Resolved to lose weight in 2015? Here are five bad strategies to avoid

His Masters Voice

Is your New Year's resolution to lose weight? Here are five bad strategies to avoid, according to Dr. Aaron Michelfelder of Loyola University Health System:

Two of 5 bad strategies

Bad Strategy No. 2: I'll have to dramatically change my diet. A radical change is not necessary. A more effective strategy is to simply cut back a few hundred calories a day. When going to a restaurant, for example, eat an apple before dinner to dull your appetite, then skip the bread before the main dish arrives. Eat smaller portions and ask for a to-go container.

Bad Strategy No. 5: I give up. I'll never get down to a normal weight, so why even try? Do not despair if you do not get down to a trim, normal weight (defined as a body mass index of between 18.5 and 24.9). If you are overweight or obese, losing 10 percent of your body weight will improve your appearance and have significant health benefits, such as lower blood pressure and a reduced risk of diabetes. Even losing as little as 5 pounds will be good for your joints (in part)

I read it because my New Years Resolution is to drop 12 Kilos in 6 months.

Make me a hansum man again.

I dropped a needed 5 kilo's, unexpectedly, simply by moving home - from a sedentary condo life to a veerrryyy active home/garden/DIY lifestyle. And I was using the gym previously, on a regular basis, gym routines and consistency of lifestyle are not what they are thought to be.

• Like 1

I dropped a needed 5 kilo's, unexpectedly, simply by moving home - from a sedentary condo life to a veerrryyy active home/garden/DIY lifestyle. And I was using the gym previously, on a regular basis, gym routines and consistency of lifestyle are not what they are thought to be.

Well done.

TBH, I think also I need to drink less beer.

WOW - 5 kilos - thumbsup.gif

Well done.

Of course not.. the beer has nothing to do with it. Its your hormones.. its your body.. its... anything but something you can change. Change takes effort and effort is a bad word.

Well done.

Of course not.. the beer has nothing to do with it. Its your hormones.. its your body.. its... anything but something you can change. Change takes effort and effort is a bad word.

And it would be that you did something wrong (eat too much), but in fact it is not your fault. It is the hormones, the genetic, the food industry, the gut bacteria, the Freemason, the Bilderberger or someone else.....

But eating without discipline and culture has nothing to do with it laugh.png

• Like 1

Well done.

I agree with you. To achieve that goal, I need to drink less beer, consume less processed food.

Plus some targeted exercise to build muscle mass to increase my resting metabolic rate.

But, I have to start with my worst offender, which is Beer.

Sometimes it's what you drink, not what you eat which contributes to weight gain.

Beer is just a very delicious, but empty food.

So, that's my starting point, my low hanging fruit.

Well done.

I agree with you. To achieve that goal, I need to drink less beer, consume less processed food.

Plus some targeted exercise to build muscle mass to increase my resting metabolic rate.

But, I have to start with my worst offender, which is Beer.

Sometimes it's what you drink, not what you eat which contributes to weight gain.

Beer is just a very delicious, but empty food.

So, that's my starting point, my low hanging fruit.

Its a good point to start for sure and if you drank a lot of it cutting it out will result in weight loss for sure.

• Like 1