it a change of eating patterns or being infinity on diet is pure semantic.

And there is nothing that makes fried food any worse than other fat food like milk, cheese.

No but JT has a point its more calorie dense. Though there are other calorie dense foods like nuts that are good for you. So how calorie dense something is does not make it bad. However when I try to loose weight the first thing I cut out was fried food. That is why i got a contact grill and an airfryer.

However if you like them too much.. then leave them in and cut calories somewhere else. There is no one food program fits all. People are having great results on Paleo and on intermittent fasting ect ect. They are all sustainable for a long time

Yes, regularly eating moderate amounts of NUTS is indeed associated with lower rates of obesity. You can't say the same about deep fried foods.

You posted it yourself.. moderate I guess same goes for deep fried food (moderate). You won't find it in my diet as i prefer to use the extra calories an other way. Plus when eating out and you eat deep fried food you have no idea about the oils used. At home you might be able to fry food relatively ok. But its still more caloric as non deep fried.

I wonder if there is a communication error here as deep friend and just baking are might be mixed up by non native English speakers. I can't imagine H90 deep frying all his pork. But i can imagine him using some oil and baking it.

Yes, regularly eating moderate amounts of NUTS is indeed associated with lower rates of obesity. You can't say the same about deep fried foods.

You posted it yourself.. moderate I guess same goes for deep fried food (moderate). You won't find it in my diet as i prefer to use the extra calories an other way. Plus when eating out and you eat deep fried food you have no idea about the oils used. At home you might be able to fry food relatively ok. But its still more caloric as non deep fried.

I wonder if there is a communication error here as deep friend and just baking are might be mixed up by non native English speakers. I can't imagine H90 deep frying all his pork. But i can imagine him using some oil and baking it.

I use very little oil and fat. But I lost a lot weight by only eating Pizza, Burrito (spelling?) and beer. It is the quantity. I just ate once a day. You can loose weight by just eating one burger with coke per day. It is the quantity. Carbs make you more hungry so they should be avoided. But fat doesn't make you hungry so no problem on deep fried.

I use very little oil and fat. But I lost a lot weight by only eating Pizza, Burrito (spelling?) and beer. It is the quantity. I just ate once a day. You can loose weight by just eating one burger with coke per day. It is the quantity. Carbs make you more hungry so they should be avoided. But fat doesn't make you hungry so no problem on deep fried.

Deep fried.. as in dropping a piece of meat or chicken into a tub of boiling oil ?

Your examples are true you can loose weight on crap food, healthy is an other thing.

Deep fried.. as in dropping a piece of meat or chicken into a tub of boiling oil ?

Your examples are true you can loose weight on crap food, healthy is an other thing.

I don't believe that Paleo diet is unhealthy and deep fried would fit perfect into it. Of course not into the extreme, every dish deep fried, but sometimes no problem. If you eat some fat pork, or some less fat meat deep fried in lard is exactly the same. No problem if you keep away the potato salad or the rice.

Not my thing because the only way I get enough protein is to cut most of the carbs and fat as my body needs so little food now and if I can eat more I would rather drink some wine or beer instead of deep fried food. But nothing wrong with deep fried.

I wouldn't want to demonize any food or cooking method. As a first point of call it is surely about how much you eat and how often.

Perhaps deep fried is really tasty. In this case I would feel compelled to eat and eat and eat.

Indeed some foods are very moreish. For me it is chocolate, biccies, cakes.

I wouldn't want to demonize any food or cooking method. As a first point of call it is surely about how much you eat and how often.

Perhaps deep fried is really tasty. In this case I would feel compelled to eat and eat and eat.

Indeed some foods are very moreish. For me it is chocolate, biccies, cakes.

How often is a good point. When I ate just once a day, including some beer, I nicely lost weight and felt relative satisfied. After 24 hours without food it doesn't need so much to fill you up.

Yes tasty is also a reason. When I ate only "fried" (heated in the teflon pan without oil) chicken and salad, I got so bored of it, that I skipped meals or just ate half of them. Which wouldn't happen with some nice deep fried + potatoes or rice.

Health promoting foods are best, whether trying to lose weight or maintain weight.

Nuts are a health promoting food so you can and probably SHOULD eat some daily.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/01/09/us-eating-tree-nuts-obesity-risk-idUSBREA081KS20140109

Deep fried foods are not so you probably should either avoid them entirely or limit them severely if trying to lose weight, with less restrictions needed if you don't have a weight problem:

As long as your overall diet is low in fat, saturated fat and trans fat, you can eat deep-fried food in once in a while. Eat just a small amount of deep-fried food, and pair it with healthy foods, such as fruits and vegetables, that are low in calories. In a healthy diet, all foods are OK in moderation.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/414700-are-deep-fried-foods-harmful-to-the-health/

It's no secret why Americans of the DEEP SOUTH are so fat, they tend to eat lots of sugar AND deep fried foods daily.

That is objective information available to anyone.

Again, does this h character even know what DEEP FRIED foods are?

This discussion has become too bizarre even for me.
I will now exit this thread which was supposedly about the creepy lady fat shamer anyway.

Edited by Jingthing

Health promoting foods are best, whether trying to lose weight or maintain weight.

Nuts are a health promoting food so you can and probably SHOULD eat some daily.

Deep fried foods are not so you probably should either avoid them entirely or limit them severely.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/414700-are-deep-fried-foods-harmful-to-the-health/

It's no secret why Americans of the DEEP SOUTH are so fat, they tend to eat lots of sugar AND deep fried foods daily.

That is objective information available to anyone.

Again, does this h character even know what DEEP FRIED foods are?

This discussion has become too bizarre even for me.

I will now exit this thread which was supposedly about the creepy lady fat shamer anyway.

Twist the story here, twist the story there: "It's no secret why Americans of the DEEP SOUTH are so fat, they tend to eat lots of sugar AND deep fried foods daily."

Instead of saying that you are wrong.

So you think the "Deep South Americans" would be slimmer if they eat lots of sugar and lots of burgers.

Fat isn't your enemy. It is the sugar and even more the combination of sugar and fat. You can even use healthy oils for deep fry. A bit difficult temperature wise but it is possible.

Sorry, h90, I think it's best if I put you on ignore. I think there is no value in further engagement between us on the forum. Best of luck and happy trails.

yes that would be nice, please put me on ignore than posting some nonsense with the only purpose to oppose me.