Frustrated Phuket beach guard lashes out at Russian tourist

webfact

Or you can simply stop writing nonsense. Which would of course be 'stop writing'.

Why is it nonsense, you are uninformed and insulted a poster who stated facts. What you're trying to say to me is stop writing because you've got me over a barrel and I have no way out other than reply with pathetic come backs....as I said an apology to said poster would be nice but nah you won't do that will you.......

Don't make me stop this car, boys.

• Like 1

Or you can simply stop writing nonsense. Which would of course be 'stop writing'.

Why is it nonsense, you are uninformed and insulted a poster who stated facts. What you're trying to say to me is stop writing because you've got me over a barrel and I have no way out other than reply with pathetic come backs....as I said an apology to said poster would be nice but nah you won't do that will you.......

Since you claim I am uninformed, please show me the news article where it says that the number of jetski's has been reduced.

As I said, I must have missed that one.

No jetski rental at Nai Harn BTW, not now and not in the past.

Edited by stevenl

"They were tired" is often an excuse for bad behavior. They are punks is more to the point.

Yes, agree with you.......

They are punks because they are trying to prevent other people from drowning.

They are punks because they risk their lives to save other peoples lives.

I hope when you are in danger, one of those punks is near you to save your life.

https://ca.screen.yahoo.com/news---finance/dashcam-police-video-woman-charged-191125780.html

Here is another fellow in charge of saving people's lives..

Want him near you?

Mr Chula added, “Sometime it is hard for us to communicate with them.

So shouting and kicking and throwing punches is the kind of communication the "beach bum... sorry guards" feel more comfortable with?

“From New Year until now it has been very hard work trying to control naughty tourists.”

Most likely the first season ever where they actually had to physically work. Poor guys... This given, it's fully understandable that they have a go at the naughty tourists from time to time to release pressure...

So the beach guards are part of that TAT "Thainess Experience" thing, huh? clap2.gif BRAVO!!!

someone needs to explain to these guys that the way of the thug has no place anywhere when dealing with tourists, if the water is choppy and they put up a red flag and some tourists ignore it then that Is up to them but they shouldn't expect any help if they get into trouble - up to them

Thais have a habit of overstepping their authority that they think they have when they don't and then trying to enforce it with violence, also shouting and being rude is no way to get anyone to listen, these people need to be taken to the side and given a few training days on how and how not to deal with tourists

The guy in question should be spoken too and if he still doesn't get it then sack him

They do it because they can, they know you are a tourist and looked down on by the local people and BIB, they are backed 100 percent by the BIB, they live there and only need your money, LOS is slowly becoming known as the Land Of S''t

• Like 1

Another of the 12 routes to Thainess?

Most of us have been tired and upset 1000s of times, yet we don't hit anyone. Further, if a friend wants to start a fight, you try to stop him, you do not join the fight. These "lifeguards" have proven they are a bunch of agressive and violent hotheads, like so many others, and should be nowehere near the beach or tourists in general. Thai beaches already have enough wannabe Thai boxing gangsters such as the jetski monkeys.

In any first world country a lifeguard who starts a fight would be fired on the spot, no matter how frustrated or tired he is. This generally ensures the quality of the lifeguards.

Edited by monkeycountry

I've been a lifeguard myself in the past, I do go to Phuket to surf when the surf is up and I know exactly how the lifeguard feels. Easy to lose one's head when people are sometimes just plain stupid.

yes and no excuse for the russian to not understand...actions speak louder than words,and some russians are just plain ignorant when it comes to communication.

FiestyFarang, on 15 Jan 2015 - 16:14, said:

I suggest some of the readers be less racist or do not live here. These guys day in day out risk their life to help and save people with very little equipment like jet-skis in Australia. Then you get people who ignore red flags which should be obvious what it means and be disrespectful. The lifeguards have to put up with disrespect probably every day. I see some of the tourists they come here and look down on Thais. They would not behave the same in their own country. Most of the tourists here are budget end people and not educated.

Are you demented, are you suggesting it's ok to assault someone.... grow up, your thinking is not that of an intelligent being. We all know that whether foreigners, or Thai, there are fools, but this doesn't give anyone the right to assault, and then be backed up by a cowardly group. Thainess, who really knows what it is, I doubt even Thais know, it's another term they use for whatever occasion, in a positive way, suits them, leaving out the many negative points.

"They were tired" is often an excuse for bad behavior. They are punks is more to the point.

I hope when you are in danger, one of those punks is near you to save your life.

If only all western lifeguards could act like this and rough up anyone they want when they are tired, start fights with whoever they want....Right Costas!!!!

You have just read an account of the incident as it happened, and explained in great detail i may add. Then you come out with this pile of Elephant dung. <deleted> as anything you just wrote got to do with assaulting a tourist for nothing. Yes for nothing because i am not going to insult the intelligence of the guy who witnessed it.

