Promenada - The Beginning of The End?

JLT

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, the toilet situations is very bad at KSK. Actually, I'm rarely there long enough that the need arises and when it does it's to up the the second floor of Central Dept store to the best toilets in the place, back behind their little auto parts and tool dept. Kind of a long trip when I'm shopping at Tops!

Oh, the toilet situations is very bad at KSK. Actually, I'm rarely there long enough that the need arises and when it does it's to up the the second floor of Central Dept store to the best toilets in the place, back behind their little auto parts and tool dept. Kind of a long trip when I'm shopping at Tops!

This. The toilets in department stores are always much better and cleaner than those in shopping malls, and most if not all department stores have toilets

Is that 2nd floor western or 2nd floor Thai?

I usually use the one at the back of the lingerie department.

It's crazy that there isn't one by the fast food places/ food court in the basement.

It's crazy that there isn't one by the fast food places/ food court in the basement.

There is one there. Walk past Subway (keeping it on the right), continue forward, just before the door that goes outside, look to the left.

Subject, Page 1: "Promenada - The beginning of the end?"

Page 13 - talking about the toilets in the ladies lingerie department at Kad San Kueaw!

Thai Visa posters, ya gotta love 'em!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

There is one there. Walk past Subway (keeping it on the right), continue forward, just before the door that goes outside, look to the left.

Been there more than 10 years, a big one too.

Page 13 - talking about the toilets in the ladies lingerie department at Kad San Kueaw!

Without guidance the children will wander off....

Must be time for the the topic to morph into a burger or pizza thread ;)

Must be time for the the topic to morph into a burger or pizza thread wink.png

You can get a good burger and good Pizza at the Dukes in Promenada.wai.gif

No need to thank me for the information.tongue.png

I worry about Promenada as it's my favorite destination. Mainly because the lack of crowds and the great theater experience. Uni qlo is supposedly being replaced by a discount clothing store (I thought uni qlo's selection was fine, along the lines of a "Gap") but worry that it will never happen. The Mexican joint that is opening soon seems to be forever delayed.

Just a shame because for me Promenada is the perfect shopping center, one that nobody goes to!

bb

Now the 2nd floor food court is gone, as are most of the shops and restaurants nearby it. Section by section it seems to be winding down.

Has anyone noticed the Halloween and Xmas displays are STILL up? Do they just not care?

Maybe we could just do away with specific topics and titles because all discussions are always fairly general about one of the following topics. Could just pre-create 10 topics for that and pin them. Much easier.

1. Thread one: Burgers, Pizza, Burritos, Full English breakfasts and other food that I can eat.

2. Thread two: Shopping, Malls and rampant consumerism.

3. Thread three: Nightlife, and why it sucks.

4. Thread four: Where do I find this obscure product X that's readily available in my home country. Also, tell me where I should live.

5. Thread five: Let me rant on what just happened to me! (Because that's clearly better than just talking with the person or shop involved.)

6. Thread six: Traffic, city development, and why it's all going to heck.

7: Thread seven: Tourism, and how the only tourists who matter are from countries similar to mine.

8 Thread eight: Seasonal whines: Hot, cold, wet, Gonzo's River Watch, smog, songkran: whine about it here.

9 Thread nine: Other whines: prices going up, my internet sucks, police, "why do Thais ...", Truevision re-arranged my channels, the sun persisting to set in the West, etc.

10 Thread ten: Government stuff. Tell me how to get a driver's license, 90 day extension, yellow book, blue book, pink book with polkadots, etc.

Then most current events, crime and stuff would be in the News & Events sub forum.

And for anything else people could start a topic, but I bet that wouldn't be too many.

Maybe we could just do away with specific topics and titles because all discussions are always fairly general about one of the following topics. Could just pre-create 10 topics for that and pin them. Much easier.

1. Thread one: Burgers, Pizza, Burritos, Full English breakfasts and other food that I can eat.

4. Thread four: Where do I find this obscure product X that's readily available in my home country. Also, tell me where I should live.

5. Thread five: Let me rant on what just happened to me! (Because that's clearly better than just talking with the person or shop involved.)

7: Thread seven: Tourism, and how the only tourists who matter are from countries similar to mine.

8 Thread eight: Seasonal whines: Hot, cold, wet, Gonzo's River Watch, smog, songkran: whine about it here.

9 Thread nine: Other whines: prices going up, my internet sucks, police, "why do Thais ...", Truevision re-arranged my channels, the sun persisting to set in the West, etc.

10 Thread ten: Government stuff. Tell me how to get a driver's license, 90 day extension, yellow book, blue book, pink book with polkadots, etc.

Then most current events, crime and stuff would be in the News & Events sub forum.

And for anything else people could start a topic, but I bet that wouldn't be too many.

Then there would be nothing whatsoever to post about...

Then there would be nothing whatsoever to post about...

Amen brother! Other regions of TV are not like CM'S however==just a bunch of helpless whiners You're right where do i get toothpaste I can get it anyplace in Miami

Why Not ????? Sh*t Happens............... no matter where you are

So my wife was at Prom today and saw builders working on fitting out a shop on the ground floor.

