Teaching at Montfort College Chiang Mai

Proctor

yes, but 30 years ago, without a degree? It is a global economy isn't it?

My comparative earnings in the same sector were in Thailand so my point was the cost of living has clearly risen by about 60% over the last 15 years but teachers' salaries seem to have decreased over the same period. (Like with like.) This seems to me to be a huge disincentive to do the job for anything more than an "experience-gaining" few months.

But again, don't let me put anybody off.

I am afraid I can't understand your post at all, bangmai. A sub is a sandwich and this thread has nothing to do with working as a bus driver in the US. You have totally lost me. Also I am not in any pain at all so you can't feel it. I have no clue what you are going on about. I have not taught in Thailand for a considerable time.

I simply don't understand why salaries for teachers in Thailand have decreased so dramatically over the last 2 decades. (Not bus drivers in US).

Good night. I'm going out now. wai2.gif

• Haha 1

I am afraid I can't understand your post at all, bangmai. A sub is a sandwich and this thread has nothing to do with working as a bus driver in the US. You have totally lost me. Also I am not in any pain at all so you can't feel it. I have no clue what you are going on about. I have not taught in Thailand for a considerable time.

I simply don't understand why salaries for teachers in Thailand have decreased so dramatically over the last 2 decades. (Not bus drivers in US).

Good night. I'm going out now. wai2.gif

One word... Filipinos!

A link to the Bangkok Post has been removed. They don't allow us to link to them (Their decision not ours), however here is a link to an article about the same incident (17x teachers arrested in Chiang Mai for no work permits):

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/794216-17-foreign-english-teachers-arrested-in-chiang-mai-for-working-illegally/

Also please don't take personal digs at each other, as that'll only result in taking the discussion, off topic :)

This thread doesn't surprise me, sadly. Yes, 30-35 would have been my guess. IF you are bored and have lots of money, I could see doing this part-time. But full-time seems to be rather exhausting for the pay, since you won't save enough to have good opportunities elsewhere. Common sense says, "World economy isn't good, many people unemployed, pay less with endless supply of resumes, and we can demand more because they will be afraid to lose their job." Ah, this is not good.......

Remember, if you have 1 million subscribers on youtube you make about 4.5 million baht a year......hmmmmm

Edited by puukao

• 5 years later...