BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
jspill

Ministry of Foreign Affairs proposes Multiple Visa, 1 Year 3000 thb - Sunbelt Asia

I'd be pissed if this came to pass and had bought a TE visa.

Yes, exactly. If you could do back-to-back one-year 3000 baht "multiple visas" then what's the point of the TE? Surely the priority handling at Swampy and limo rides thru Bangkok won't make up the difference.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I would not be holding my breath waiting for it to happen. I have seen nothing in the news about it.

The devil may be in the details. Also what exactly do they mean by multiple entry?

It might mean like a multiple entry business visa , you have to leave every 90 days.

Like ubonjoe said, I wouldn't be holding my breath...too many details missing...the devil is in the details.

• Like 1

There's a couple from Denmark staying for part of the winter in the house next door to me. They came for 3 months to escape the cold back home. They've been coming here every year for about 10 years now.

Why three months ? Because that's the limit without needing to do unnecessary and perhaps costly travel on visa runs to other countries. So it's simple, they come for three months then go back home.

These people are here only to escape the winter so a 6 months visa would suit them perfectly and who knows, maybe next year they will stay for 4 months or even a little longer.

The retirement extension is designed with them in mind. Easy and cheap to obtain; the total cost per year (excluding any fee their consulate may make for confirmation of income) should not exceed 3000B, including one re-entry permit.

Maybe you should suggest it to them?

• Like 1

I'd be pissed if this came to pass and had bought a TE visa.

Yes, exactly. If you could do back-to-back one-year 3000 baht "multiple visas" then what's the point of the TE? Surely the priority handling at Swampy and limo rides thru Bangkok won't make up the difference.

I can see no way you could compare the two.

Saying it is a multiple entry visa would mean doing border runs every 90 or 60 days.

A PE visa gives a one year entry.

• Like 1

As usual, there is only the 'good' news; what's not there are possible requirements e.g. medical insurance, financial requirements or maybe it is even only for foreign-property-owners........let's just wait.

• Like 1

i have many under 50 friends who are spending money in other asian countries this year who will be happy if this happens

assuming they don't fall in love in/with their current abodes wai2.gif

• Like 2

whistling.gif That sounds nice, and I would hope it is true.

But, like many things, I'll wait to start celebrating until actually see it happen.

• Like 1