savanakhet smooth as silk

i am on multiple non-o and i had re-entry twice (out and backed thailand). someone told me that i only have twice re-entry left and have to get new multiple non-o again. is that true? if yes, can i get extension of my existing multiple non-o and where can i get the extension?

i am on multiple non-o and i had re-entry twice (out and backed thailand). someone told me that i only have twice re-entry left and have to get new multiple non-o again. is that true? if yes, can i get extension of my existing multiple non-o and where can i get the extension?

There is no limit on the number of entries you can do as long you do them before the enter before date on your visa.

You can do an entry on or before the enter before date and get another 90 day entry that will give you almost 15 months of total stay in the country before needing a new visa.

• Like 2

Your visas validity only limits how long you can use your visa not how long you can stay in the country on it.

If you do an entry on the last day of your visas visa validity you will get another 90 day entry that can give you almost 15 months of stay.

• Like 2

I'm heading there this weekend and staying for a few days with my gf. Planning to get my visa on Monday 19th.

What do you reccomend to do/see whilst there? I heard there's a dinosaur musuem and coffee... Any other exciting things to do?

Edited by Welshboy89

I'm heading there this weekend and staying for a few days with my gf. Planning to get my visa on Monday 19th.

What do you reccomend to do/see whilst there? I heard there's a dinosaur musuem and coffee... Any other exciting things to do?

. Boring Alert, maybe rent motorbike , nothing to do

I will be going to Savanakhet to get a non o immigrant visa based on my child.

Will I need only to show his original birth certificate plus the house registration tabien baan.

That is enough if you are applying for a single entry non-o.

They do not do a multiple entry unless you are the legal father of you child and have them with you or have some proof they are living with you.

Hi is it wise to go to savannahkhet in my own car or is it not allowed.

Thank you in advance.

It would be best to park your car before the bridge and take the bus into Savannakhet. There is secure parking on the left just before the gates for the bridge.

To take your car into Laos you need a passport for it and it's green book. If you don't have it already it would not be worth it for just a trip to Savannakhet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Thaiboy11,

Just some questions about the bus you took. The company is phetprasert i guess. At what time did it leave Chiang Mai, was it a straight line (same bus from CM to Muk) and about how long was the trip (to know how many books or battery packs i should take :))

Nice report, thanks, makes me think better go by bus than own car.

Hello Thaiboy11,

Just some questions about the bus you took. The company is phetprasert i guess. At what time did it leave Chiang Mai, was it a straight line (same bus from CM to Muk) and about how long was the trip (to know how many books or battery packs i should take smile.png)

no have bus chiang mai to mukdahan only Khon kaen

i took the bus a 12h 00 in a day from chiang mai arcade , you will arrived at 10h30 pm in khon kaen and after you have a 2h30 am bus come from mae sot to mukdahan and me i arrived a 5h30 am becase he drive so fast but the time is 6h30 am with the bus like that u can take the first thai lao bus at 7 am

you should make online booking on http://www.phetprasert.com/main.php you have online booking , timetable ... use google traduction or thai gf for help you to reserved and you pay at 7 11 or credit card , i sugest you take the seat down 1 a b 1c d only 12 seat downstairs really relax

or you can make phitsanulok to mukdahan with he same bus i take from kk to muk

Hello Thaiboy11,

Just some questions about the bus you took. The company is phetprasert i guess. At what time did it leave Chiang Mai, was it a straight line (same bus from CM to Muk) and about how long was the trip (to know how many books or battery packs i should take smile.png)

no have bus chiang mai to mukdahan only Khon kaen

i took the bus a 12h 00 in a day from chiang mai arcade , you will arrived at 10h30 pm in khon kaen and after you have a 2h30 am bus come from mae sot to mukdahan and me i arrived a 5h30 am becase he drive so fast but the time is 6h30 am with the bus like that u can take the first thai lao bus at 7 am

you should make online booking on http://www.phetprasert.com/main.php you have online booking , timetable ... use google traduction or thai gf for help you to reserved and you pay at 7 11 or credit card , i sugest you take the seat down 1 a b 1c d only 12 seat downstairs really relax

or you can make phitsanulok to mukdahan with he same bus i take from kk to muk

looks like a good bus line to know. my only hesitation is that there have been too many multiple death bus accidents on the road that goes east from phitsanulok . you have to confirm absolutely that it wasnt this bus line involved in any of them before i would even consider going with them on that route. ditto for mae sot to tak.

