Defense fund created for migrant workers accused of Koh Tao murders

webfact

What is being done for the families of the deceased (flights,hotels, legal representation) & what reception can an NGO fronted by their fellow countrymen actively assisting the accused expect from them @ court?

The families have a fully paid for prosecution team to assist them. They would be more than welcome in my opinion to reach out to people for assistance for flights. I certainly would support them if they wanted to find out the truth. The family very clearly have said they wish to be left alone to grieve for their children and get on with their lives. I respect that. Asking them to fight for 2 boys who are believed to be innocent, and have their families tragedy relived over and over again would be unbearable. They have said they would like to see a fair trial to bring the true criminals to trial. A fair trial requires fair representation to all concerned. Currently it is very one sided with all the resources in the prosecution hands. This defense fund is an effort to balance the scales a bit. I am sure if these boys are innocent, the families would not want them to spend their lives in jail. The same as in the event it is proven guilty the people who support a fair trial would not want to see them set free. Leave the families to grieve.

Those 'boys' are men in the eyes of the law, furthermore the NGO's unilateral declarations of innocence are out of step with your reply & prejudicial to any trial.

What is being done for the families of the deceased (flights,hotels, legal representation) & what reception can an NGO fronted by their fellow countrymen actively assisting the accused expect from them @ court?

The families have a fully paid for prosecution team to assist them. They would be more than welcome in my opinion to reach out to people for assistance for flights. I certainly would support them if they wanted to find out the truth. The family very clearly have said they wish to be left alone to grieve for their children and get on with their lives. I respect that. Asking them to fight for 2 boys who are believed to be innocent, and have their families tragedy relived over and over again would be unbearable. They have said they would like to see a fair trial to bring the true criminals to trial. A fair trial requires fair representation to all concerned. Currently it is very one sided with all the resources in the prosecution hands. This defense fund is an effort to balance the scales a bit. I am sure if these boys are innocent, the families would not want them to spend their lives in jail. The same as in the event it is proven guilty the people who support a fair trial would not want to see them set free. Leave the families to grieve.

Those 'boys' are men in the eyes of the law, furthermore the NGO's unilateral declarations of innocence are out of step with your reply & prejudicial to any trial.

Please reference where the NGO (I presume you mean the one run by Andy Hall) has declared unilaterally their innocence thereby 'in your view' prejudicing the trial?

Edited by thailandchilli

Please reference where the NGO (I presume you mean the one run by Andy Hall) has declared unilaterally their innocence thereby 'in your view' prejudicing the trial?

"They are not murderers".....?

post-147580-0-03225300-1419067852_thumb.

I'm not sure that would bode well in the west if published prior to a trial held within their jurisdiction.

The families have a fully paid for prosecution team to assist them.

I am not sure that statement is correct.

My understanding is that the police are bringing the prosecution - not the families.

In a case that I am very familiar with from some years ago - a friend was murdered and again, the police brought on the prosecution. Unfortunately the accused was very rich and was rumoured to have paid the police to cause 'inconsistancies' in the evidence. The result was that the trial was stopped because of 'conflicting evidence'.

The police/prosecution did absolutely zip to help my friend's widow and in fact she was later prosecuted for perjury. In due course, she was deemed innocent by the courts thanks to the hard work and bravery of a competent Thai lawyer. (Both the lawyer and I received threats during the trial)

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1

Evadgib #36

"They are not murderers".....?

post-147580-0-03225300-1419067852_thumb.

I'm not sure that would bode well in the west if published prior to a trial held within their jurisdiction.

Possibly but should you not check first who this person is? He's a TV poster, thats all, and not NGO, if you want to verify that go through his previous posts and he states exactly who he is. In addition he has nothing to do with the fund or its administration

Edited by thailandchilli
  • Like 1

I'll be donateing my 10,000 baht next thursday,

as i strongely feel and have from the very start,

that these 2 are not the murderers.

You can debate me until the moon turn's on this,

but it wont ever change my belief.

The post from which I lifted the image made very clear the connection but having made my point i'll leave it at that:)

Anyone can say their belief they are innocent or guilty.

The prosecutor can tell the world they are guilty based on his evidence. The defense can tell the world they innocent based on their evidence. That would not effect the case.

But statements made mistaken to come from brit police talking about strong evidence against the accused. When actually they had not collected any evidence and did not facilitate in the writing of the letter,that would effect a trial. Because people the world over trusted the British police above all others. That trust has been broken now.

I also will leave it at that. ☺

• Like 2

Would someone with the SCB bank details for donation please PM me (per post #5) , since I want to donate in Thai Baht, not US dollars via PayPal as the link from the Coconuts Bangkok article requires

BTW: my donation is not for the accused but a donation against the Thai police

What did they do?

They rode a motorbike?post-213129-0-61162200-1421570542_thumb.

They went to 7/11

post-213129-0-62699500-1421570510_thumb.

They played a guitar on beach.

post-213129-0-01426900-1421570452_thumb.

Because of that evidence,they

Are sat in a cold prison.

Could happen to anyone of us.

post-213129-0-71311100-1421570586_thumb.

If you see this please encourage friends to post on this site.

The defense will need many thousands of baht to find the truth.

Help them.

So how does the public know for sure it wasn't them???

Ok they might have been beaten and confessed but that doesn't mean they did or didn't do it

Seems like everyone thinks they are experts on the case

I don't know if they are innocent as j don't have all the evidence so why would I support a case where I have no clue as to what they have and don't have on them

I support a free trial but that's it

• Like 1

Ok they might have been beaten and confessed but that doesn't mean they did or didn't do it

I don't know if they are innocent as j don't have all the evidence so why would I support a case where I have no clue as to what they have and don't have on them

That's just it. There will not be a free trial if the funding does not provide it.

There are some who think they are guilty. They have contributed so they can see it proven fairly in a court of law.

It really is not about guilt or not guilt. It is about each party being compelled to prove their belief.

That's just it. There will not be a free trial if the funding does not provide it.

There are some who think they are guilty. They have contributed so they can see it proven fairly in a court of law.

It really is not about guilt or not guilt. It is about each party being compelled to prove their belief.

Ok but I don't agree with the British government getting involved which they are not as England should look after their own before aliens

Such as helping that Pakistani school when we have british people stuck out her with 60,000 pound hospital bills