BANGKOK 16 June 2019 17:33

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gavlar1981

Expat UK TV

Hi, does anyone have any review on the Expat TV UK service (http://www.expatuktv.asia/), i see now that they have all the SKY TV movies and sport channels provided, as well as most True channels and the CTH Sports channels. I am thinking i couold get rid of True/CTH and Expat Tv and replacce the 3 with theis 1 service.

Any info is much appreciated!

I've been running the basic service since last March, I haven't upgraded to the Sky Movies and Sports channels, I'm quite happy to watch Match of the Day on a Sunday or Monday morning and the Test Match highlights on Channel 5 during the summer.

The service isn't bad, although the set-top box is (in my opinion) of poor quality, and a bit temperamental at times. As a recommendation I would give the whole package 8/10. Since I've had it I don't bother to watch Truevision any more, I just reverted to the cheapest package so as the missis can watch the Thai programmes, so overall I've saved money and although I distrust the BBC's coverage of news and current affairs, their cultural output, along with ITV and the others, is probably still the best in the world , for this expat Brit at any rate.

Bugger, why won't the font size alter?

Only one package for all channels, just a little cheaper if you take 12 months contract.

For all you Android gurus, with TV box, just search for ukiptv, and you get a quite a lot for free

the only reason i don't go for it is my low and irregular internet service i think they say 3mb but for sure service i think 5 mb would work well

Whatever you do, AVOID "WETV" they have dropped "Australia Plus" and replaced it with 24/7 Chinese Soaps and a bit of Chinese News.

Every time we phone, they claim to be "fixing the problem" which has been going on for about 3 Weeks. The alleged Manager, a Khun APPLE is always in meetings and NEVER returns phone calls.

WETV= Worst Ever Television.

You can get many UK stations here for free, just use a UK proxy server. You can use firefox with addon anonoymox 4.4.6

Also you can try iptvuk.club

The basic package is cheaper than Expat UK TV but you do need a MAG 250/254 or 260 box to receive it. This box is not one of the cheap android ones.

Or for Free you could try an android box with XBMC on it with the FTV pluging.

Regards

CHris

I second the Minix box route a one time payment to purchase then free tv, sports and movies from all over the globe,make sure to purchase one thats already formatted as long as you have fairly quick internet

I use the Minix X7 (X8 is out now), very pleased with it though it was a bit tricky to set-up so would agree with buying one already set-up with the best repositories.

One small point, XBMC is now called Kodi, if you're looking for additional/new channels etc...

Or you can just watch ITV , BBC and Channel 4 for free, no need to pay for a subscription when it's free. All you need is a UK proxy.

Will someone please explain in very simple terms (step by step) how I get a UK proxy for my lap-top. Many thanks.