What are your healthy foods for weight control issues and health in general?

Jingthing

I have started my juicing again (not steroids.. fruit juice). I have done it before but then I aimed for perfection (every day a new batch). This became too much of a drag and I stopped. I realized that its better to aim a bit lower as once every 2 days a fresh batch and storing one batch for a day would be good too. This is worse as every fresh but better as skipping it. I am not so sure that vitamins from tablets are as good as the real thing.

This brings us to a point that its better to change your diet to something you can accept and not be perfect then to go for perfection and give up fast. Same goes for exercise of course.

Edited by robblok
  • Like 2

Something I do for a kick daily for years now:

tablespoon of unsweetened Hershey's cocoa powder (flavanoids)

lots of CINNAMON (supposed to good for regulating blood sugar)

a tiny bit of honey

Hot water

Edited by Jingthing

a tiny bit of honey

Hot water

i see Lindt selling 99% cacoa , i tried it and its hard core but with a black coffee not bad , the 87% they make is better ..try it ...drop the honey & cinnamon together defeats the purpose ..you dont need the honey ...

I have started my juicing again (not steroids.. fruit juice). I have done it before but then I aimed for perfection (every day a new batch). This became too much of a drag and I stopped. I realized that its better to aim a bit lower as once every 2 days a fresh batch and storing one batch for a day would be good too. This is worse as every fresh but better as skipping it. I am not so sure that vitamins from tablets are as good as the real thing.

This brings us to a point that its better to change your diet to something you can accept and not be perfect then to go for perfection and give up fast. Same goes for exercise of course.

80/ 20 mix ?

a tiny bit of honey

Hot water

i see Lindt selling 99% cacoa , i tried it and its hard core but with a black coffee not bad , the 87% they make is better ..try it ...drop the honey & cinnamon together defeats the purpose ..you dont need the honey ...

Just a tiny bit. Don't be so preachy.

The Hershey's product is 100 percent cocoa.

I have read do not buy the "Dutched" powdered cocoa products (sorry Rob) because how they process it destroys the nutrition.

Edited by Jingthing

a tiny bit of honey

Hot water

I have read do not buy the "Dutched" powdered cocoa products (sorry Rob) because how they process it destroys the nutrition.

honey is pure sugar

a tiny bit of honey

Hot water

hmmm Hersheys ..warning warning made in america ? i doubt its 100% .. give me swiss , dutch , belgium anyday

You're wrong. Not Dutch. Dutched. It's a process. Just look it up and you'll see.

Talking about cocoa powder not chocolate. The raw cocoa is all grown in the same nations. Not the USA or Europe.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Jingthing

yes and dutched came from Holland... i will look out for it, as it seems as though the taste may not be as bitter as the100% chocolate i found ... still suspect about any products out of the states ...labels mean nothing ....Hersheys is the biggest choc manuf i believe in the USA correct ?

You still don't get it. Just the powder. For nutrition you really don't want Dutched powder and Hershey's powder is not Dutched. Both are typically used to make hot chocolate drinks.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

You still don't get it. Just the powder. For nutrition you really don't want Dutched powder and Hershey's powder is not Dutched. Both are typically used to make hot chocolate drinks.

Thanks learn something everyday (never knew about the Dutch way and if its bad i avoid it even if invented by my glorious ancestors cheesy.gif

I use it sometimes but not for nutrition but taste, but i doubt the taste will be much different then why would i stick with something that might be inferior. So I know what I will buy next time.

yea i understood ... however i would still not buy an american produced product ...

• Like 1

yea i understood ... however i would still not buy an american produced product ...

In Thailand for cocoa powder Hersheys is the only choice for not Dutched that I've ever seen. You are coming off as irrationally anti-American.

Hey I'm fanatical about some things too. For example I'd rather eat no Mexican food rather than what is sold as Mexican food in Pattaya. But I really think the Hershey 100 percent cocoa powder is a fine product.

OK, about this product:

post-37101-0-75754500-1422378024_thumb.j

100 percent cacao

non-alkalized and unsweetened

gluten-free
kosher
Comes in re-sealable cans to help keep cocoa fresh
Dutched cocoa powder has a smoother taste but between 60 and 90 percent of the antioxidants (flavanols) are destroyed in the Dutching process (depending on degree of Dutching).
A more delicious way to get the health benefits of chocolate is to have a very small portion of high quality VERY DARK chocolate. It will still have a little butter ... but I think for many people that small portion would be OK.
Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Top tip. Use only high quality cooking oils, such as sunflower and rice bran oil. Very low saturated fat content, and tasty too. Very high flash point for cooking means less saturated fat. And both oils are plentiful here, easy to find, and inexpensive. Stay away from soybean and corn oil, like the plague.

Top tip. Use only high quality cooking oils, such as sunflower and rice bran oil. Very low saturated fat content, and tasty too. Very high flash point for cooking means less saturated fat. And both oils are plentiful here, easy to find, and inexpensive. Stay away from soybean and corn oil, like the plague.

Can of worms topic, that one! w00t.gif

http://authoritynutrition.com/healthy-cooking-oils/

Seriously which oils (and other fats) to use really is a can of worms, There is SO MUCH conflicting information and "health news" comes out regularly suggesting what we thought last week was totally wrong. I am totally confused! I really don't know. All I'm pretty sure of is that virgin olive oil is good on salads and transfats are DEFINITELY very bad news. Beyond that ... is there really ANY definitive source that we can believe now that will still be true next year?

