Eight Malaysian tourists charged Bt114,080 by karaoke bar in Chiang Mai

Lite Beer

Eight Malaysian tourists charged Bt114,080 by karaoke bar in Chiang Mai

CHIANG MAI: -- A 34-year-old Malaysian tourist, Yim Wai Chuan, filed complaint with police in Chiang Mai late Saturday night, saying he and seven Malaysian friends were overcharged by a karaoke bar Friday night for Bt114,080.

Following the complaint, the shop owner, Suthep Singhabutr, agreed to return Bt60,000 to the tourists. But the owner was arrested for opening a bar without license.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Eight-Malaysian-tourists-charged-Bt114080-by-karao-30252130.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-01-18

• Like 1

Must have been a good night out.....not.

You just wait for ours chum.............whistling.gif

I'm sure you will set the world on fire, you ole fart. 555555

Guaranteed...................thumbsup.gif ..................laugh.png

I predict some aweful karaoke to some really ordinary tunes. Lol

Lets offer the Thais free flights to Western destinations,let them see the civilized world,then charge them double or more the entrance fee to museums,attractions,etc,i wonder how they would respond?mmmm,discrimination against the tourists in Thailand comes to light,dont think they would like it in the West.

I don't know about other countries but in the US there is double pricing. The citizens and especially the locals pay for the infrastructure to get to, and to maintain the attractions.

I have a $15 lifetime pass to all US National parks. You would pay $25 a carload for every park.

Even Disneyland gives a big discount to locals in appreciation of maintaining the infrastructure that surrounds it.

It is the big ripoffs in the OP that don't happen in Western countries. I've never heard of it in the US, Canada, or anywhere in Europe. Prices were plainly posted and that's what I always paid. Sitting down in a bar or restaurant in Canada, the US, or Paris will give the same experience. They give you a menu with prices, you order, and that's what you pay + any lawful tax.

Thailand can be stupid about ripping people off and thinking it won't run business off.

• Like 1