Falang Food, English Sausages, Gravy, Stuffing, Etc

uk_falang

Hi, I posted this in the chiang rai forum but someone suggested i post it here because i might be able to get food sent to chiang rai as I am opening a restaurant.

Hi

I live in chiang rai - I need to get the following in wholesale ammounts, please can someone point me in the right direction. I know about Northern Farm place. Perhaps I need to order some of this stuf from chiang Mai (but where) and can they send to chiang rai frozen?

Gravy Powder

English Sausages

apple sauce

sage onion stuffing

branston pickle

pizza bases frozen

baguettes,half cooked and frozen

lamb - to roast

garlic breads - ready made and frozen

a potato masher

sour cream

i also want to buy a good gas oven.

Thanks

Hi, I posted this in the chiang rai forum but someone suggested i post it here because i might be able to get food sent to chiang rai as I am opening a restaurant.

Hi

I live in chiang rai - I need to get the following in wholesale ammounts, please can someone point me in the right direction. I know about Northern Farm place. Perhaps I need to order some of this stuf from chiang Mai (but where) and can they send to chiang rai frozen?

Gravy Powder

English Sausages

apple sauce

sage onion stuffing

branston pickle

pizza bases frozen

baguettes,half cooked and frozen

lamb - to roast

garlic breads - ready made and frozen

a potato masher

sour cream

i also want to buy a good gas oven.

Thanks

With the exception of the baguettes, all the other items are available at Rimping superstore on Chotana Road. You will have to go in person and speak to the manager to establish an account, and I'm sure she will look after you. They do local deliveries, but I think Chiangrai will be stretching things a little.

Personally I would be looking at an electric oven as well. The local gas has a very low calorific value, and gas pressure varies when the bottle gets lower, unless you run a bank of large bottles.

Let us know when you are opening as Chiangrai can do with a good eatery...Good luck

Gravy Powder........Bisto or Gravox in packets

English Sausages....Locally made and not at all bad

apple sauce........Heinz in jars

sage onion stuffing ......Both Paxo and Tandaco available

branston pickle.....250gm and 500gm jars

pizza bases frozen....Only have the imported ones occasionally

baguettes,half cooked and frozen....not seen these at Rimping

lamb - to roast.....Both shoulders, legs and loins from New Zealand Also available at NFP and Tops

garlic breads - ready made and frozen.....Local brand available

a potato masher....manual available any supermarket. Mechanical ones from the Chinese caterer's shop on Moonmuang Road just along from the Montri Hotel

sour cream....Australian inported Bulla in 200ml tubs

p.s. they also have Heinz baked beans in Rimping now...but the price...ouch :o

just to hijack the thread a little, anyone has an idea of where to get local mutton(lamb?)? i see the ones sold at tops, rimping and seems a premium to pay. from NZ, AUS

love to make some south indian mutton curry!

You're unlikely to find mutton locally, in fact you have a job to find it in Australia and NZ. Rimping have mutton occasionally, but you're paying the same premium as you do for lamb.

just to hijack the thread a little, anyone has an idea of where to get local mutton(lamb?)? i see the ones sold at tops, rimping and seems a premium to pay. from NZ, AUS

love to make some south indian mutton curry!

You're unlikely to find mutton locally, in fact you have a job to find it in Australia and NZ. Rimping have mutton occasionally, but you're paying the same premium as you do for lamb.

MM, thanks for the info. I did see "Goat Ribs" or something like that in Makro. They also carry Wild Boar which I enjoy very much. But premium prices for the "goat". Wild Boar meat was at THB130 per kg.