Pattaya guard beats foreign tourist unconscious 'out of misunderstanding'

webfact

"Interesting" and completely different version of the story on the FB page of Honey Bar.

A little "different" from what was described as witnesses statements.

So now pick your choice wink.png

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=787847624613642&id=166996206698790

Re: News Report Honey Bar Drunken Customer.

This incident has been grossly misreported in the media. I was in the bar when it happened.

The American guy was drunk and refused to pay his bar bill.

He became very abusive at the girls and cashier, using threatening gestures and extreme swear words at them.

The cashier called the security guard in the bar complex for assistance.

Totally unprovoked, the guy swung a punch at the security guard who was knocked off his feet.

Motorcycle taxi drivers from the local stand witnessed the totally unprovoked attack and immediately went to his assistance.

After receiving first-aid, the guy walked away from the bar complex.

Police later impounded his motorcycle and took copies of his unpaid bar bill.

The guy did not offer or pay any of his bar bill. No customers left the bar afterwards in protest.

The security guard gave a statement to the police and was not charged with any offence.

Well that just might calm down the hysterical over-reactions of the friendly Thai bashers!

It might if it were actually true,,,, Honey Bar posted on FB,, "After receiving first-aid, the guy walked away from the bar complex."... I posted on that thread, about the VIDEO footage clearly showed the guy being loaded into an ambulance unconcious,,, Someone else also replied that's also exactly what happened,, Honey Bar also claimed he was an American,, where as the news report stated he was Russian,, Honey Bar claimed he never tried to pay any of his bill, The report claimed he offered $600, and said he'd go to ATM for more,, Honey Bar claimed he swung, unprovoked at a security guard,, The report claimed he was hit from BEHIND by the security guard while on his way to the ATM,,, Honey Bar claimed the moto-cy guys saw the incident, and came to the aid of the security guard, The report claimed after the guard blind-sided the guy, HE called the moto-cy guys over to aid him in beating the guy to unconsiousness, then continued to kick him about the head, whilst on the ground, Honey Bar posted that no one left the bar afterwards,, The report stated nearly all if not completely all of the customers left and went elsewhere,,, So that's 6, SIX completely opposite comments from Honey Bar,,, Anyone care to attempt to debunk the, "Friendly Thai bashers now?"

Edited by petercool
font style and size

"Interesting" and completely different version of the story on the FB page of Honey Bar.

A little "different" from what was described as witnesses statements.

So now pick your choice wink.png

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=787847624613642&id=166996206698790

Re: News Report Honey Bar Drunken Customer.

This incident has been grossly misreported in the media. I was in the bar when it happened.

The American guy was drunk and refused to pay his bar bill.

He became very abusive at the girls and cashier, using threatening gestures and extreme swear words at them.

The cashier called the security guard in the bar complex for assistance.

Totally unprovoked, the guy swung a punch at the security guard who was knocked off his feet.

Motorcycle taxi drivers from the local stand witnessed the totally unprovoked attack and immediately went to his assistance.

After receiving first-aid, the guy walked away from the bar complex.

Police later impounded his motorcycle and took copies of his unpaid bar bill.

The guy did not offer or pay any of his bar bill. No customers left the bar afterwards in protest.

The security guard gave a statement to the police and was not charged with any offence.

Well that just might calm down the hysterical over-reactions of the friendly Thai bashers!

It might if it were actually true,,,, Honey Bar posted on FB,, "After receiving first-aid, the guy walked away from the bar complex."... I posted on that thread, about the VIDEO footage clearly showed the guy being loaded into an ambulance unconcious,,, Someone else also replied that's also exactly what happened,, Honey Bar also claimed he was an American,, where as the news report stated he was Russian,, Honey Bar claimed he never tried to pay any of his bill, The report claimed he offered $600, and said he'd go to ATM for more,, Honey Bar claimed he swung, unprovoked at a security guard,, The report claimed he was hit from BEHIND by the security guard while on his way to the ATM,,, Honey Bar claimed the moto-cy guys saw the incident, and came to the aid of the security guard, The report claimed after the guard blind-sided the guy, HE called the moto-cy guys over to aid him in beating the guy to unconsiousness, then continued to kick him about the head, whilst on the ground, Honey Bar posted that no one left the bar afterwards,, The report stated nearly all if not completely all of the customers left and went elsewhere,,, So that's 6, SIX completely opposite comments from Honey Bar,,, Anyone care to attempt to debunk the, "Friendly Thai bashers now?"

