Farang Food In Chiang Rai

uk_falang

Hi

I live in chiang rai - I need to get the following in wholesale ammounts, please can someone point me in the right direction. I know about Northern Farm place. Perhaps I need to order some of this stuf from chiang Mai (but where) and can they send to chiang rai frozen?

Gravy Powder

English Sausages

apple sauce

sage onion stuffing

branston pickle

pizza bases frozen

baguettes,half cooked and frozen

lamb - to roast

garlic breads - ready made and frozen

a potato masher

sour cream

i also want to buy a good gas oven.

Thanks

Hi

I live in chiang rai - I need to get the following in wholesale ammounts, please can someone point me in the right direction. I know about Northern Farm place. Perhaps I need to order some of this stuf from chiang Mai (but where) and can they send to chiang rai frozen?

Gravy Powder

English Sausages

apple sauce

sage onion stuffing

branston pickle

pizza bases frozen

lamb - to roast

a potato masher

sour cream

Thanks

I don't know but when you get all this stuff, please give me a ring and I wll help you cook/sample/eat it.

I know there is a Northern Farm in Chiang Mai with a lot bigger selection than here.

Go into Chiang Mai Forum and ask the guys there!

Are you opening a restaurant?

English sausages...... I probably not visit .....

But Good Luck anyway!

Hey Svenivan what's wrong with english sausages?

English sausages.............succulent, tasty, delicious. Eroy mak mak.

UK Farang,

you can get a few of those at Big C and Makro..

Sour cream and the potato masher ect.

The gravy mix you can get at northern farm.

Yiam sawat ( เยี่ยมสวัสดิ์ ) will sell you a good oven.It is located on the way to Chiangmai about 2 km past Big C on the right hand side of the road. I bought one there and it is top notch. Great for Pizzas, roasts etc..

It is an Electrolux however, it would not be great if you wanted it for commercial use, I would imagine you would have to go to Chiangmai for that.

If you do happen to go to Chiangmai then go to Rimping (they have alot of stuff).

If it is a restaurant you are opening please tell us all where and when as my mouth is watering just thinking of those sausages!

Good luck!

P.S please let us know how and where you end up getting these things..

Cheers

In The Rai!

UK,

There is a dutchman in CM that supplies restuarants. He sends a truck over here once or twice a week. The name of the co. is **RECA RE stands for RESUARANT and CA stands for CATERING. Can't remember first two letters. As far as "bangers" go, i like my cereal in a boul with milk :o

Gravy Powder ( Northern Farms Beef oxo or beef soup mix add to water and corn flower and cook on low heat till it's thick)

English Sausages ( You can get Big-C to order from Thai German Meat Company)

apple sauce ( Northern Farms or make your own it's easy)

sage onion stuffing ( Northern Farms)

branston pickle ( There is a Pickle Factory in Chiangrai they supply Northern Farms just ask, also Jozeph at Hamburger #1 In Bandu Sells good Pickles)

pizza bases frozen ( Macro)

baguettes,half cooked and frozen ( Ban Chivitmai Bakery accross from Bus Depot)

lamb - to roast ( Northern Farms, there is fresh Goat at the wholesale market Chiangrai city buy you have to kill it? )

garlic breads - ready made and frozen ( Make your own with french bread butter and garlic, put in foil and bake at 400 degrees for 15 min)

a potato masher ( use a mix Master from Big C 350 Baht)

sour cream ( Big-c it looks like a small container from formost in the dairy section)

i also want to buy a good gas oven. (Big C is the cheapest 5,900 baht)

So you see everything is here! :o

Hi

Gravy Powder

English Sausages

apple sauce

sage onion stuffing

branston pickle

pizza bases frozen

lamb - to roast

a potato masher

sour cream

Thanks

Edited by thomas3940

I am sorry do you want a gas oven or gas hotplates with an electric oven.

In my opinion the gas hotplates are by far the best and the electric oven (fan forced) is the way to go for baking. A nice constant heat. I have fond that baking with gas that the heat is too unevenly spread out..

But that is my opinion.

A good unit with 5 gas hotplates and an electric oven under will cost 30,000 but it is certainly worth it!

In The Rai!

:D 30,000 baht for an oven? Eeek! I believe only NGO's can afford those! :o

I am sorry do you want a gas oven or gas hotplates with an electric oven.

In my opinion the gas hotplates are by far the best and the electric oven (fan forced) is the way to go for baking. A nice constant heat. I have fond that baking with gas that the heat is too unevenly spread out..

But that is my opinion.

A good unit with 5 gas hotplates and an electric oven under will cost 30,000 but it is certainly worth it!

In The Rai!