Expat UK TV

Gavlar1981

I've been running the basic service since last March, I haven't upgraded to the Sky Movies and Sports channels, I'm quite happy to watch Match of the Day on a Sunday or Monday morning and the Test Match highlights on Channel 5 during the summer.

The service isn't bad, although the set-top box is (in my opinion) of poor quality, and a bit temperamental at times. As a recommendation I would give the whole package 8/10. Since I've had it I don't bother to watch Truevision any more, I just reverted to the cheapest package so as the missis can watch the Thai programmes, so overall I've saved money and although I distrust the BBC's coverage of news and current affairs, their cultural output, along with ITV and the others, is probably still the best in the world , for this expat Brit at any rate.

Bugger, why won't the font size alter?

Whatever you do, AVOID "WETV" they have dropped "Australia Plus" and replaced it with 24/7 Chinese Soaps and a bit of Chinese News.

Every time we phone, they claim to be "fixing the problem" which has been going on for about 3 Weeks. The alleged Manager, a Khun APPLE is always in meetings and NEVER returns phone calls.

WETV= Worst Ever Television.

Also you can try iptvuk.club

The basic package is cheaper than Expat UK TV but you do need a MAG 250/254 or 260 box to receive it. This box is not one of the cheap android ones.

Or for Free you could try an android box with XBMC on it with the FTV pluging.

Regards

CHris

I use the Minix X7 (X8 is out now), very pleased with it though it was a bit tricky to set-up so would agree with buying one already set-up with the best repositories.

One small point, XBMC is now called Kodi, if you're looking for additional/new channels etc...

• 1 year later...

We pay baht 10K a year and that includes all of the channels, Sky sports and bt sports and the sky sports formula one channel all the sky movies and its plugged in to our 3bb router using a internet cable we dont need a upn. The 7 day catching up feature is handy so we can watch yesterdays uk tv the following day. We insisted on a three day trial over a weekend so we could see what its like when its busy. Loads of kids tv for when the grandkids come to stay.

If you put in the time to start with, almost every channel of TV + Live TV is out there FREE.. once you find them and bookmark them, cannot see any point paying for something you can get free [with a few days playing about and searching].. also have Kodi, again need time to work out what is best, what is best picture and again totally FREE

Will say for me it s much easier to play about on the PC.. have loads of things [websites and builds] on my PC, then put good ones on the Laptop and on the Android box..

Edit: As a P.S. live out in the sticks, and only internet option is TRUE past 13 years. 590 baht per month.

We pay baht 10K a year and that includes all of the channels, Sky sports and bt sports and the sky sports formula one channel all the sky movies and its plugged in to our 3bb router using a internet cable we dont need a upn. The 7 day catching up feature is handy so we can watch yesterdays uk tv the following day. We insisted on a three day trial over a weekend so we could see what its like when its busy. Loads of kids tv for when the grandkids come to stay.

But who do you pay? The only "mrskyt(v)" I found was based in Spain though they do have some sort of subsidiary in Thailand. Their website gives no details or prices.

Android boxes and Kodi add-ons are all very well, but the catch-up facility is by far the most important thing as far as I'm concerned. I never watch live TV.

..... send them an email.

I have an innate dislike of anyone who doesn't publish full details of who he is and what he is selling for all to see.

I emailed them, got a response with this link on the website - http://mrskytv.com/store.php

I agree with you 100% about the 7 day catch up facility, watching the previous days telly is very important to us.

But who do you pay? The only "mrskyt(v)" I found was based in Spain though they do have some sort of subsidiary in Thailand. Their website gives no details or prices.

Android boxes and Kodi add-ons are all very well, but the catch-up facility is by far the most important thing as far as I'm concerned. I never watch live TV.

http://www.mrskytv.com/bangkok.html

^^ Those are more informative than the pages I found. It's a shame that they require the use of a "box". ExpatTV has a PC app and servers in Thailand which usually ensure a viewing experience free of buffering. Not sure whether the MrSky service would do the same on regular ADSL.

^^ Those are more informative than the pages I found. It's a shame that they require the use of a "box". ExpatTV has a PC app and servers in Thailand which usually ensure a viewing experience free of buffering. Not sure whether the MrSky service would do the same on regular ADSL.

We wanted sky sports and sky movies but most importantly sky sports F1 as the Mrs loves the F1

The box is easy to use and lets us connect our hard drive to it and use it as a media hub, and has a uk radio built in so we can listen to LBC in the mornings.

Our 3BB is not fibre optic its 15MB regular ADSL costs us baht 998 a month.

Archived