As usual the "facts" are as clear as mud!

Well, as it appears that no part of Honey Bar's version of what happened is true,

why would I believe their story about the fight being over a bill dispute ?? Would

be great if the news media would send a reporter to the hospital to interview the

guy, and find out what actually happened..

Better to go to the atm before you go out drinking because most bar folks can speak a little English and understand less than a little.

That hasn't been my experience in Pattaya bars - their English comprehension improves dramatically when money is involved. When a key part of your job involves taking money from customers, that's not the part where you glance idly at your phone and tune the foreigner out.

The key issues raised here were the possibility that the Russian was drunk and the question marks around his ability to communicate in English - as others have pointed out, most of us manage to communicate in countries where we have little or no command of the language and the Honey Bar version of events differs markedly from that given by eyewitnesses and the video footage. If he did tell staff he was going to the ATM, something got lost in translation ....

Ultimately, it was a ballsup in anyone's language but he didnt deserve to be laid into by the motorsai thugs who had no direct connection to either the bar or the complex security, regardless of whether he was aggressive or not when confronted. Whether he was lured by the Happy Hour pricing and thought he could have a good time with a mere 600 baht is another unanswered question - he definitely wouldnt have had much a night down the road at Drinking St where I paid 90 baht for a Leo and 150 baht each for the Breezer lollywaters ordered by my associates. My first and last time in that tourist trap, but it only took a single bin check to know it was time to head for the door - either he couldnt add up or he didnt care. Simply asking a staff member to go with him could also have avoided the violence which followed his departure, but clearly the Thai moonlighting as 'Security' saw a lone Russian and decided it was payback time. He's a coward who should have been locked up along with his motorsai taxi buddies, IMO, but TiT and the Russian decided to put it behind him without pressing charges.

Edited by MrWorldwide

Well, as it appears that no part of Honey Bar's version of what happened is true,

why would I believe their story about the fight being over a bill dispute ?? Would

be great if the news media would send a reporter to the hospital to interview the

guy, and find out what actually happened..

Not appears!!! how many trust worthy hookers do you know

Better to go to the atm before you go out drinking because most bar folks can speak a little English and understand less than a little.

I have never in my life read such a load of twaddle It can happen to anyone, run out of cash,all ok if you have the means to draw more,so what is the problem?

• Like 1

Before we start all the "only in Thailand" and similar rubbish - don't forget the number of times that people have been beaten senseless by the moronic "security guards" or "bouncers" outside clubs in Australia and the UK - where there can be no language barrier - unless one thinks of the basic thought capacity of this type of person.

Most security guards, here or overseas, are not the sharpest tools in the box to start with.

Having said that, this is certainly unacceptable anywhere.

Having worked as a bouncer/doorman/security (up to you what job title you think appropriate) for 12 years in the UK, I've seen a mix of well and poorly educated work colleagues.

The area manager of First Leisure in the Midlands had a problem with 'over brawned, under brained gorillas' (his words) and encouraged the venue managers to employ door staff with a brain. Although this wasn't always possible, for the most part it did work and made for an easy life with the customers and the police.

It helped make my 'job' good fun, but there were plenty of clubs around that had issues similar to this problem in Pattaya.

6 'O' levels, A level maths and BTEC level 3 electronics and electrical principles. We're not all brainless thugs, but I do understand where you're coming from.

No offence taken :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...