She asks them what shop is coming. The builder said Immigration. She asks is it immigration for Myanmar (like the one over the road) or farangs, builder says farang.

It's the shop that used to have the FX Dance club signs up for over 1 year, which is a decent size.

This would be pretty great if true, although we will have to wait and see if they can do important stuff like extensions.

So my wife was at Prom today and saw builders working on fitting out a shop on the ground floor.

She asks them what shop is coming. The builder said Immigration. She asks is it immigration for Myanmar (like the one over the road) or farangs, builder says farang.

It's the shop that used to have the FX Dance club signs up for over 1 year, which is a decent size.

This would be pretty great if true, although we will have to wait and see if they can do important stuff like extensions.

Oh lordy please say it ain't so facepalm.gif

I like Promenada

Oh lordy please say it ain't so facepalm.gif

I like Promenada

If its true then that is the beginning of the endgiggle.gif

Well they already have a circus tent kinda canopy between the two buildings...why not bring in the circus?

T

Now that would be a great move for immigration which is currently housed in a facility far too small for its needs. Just having adequate parking for those of us who visit immigration from outside the city would be a major improvement. And it would also be good for the owners of the mall to have a large captive audience every day waiting for over an hour to have their visas processed. Just think about it, go get your visa renewed, go see a movie and pick up passport with new visa after the movie, or just be able to sit and have a meal while renewal is being processed. Crikey, the owners of The Prom should be willing to lease out the storefront for free and still come out ahead assuming they get a cut of sales in their leases.

Now that would be a great move for immigration which is currently housed in a facility far too small for its needs. Just having adequate parking for those of us who visit immigration from outside the city would be a major improvement. And it would also be good for the owners of the mall to have a large captive audience every day waiting for over an hour to have their visas processed. Just think about it, go get your visa renewed, go see a movie and pick up passport with new visa after the movie, or just be able to sit and have a meal while renewal is being processed. Crikey, the owners of The Prom should be willing to lease out the storefront for free and still come out ahead assuming they get a cut of sales in their leases.

Well you make it sound good but unless Bangkok hires more staff all you will be getting is a bigger area to sit around in and better parking. I would imagine when they are done processing it they will want to give it to you rather than wait for the movie to get out. Also the 90 day reports you run the risk of losing your spot in the line what with the newer system. You might be off shopping or grabbing a bite when your number comes up.

On the really positive side it will be cooler. Let us just hope that Bangkok also increases the man power.They have already authorized 15 more staff members but Chiang Mai is not allowed to do the hiring. Bangkok will do the hiring. So far in the last year they have done nothing in that respect.

I think the progect woul;d be Dukes approved.whistling.gif

Well you make it sound good but unless Bangkok hires more staff all you will be getting is a bigger area to sit around in and better parking. I would imagine when they are done processing it they will want to give it to you rather than wait for the movie to get out. Also the 90 day reports you run the risk of losing your spot in the line what with the newer system. You might be off shopping or grabbing a bite when your number comes up.

They could put the number display on the internet, that would allow remote monitoring, notification when your number is close, and even the ability to gather statistics to estimate wait time.

As I will probably go to CM immigrations many times in the future, I will gladly donate my time and skills on making such project a reality.

On the really positive side it will be cooler. Let us just hope that Bangkok also increases the man power.They have already authorized 15 more staff members but Chiang Mai is not allowed to do the hiring. Bangkok will do the hiring. So far in the last year they have done nothing in that respect.

I think the progect woul;d be Dukes approved.whistling.gif

Bigger area to sit around and better parking sound good to me!

And yeah Dukes would do a killing at lunch. Actually a lot of businesses would benefit. The coffee shops, massage, food court...

Immigration could be the 2nd busiest tenant (behind Rimping I assume)

They could put the number display on the internet, that would allow remote monitoring, notification when your number is close, and even the ability to gather statistics to estimate wait time.

As I will probably go to CM immigrations many times in the future, I will gladly donate my time and skills on making such project a reality.

Sounds good to me. I believe you would have to do most of the planning for the project. It would be a massive thing to get it through out the Mall. Being tech challenged I would not even know where to begin. How ever if you are tech savvy and willing I bet they would at least talk with you about it. Goes with out saying they would want a work permit.

Edit

I just thought about it and I bet you would have volunteers to help you.

Prices like DUkes? I don't get that one

Must be great being so affluent that you don't get it. A meal there can cost as much as a rice farm worker's monthly wage.

In recent years I have kind of lost my taste for large western meals

so cannot really comment on Dukes meals prices but............

I will say I do still need a burger once a month or so & the burger at Dukes is not only quite good

& consistent but priced lower than a dbl cheeseburger set at Mcdonalds

That is saying something considering the two meals. I don't know about rice farmers but at both Dukes & McDee's I always see many Thai

customers at prime times

I always see many Thai customers at prime times

??? Plenty of very wealthy Thais around, but I guarantee you won't see any rice farm workers eating at Dukes, though their children might be serving you.

My father in law is a rice farmer and he eats at Dukes once a month, has been doing that since it opened. His rice field is not far away.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/823863-second-rice-crop-planting-ban-takes-toll-on-farmers/page-4#entry9390534

I guess the Duke days are over for him then.

Archived