UK Emergency Travel Documents

Hi there

My UK passport is expiring in June this year. I'm here on a Non-immi O based on marriage visa (with 3 extensions) and I'm doing my 90 report on Monday and have an appointment on Wednesday at the Trendy Building to apply for a new passport.

I plan to visit the UK in April and am slightly worried that I may not get my passport back in time. My question is, is if I have nt received a new passport in time can I apply for an Emergency Travel Document from the UK Embassy and if I can, will I still be able to get a Re-entry Permit and return to Thailand using the Emergency Travel Document and re-enter under my Non-immi O visa ?

Another possibility would be to renew my passport in the UK using their fast-track service. Is it possible to do this and re-enter Thailand (assuming I have a re-entry permit in my old passport) under my Non-immi O visa and then transfer the extension of stay/visa across when back in Thailand.

Thanks for your help.

Jono

(Does anyone know the latest turn around times for UK Passport Renewals?)

I think your new passport will be back in time for your trip according to recent reports.

The ETD could be a fallback option if you didn't get it. You could transfer you stamps from the old passport to the ETD at immigration and use the re-entry permit when you return to the country.

No problem to get a passport in the UK and then use both passports using the old one on entry to show your re-entry permit in it.