Edited by Jingthing

i swear by coconut oil , you can buy it for cooking here in thailand its cheaper than virgin and of course virgin coconut oil has many many uses ... i use them both daily ... or i cook with olive oil or butter ... i take flaxseed oil as a supplement , plus chia seeds whole.

On a weight control point of view:

Fish is made of 20% fat, so not a weight control food. Compared to banana (5% fat) which is a diet food

On a health point of view: Fish is now associated with PCB, brain shrinkage, and diabetes.

My top 3 would be:

1/ WATER Not a food but necessary to balance all foods dehydration factor: drink and drink and drink: Most food are too dense and deprived of moisture, they dehydrate your body like pollution, stress and heat.

2/ Salad: rocket, mache, chicoree, batavia, romaine, these are real gems in term of protection against cancer and heart diseases,diabetes and chronic diseases,they have ZERO fat and will help your body flush toxins.

3/ Watermelons /melons made of 75% of water approximately what the humane body content is. These are your best friends to keep you bowel movement flowing and your body moist. The rest of food dehydrate your body.

Fish is made of 20% fat, so not a weight control food. Compared to banana (5% fat) which is a diet food

On a health point of view: Fish is now associated with PCB, brain shrinkage, and diabetes.

My top 3 would be:

1/ WATER Not a food but necessary to balance all foods dehydration factor: drink and drink and drink: Most food are too dense and deprived of moisture, they dehydrate your body like pollution, stress and heat.

2/ Salad: rocket, mache, chicoree, batavia, romaine, these are real gems in term of protection against cancer and heart diseases,diabetes and chronic diseases,they have ZERO fat and will help your body flush toxins.

3/ Watermelons /melons made of 75% of water approximately what the humane body content is. These are your best friends to keep you bowel movement flowing and your body moist. The rest of food dehydrate your body.

I hope they ban you on the health forum once. I mean quacks are not allowed.

Fish and diabetes, proteins and fat can never cause diabetes but carbs like banana can (at a high enough dose). While fish will never be able to give you diabetes. Could you please post some accurate stuff instead of your tinfoil hat stuff.

• Like 1

My top 3 would be:

1 Often people confuse being thirsty with being hungry, so drinking enough/more than you feel thirsty is a great help.

With the fish, I of course disagree, might be because of my shrunk brain laugh.png But we discussed that often enough.

My top 3 would be:

Fish and diabetes, proteins and fat can never cause diabetes but carbs like banana can (at a high enough dose). While fish will never be able to give you diabetes. Could you please post some accurate stuff instead of your tinfoil hat stuff.

What she means that some pollution/chemicals/heavy metal in the fish can trigger diabetes. That is frequently reported and probable. It is not the fish itself, it is that it swam near the industrial estate.....And on predators it accumulate. You never know the history of a fish (beside the farmed ones).

My top 3 would be:

What she means that some pollution/chemicals/heavy metal in the fish can trigger diabetes. That is frequently reported and probable. It is not the fish itself, it is that it swam near the industrial estate.....And on predators it accumulate. You never know the history of a fish (beside the farmed ones).

Give me some links, as I can't find it love to read it as I do eat my fish (tuna)

Not disputing that there are chemicals as that is a known fact. Disputing the diabetes claim.

Edited by robblok

don't have any, put if you google diabetes heavy metals or diabetes pesticides you find tons of links.

I wouldn't let myself driven crazy by that.....We'll all die that's for sure......

You'll hardly find any food that isn't damaging in some way......humans, rats and cockroaches are pretty resistant to almost everything......

I wouldn't worry about the tuna. But I would worry about some local fishes. I know of hard-chroming shops that put the chrome sulphur acid direct into the canal.....I know almost complete dead beaches near factories or waste water "treatment" facilities, but shells and crabs live and get collected and sold. I would avoid these.....As always: common sense.

don't have any, put if you google diabetes heavy metals or diabetes pesticides you find tons of links.

I wouldn't let myself driven crazy by that.....We'll all die that's for sure......

You'll hardly find any food that isn't damaging in some way......humans, rats and cockroaches are pretty resistant to almost everything......

I wouldn't worry about the tuna. But I would worry about some local fishes. I know of hard-chroming shops that put the chrome sulphur acid direct into the canal.....I know almost complete dead beaches near factories or waste water "treatment" facilities, but shells and crabs live and get collected and sold. I would avoid these.....As always: common sense.

Tuna as a predator will gets it fair share of PCB and stuff, however here in Thailand I fear about my vegetables and fruits too. Maybe more as i fear about my tuna. Seriously I read about the formalhyde being used and stuff. So miss vegetables are the best does expose one health risk and ignores the ones she gets herself.

That does not keep me from juicing vegetables but as you said almost everything has it risks.

Tuna as a predator will gets it fair share of PCB and stuff, however here in Thailand I fear about my vegetables and fruits too. Maybe more as i fear about my tuna. Seriously I read about the formalhyde being used and stuff. So miss vegetables are the best does expose one health risk and ignores the ones she gets herself.

That does not keep me from juicing vegetables but as you said almost everything has it risks.

well vegetables, I ONLY buy royal project or organic and wouldn't even get the idea to buy any food at some market in Bangkok (in the South where we know the seller and know that it is pretty close to organic the case is different).

We once had a staff who was the daughter of an owner of a fruit/vegetable farm. She had some weird skin problems which came from the pesticides she told. And she explained that they never eat their own products, they have a small place where they farm for themself.

I have seen myself a seller spraying the meat up and down with the normal insect spray against the flies (there is one without odor).