"he drive so fast" not promising at all

anyhow bookmark for perhaps other sections of their routes

pp88.jpg

Edited by rabid old goat

• 2 years later...
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2015 at 4:53 PM, ubonjoe said:

There is no limit on the number of entries you can do as long you do them before the enter before date on your visa.

You can do an entry on or before the enter before date and get another 90 day entry that will give you almost 15 months of total stay in the country before needing a new visa.

ubonjoe, I quote  your reply to the post # 16478 regarding re- entry and getting  90 more days.

As it is with my non-immigrant O visa expiring 5th of July, if I do not have  success with my  extension soon  I will ask  Chaeng Wattana to give me  a re-entry permit and have then 90 more  days  to stay and  sort out my  SAGA.

I am a limited time  frame, my new passport should  arrive  about   22  of June, I  go then to  Chaeng Wattana  and  ask for a   new  stamped  non immigrant O stamp same  as the  one  in my passport now and  ask  at the same time  for an  re entry permit, if they ask  where  I do go and  what I do  I just say visiting a friend abroad ???

My  combined   income letter has  expired   May 28, I  asked  my Consulate to send  a new one  should  arrive in 2-3 weeks time, themoney in the savings a account  needs about 7  more weeks time time as of yesterday  I have managed  to have  (temporarily  900 000 baht in my savings account0  But I must have that money in the bank for  2 months ( for the 800000 baht )  as this  is my first  extension of non O, what I can do now? Must wait for my new passport and proceed.

4 minutes ago, kraxlhuber said:

ubonjoe, I quote  your reply to the post # 16478 regarding re- entry and getting  90 more days.

As it is with my non-immigrant O visa expiring 5th of July, if I do not have  success with my  extension soon  I will ask  Chaeng Wattana to give me  a re-entry permit and have then 90 more  days  to stay and  sort out my  SAGA.

I am a limited time  frame, my new passport should  arrive  about   22  of June, I  go then to  Chaeng Wattana  and  ask for a   new  stamped  non immigrant O stamp same  as the  one  in my passport now and  ask  at the same time  for an  re entry permit, if they ask  where  I do go and  what I do  I just say visiting a friend abroad ???

My  combined   income letter has  expired   May 28, I  asked  my Consulate to send  a new one  should  arrive in 2-3 weeks time, themoney in the savings a account  needs about 7  more weeks time time as of yesterday  I have managed  to have  (temporarily  900 000 baht in my savings account0  But I must have that money in the bank for  2 months ( for the 800000 baht )  as this  is my first  extension of non O, what I can do now? Must wait for my new passport and proceed.

A re-entry permit would not give you more days. It only keeps the remainder of the 90 entry valid when you enter the country. My post you quoted was for a person that has a multiple entry non-o visa.

Since you have Thai children you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit them. One of them would need to be with you when you apply. You would need their birth certificate plus a copy, copies of their house book registry and ID card.

• Like 1

Just now, ubonjoe said:

A re-entry permit would not give you more days. It only keeps the remainder of the 90 entry valid when you enter the country. My post you quoted was for a person that has a multiple entry non-o visa.

Since you have Thai children you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit them. One of them would need to be with you when you apply. You would need their birth certificate plus a copy, copies of their house book registry and ID card.

I have  my daughter  with me  when applying for a 60 days based on visiting children  extension together with a copy ! of her birth certificate  and  House registerTabian Baan ( in Chiang Rai) and ID card

Chaeng Wattana  might ask me  to go to Chiang Rai to apply but my daughter is  living now  since 3 years in Bangkok ( city of Patumthani)

1 minute ago, kraxlhuber said:

I have  my daughter  with me  when applying for a 60 days based on visiting children  extension together with a copy ! of her birth certificate  and  House registerTabian Baan ( in Chiang Rai) and ID card

Chaeng Wattana  might ask me  to go to Chiang Rai to apply but my daughter is  living now  since 3 years in Bangkok ( city of Patumthani)

You could use the immigration office in Pathum Thani and use your daughters address there on the application. She could supply proof of residence for her address there. It does not have to be where her house book is for.

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could use the immigration office in Pathum Thani and use your daughters address there on the application. She could supply proof of residence for her address there. It does not have to be where her house book is for.

OK ,  was there  already last week and  same story, today she  is going to the  estate  admin. and ask for a copy of  the rental contract ( 1 year) and the address of the particular  owner of the  apartment, to ask for permission for me to stay here. I think the estate office or the owner  must have her somehow registered  with the  amphoe ( Patumthani) or somewhere, daughter said to me  no tabian baan possible as the most tenents  stay  here only up  to-4 years time studying at Rangsit univ.