Eight Malaysian tourists charged Bt114,080 by karaoke bar in Chiang Mai

Lite Beer

• 3 weeks later...

The guy who owns Pink Pussy also owns Orchid Karaoke just down from it. I have been to both many times. They have a deal 3 bottles of johnny red for 7000. I usually go with some thai guys i do some business with (about 3 to 4 of us, who i met at university in Australia) . Normally we rack up a bill of around 15000 - 17000 but we are in there for hours and hours, eating and sometimes fill the room with way too many girls. I generally find if you stay late into the morning on a mad session say until 9am the price will go up considerably. I have never been scammed in these places but i reckon they would chance it if they realized you were a clueless blow in! I think 50000-60000 for an eight guy party in their would be fair. Places like Pink Pussy arent really for cheap charlies if you want cheap karaoke with private rooms there are plenty of tai yai ones around... Most likely these guys orders the top shelf menu drinks and did it to themselves ;)

i love thai karaoke bars and going with a good team to them is highly entertaining and it really is a filthy environment once your are a known customer ;)

Thai guys are out of control quite often in them i have seen some sordid antics in both the aforementioned places. thai karaoke bars lol.

The guy who owns Pink Pussy also owns Orchid Karaoke just down from it. I have been to both many times. They have a deal 3 bottles of johnny red for 7000. I usually go with some thai guys i do some business with (about 3 to 4 of us, who i met at university in Australia) . Normally we rack up a bill of around 15000 - 17000 but we are in there for hours and hours, eating and sometimes fill the room with way too many girls. I generally find if you stay late into the morning on a mad session say until 9am the price will go up considerably. I have never been scammed in these places but i reckon they would chance it if they realized you were a clueless blow in! I think 50000-60000 for an eight guy party in their would be fair. Places like Pink Pussy arent really for cheap charlies if you want cheap karaoke with private rooms there are plenty of tai yai ones around... Most likely these guys orders the top shelf menu drinks and did it to themselves wink.png

i love thai karaoke bars and going with a good team to them is highly entertaining and it really is a filthy environment once your are a known customer wink.png

Thai guys are out of control quite often in them i have seen some sordid antics in both the aforementioned places. thai karaoke bars lol.

I agree the Thais will pay for a good time with top totty

Heres photos of a bill I saw racked up by Thai patrons in a Bangkok kareoke total 71110B ... they expect and pay bills like this

post-103655-0-12440100-1423572823_thumb. post-103655-0-05440200-1423572928_thumb.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

my friend was in kinaree in pattaya for a few hours buying drinks etc. his bill came to 30000 baht we are all sure they padded the bill

Never had the slightest problem of that kind at Kinnaree, alone or with friends. That said, the place can be packed so ringing the bell can rack up the bin. Does seem high even so, thati is a helluva lot of Tequilas.

Just to resurrect this post - I got ripped off in Kinaree today. Short little tom boy serving staff took my money (1,000B for a 400B bin), my mates money and his bin, but left my bin behind. Comes back with my mates change - when I ask for my change, the little <deleted> says "you no give money".

Long story short - brief argument with the Mamasan who said she trusted her staff and said "If you no have money, I pay bin for you."

So I gave her a 1,000B to cover the bin plus a 600B tip, told the little <deleted> tom boy she's a rich lady today, and promised never to darken their door again.

This is one bar that I would never have expected this to happen in and normally I'm very careful about making sure the serving staff know what I gave them. In five years, this is my first ever dispute over a bin, and my mate could not believe the brazen way in which the tomboy did it, especially at the Kinaree which until now I would have said is one of the best run bars in Pattaya.

Big thumbs down from me and it will be getting plenty of negative press from me and my mate at every conceivable opportunity.