Non B extension have WP, they want a residence rental contract?

Stopped by immigration today in Mae Sai, as I just got paperwork from my landlord and wanted to be sure it was in order before I return for my non B extension request. I had signed copies of my landlords ID, his book house, the book house where I'm renting, and an immigration form with his particulars and a small mention of the property I'm renting.

The officer said I'd also need a rental contract, is this really necessary?

I've lived there for a year already and although I dont have plans to move, I don't want to feel like I'm obligated to stay there as it is a month to month rental. I'd submit and sign the contract if I could notarize that its not legally binding on my staying at this residence.

Comments and such please.

Was not aware that an extension of stay based on employment required proof of residence, I have never had to provide one.

=================

Not normally required, may be a local thing at that immigration office.

All I can do is to repeat that...............

every immigration reserves the right to see "further documentation" at their request in each case.

• Like 1

In Phuket you most have copy of : Rent Contract, copy of Id Card of Land Lord, copy of house book, picture of the front of the house + picture of the house Nr, and create one hand drawing over the streets you live thats it`s :) (Phuket)

Was not aware that an extension of stay based on employment required proof of residence, I have never had to provide one.

Neither have I.

The only thing I've ever provided was my address that I wrote myself or a photocopy of the back of my driver's licence, which shows my address. Chachoengsao immigration accepted that once too.

In Phuket you most have copy of : Rent Contract, copy of Id Card of Land Lord, copy of house book, picture of the front of the house + picture of the house Nr, and create one hand drawing over the streets you live thats it`s smile.png (Phuket)

That's it?! That's a lot of unnecessary work.