short term parking for arrivals

madmonk888

I didn't notice this topic before, I hope you got on ok.

I've driven to DMK a couple of times to pick up an arriving passenger, and found that the parking is a shambolic nightmare. As you come in off the road, there seems to be one park alongside the only terminal that's in use, but when I was there it was choc-a-bloc. The main multi-storey park (I don't know whether it's supposed to be short- or long-term) is further on towards the exit, past the terminal which has been gutted and will presumably be refurbished some day, and therefore a 500metre+ hike back to departures/arrivals. Inside the multi-storey most levels are jam-packed with cars, not only parked in the bays but across the ends of the bays, sometimes on both sides of the track. The last time I went there the only free spaces were on the roof. To get down from there to the exit-barrier behind queues of cars manoeuvering in and out of the bays on the floors below took more than 20 minutes.

It's not an experience I'm keen to repeat. Perhaps the trick is to find somewhere off the airport where you can park up and wait for your passenger's phone call to go and pick up from the arrivals door, but if anyone has any better ideas I'd be glad to have them.

• 2 months later...

I didn't notice this topic before, I hope you got on ok.

I've driven to DMK a couple of times to pick up an arriving passenger, and found that the parking is a shambolic nightmare. As you come in off the road, there seems to be one park alongside the only terminal that's in use, but when I was there it was choc-a-bloc. The main multi-storey park (I don't know whether it's supposed to be short- or long-term) is further on towards the exit, past the terminal which has been gutted and will presumably be refurbished some day, and therefore a 500metre+ hike back to departures/arrivals. Inside the multi-storey most levels are jam-packed with cars, not only parked in the bays but across the ends of the bays, sometimes on both sides of the track. The last time I went there the only free spaces were on the roof. To get down from there to the exit-barrier behind queues of cars manoeuvering in and out of the bays on the floors below took more than 20 minutes.

It's not an experience I'm keen to repeat. Perhaps the trick is to find somewhere off the airport where you can park up and wait for your passenger's phone call to go and pick up from the arrivals door, but if anyone has any better ideas I'd be glad to have them.

I agree with you. I went there yesterday - without the GPS I would not have got there. There were no signposts to say where it was untill the last kilometer. I parked on the roof- the car park was jammed full with the usual triple car parking. The automatic pay machine at the exit was inop so there were signs in Thai saying pay at the office before going to the exit. Many cars did not so could not exit at the gate and had to repark causing a humungus jam. Picked up one adult and two children and trekked to the car park in a pleasant 39 degrees. It was a nightmare.

To add to my post above - we dropped relatives at the airport today. The 'nightmare car park ' I mentioned in my post above was either full or closed. There was no parking available at all. I had to drive around untill my wife was ready to be picked up again. It would be impossible to park your car while you flew somewhere for a few days. There is NO PARKING.! How can an airport have no car parking facilities'?

• 1 month later...

Oh Sh**!

I have just started to look for parking here for 3 days next month. I usually fly from Suvarnabhumi to Cambodia but Bangkok Airways wanted a ridiculous price this time so Air Asia it is.

If anybody has any further info please comment. If I find out anything I will update.

I really don't fancy going back to the nightmare taxi mafia and the endless queues at DMK.......

If you can I suggest you get a friend to drop you off -and on return tell them when you are at arrivals. They should park somewhere nearby awaiting your call. If that is not possible I wish you good luck .

• 5 months later...

Archived