• Like 1

I suggest some of the readers be less racist or do not live here. These guys day in day out risk their life to help and save people with very little equipment like jet-skis in Australia. Then you get people who ignore red flags which should be obvious what it means and be disrespectful. The lifeguards have to put up with disrespect probably every day. I see some of the tourists they come here and look down on Thais. They would not behave the same in their own country. Most of the tourists here are budget end people and not educated.

Their responsibility ends the moment the tourist, local or native person don't comply to what the life guard tells them to do.

The life guard isn't supposed to threaten, or in any other unlawfully way persuade anyone to comply.

The life guards very well know this and yet, things like this happens.

They also get a salary so they aren't people doing this as a charity, that's why they "risk" their lives. (still haven't heard about one single life guard who died in the line of duty)

Totally agree. maybe they need to put yet more signs in Russian and explain that the life guards have the right to move people if the situation is dangerous.

• Like 1

Their responsibility ends the moment the tourist, local or native person don't comply to what the life guard tells them to do.

The life guard isn't supposed to threaten, or in any other unlawfully way persuade anyone to comply.

The life guards very well know this and yet, things like this happens.

They also get a salary so they aren't people doing this as a charity, that's why they "risk" their lives. (still haven't heard about one single life guard who died in the line of duty)

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-lifeguard-dies-off-Karon-Beach/11638

Same incident: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/517622-phuket-lifeguard-dies-off-karon-beach/

Give the life guards plackards in English and Russian or Chinese, stateing "Danger, get out ot the water." they are working on a public beach which caters to foreigners of all sorts yet not one sign in any language other than Thai. Thai tourism at its worst. Untrained touts acting as lifeguards.

Tchooptip, on 15 Jan 2015 - 16:42, said:
JustAnotherFarang, on 15 Jan 2015 - 15:14, said:

No need for thai apologists to insinuate that it must have been the fault of the tourists.. No matter what thai people do they not only absolve themselves of any guilt but eagerly point the finger at those they have wronged.

Mickey Mouse country that becomes more and more 2 dimensional every day.

JAF

Relax man no danger, more more Thai bashers than Thai apologists around here coffee1.gif

I often wonder about some people who believe Thailand, and Thais, are "perfect" and is someone says something negative they are called a Thai basher..... I have news for you, not all Thais are perfect and in this case it was a Thai lifeguard, and his cowardly group, who were becoming Russian bashers... but hey, I guess you would think this ok, because it is the Thai way.

Give the life guards plackards in English and Russian or Chinese, stateing "Danger, get out ot the water." they are working on a public beach which caters to foreigners of all sorts yet not one sign in any language other than Thai. Thai tourism at its worst. Untrained touts acting as lifeguards.

Maybe have a look at the big, big signs, by heart I think in 6 languages, that are at all beaches?

Edited by stevenl

These guys are punks because of their behavior and this has always been the case. Many of these guys are very lazy with a deep dislike of foreigners. Full stop. These punks probably just wanted to head home and drink lao kao. LOL. They rarely risk their lives with the floats they use and if a foreigner was in trouble in a dangerous situation, these punks would let him drown before risking their own lives!! If you did not know this, you have not been in Thailand long enough yet. Anyways... If a guy wants to stay in the sea in rough weather, he should be left alone. Plain and simple!

• Like 1

never mind continually shouting at people because they will just blank you out, are these life guards trained in any way regarding how to deal with the public, shouting at people can just irritate them not assist them a bit of common curtesy is all you need possibly a closer approach when explaining to them that the currents are dangerous and the relevant flags have been posted a few words in Russian and English might help them get the point across rather than shouting, and when a tourist loses it then the life guard training jumps straight in calm and assertive and if that doesnt work them punch the tourists lights out then that will teach them to come back to Thailand again and also tell their friends what fun the life guards are. or they could also just buy a megaphone to address the deaf tourists or a gun and just shoot the disobedient ones

I think that perhaps the Thais have finally gotten sick of our non stop obnoxious behavior. The Russians seem to have a knack at pissing off the locals. What few i have encountered i can,t say i am fans of them either. Many of the tourists look down on the Thais and treat them like crap. One reason i just avoid the tourist hangouts. Not educated is too kind of a word to use. Obnoxious is more like it.

If the russkie had of drowned there would be a heap of posts here saying the Thai lifeguards were untrained, incompetent, uncaring and all 3. When I was last in Bali my girlfriend I were the only ones swimming between the flags. About 50 Australian bogans just ignored the lifeguards. I asked a Balinese lifeguard about it and he stated in near perfect English. Tourists just ignore us, we can't lock them up.

• Like 2