A Video about Koh Chang

Costas2008

I wanted to wish you a very good day Costas, and will return later to check the video..straight up..

No ulterior motive, just wishing you all the best..

signed,

a random stranger, on a rainy night*

* half way across the world..

That was very nice of you, redandyellow.

Fully appreciated, Many Thanks.

Wish you all the Best and hope to see you in Thailand soon.

Costas

I went there back in 1991.

Not that long ago really ...but it was more or less beginning to develop while the dirt road only went half way and you had to use a raft to get ashore to White Beach.

You had to wait for a fish boat at the mainland pier to gather up several people before the fish boat would cross over to the Island.....100 baht per person and took about 1.5 hours ...if I recall correctly

I rented a motorbike and went up to the water falls and went everywhere a motorcycle could reasonably go until the path ran out and just jungle ahead.

The beach bungalows at the beginning of White Beach were 100 to 150 baht a night for recently constructed well built small Nipa style Huts

They had an over head fan, so no mosquitoes

Further down the coast the beaches were more rock and more stone and some people stayed there for 50 Bath a night, long term.

Not many other foreigners and no night life at all.

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

Nice video which seems to promote the Lonely Beach area. What about Klong Prao beach between Tiger Huts the river estuary and Chai Chet, Some of the best sunsets I have experienced and cleaner beaches, wider, and less steep than any at Lonely Beach.and easily more accessible by road and on foot.There is much more I could add having lived on the island for 2 years.But I suppose any promo is better than none despite the ever increasing development, growing infrastructure problems in sewage, waste and water management. No mention in the video of the number of deaths caused by bad roads, strong currents, poorly maintained motorbikes for hire etc.,

Good luck and happy hols to everyone tempted to visit this once idilyc island which in my humble opinion has past it's sell by date.

photos of and from Klong Prao beach. post-220724-0-26775700-1421853743_thumb.