England.

redrus

Considering Capello has had only two full days to work with the egos,I thought it was a decent enough start.Joe Cole and David Bentley were very good,Rooney performed adequately(hes only got to fart and the numbnuts in the crowd chant "Rooney,Rooney")and Gerrard was fair.As far as the technical ability of the players is concerned,this is not Capellos fault but the deep rooted failings of the English football coaching system in general,highlighted by the recent Futsal World Championship.We have the best League competition in the World,not BECAUSE of English players but DESPITE of them.Lets not forget that England is NOT a world force in football.We haven't qualified for Euro 2008 and haven't won anything since 1966,so Capello's got a monumental task on his hands to achieve anything in the next World Cup,although, yet AGAIN,we've drawn a soft group.Keep your expectations to what they should be,below average,then look for improvement from there.The one thing I'm sure of is that we've got a terrific manager at the helm.

Our man Masefield was at it again.

BEFORE the game;John Dykes;"Well Mase,what happens if Capello doesn't get a result tonight?"

Masefield;"Catastrophic,the whole nation will be against him."(not really,50% of the nation couldn't give a monkeys about football).

AFTER the game;John Dykes;"Well Mase,what's your verdict?"

Masefield;"Well,you must give him time for things to bed in!He's got a system and the players need to bed into it!"

It's just typical of these lazy minded comments that we get from these T.V. commentators that irritate me.They should replay some of the verbal diarroeha he spouts a dozen times like they do referees decisions and see how he likes it.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BEFORE the game;John Dykes;"Well Mase,what happens if Capello doesn't get a result tonight?"

Masefield;"Catastrophic,the whole nation will be against him."(not really,50% of the nation couldn't give a monkeys about football).

Masefield;"Well,you must give him time for things to bed in!He's got a system and the players need to bed into it!"

It's just typical of these lazy minded comments that we get from these T.V. commentators that irritate me.They should replay some of the verbal diarroeha he spouts a dozen times like they do referees decisions and see how he likes it.

You have to feel a bit sorry for Mase oldgit , its not his fault he's a tosser :o ( apparantley he's a nice enough bloke off screen ).

Yes it was boring but he's a results kind of man. We all knew it was never going to be exciting football but the main thing is he got a win on his first outing and has now had time to look at the players. Give him a chance boys.

I thought England grew in confidence as the game wore on.

It was exciting enough.

Bentley, Jenas, and Upson gave good performances. Gerrard gave a captain's performance in second half. J. Cole is world class.

James comes in for a lot of stick, but basically he's an experienced, good enough International GK, and tends to make the saves that count. He saved one early on that would have let the Swiss guys know that it was not going to be a push over.

England are a good side, guess we really hit a low in the Euros, beggars belief really.

You have to feel a bit sorry for Mase oldgit , its not his fault he's a tosser :D ( apparantley he's a nice enough bloke off screen ).

When the realisation took place that Shevchenko"wasn't scoring goals for fun",Scouse,I heard one of the studio judges say "he's not scoring goals but he's such a nice bloke!"He's pulling down 120,000 grand a week for being a 'nice bloke' while not doing his job-great!Same goes to a lesser extent for Mr.Masefield. :o

[You have to feel a bit sorry for Mase oldgit , its not his fault he's a tosser :D ( apparantley he's a nice enough bloke off screen ).

So was General Pinochet according to Maggie. :o

Let's face it, Mase is a prime example of a poor sports presenter, who spends most of his time brown osing Macca. I was never a big fan of Shebby or Jamie Reeves, but at least that have a bit more originality about there thoughts, even if they are not always the most sensible.