Pattaya guard beats foreign tourist unconscious 'out of misunderstanding'

webfact

For all of you wearing your rosé colored glasses, something like this may someday happen to you. In Thailand it is not a question of will something bad happen it is only a question of when.

And for all you people living in London-- Glasgow--the USA who are all completely safe and sound & nothing like this would ever happen over there-----stay at home, be safe....................coffee1.gif

PS & you can donate your rose colored glasses to ttthailand, so he can carry on scaremongering.

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1

Obviously there is much more to this story than is relayed in the article. I will reserve judgment on both parties until a more credible account is made.

Seriously?

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Again even if the guy was really doing a runner, there is no justification for what happened to him.

I am soooOOooo waiting to hear when a group attacks a farang and he beats the living snot out of them! It won't happen of course because their animal instinct for survival will stop them from attacking such a person

• Like 1

It will be most interesting to see what the tourist numbers from the UK will be, after the three one-hour BBC programs on the joys of entering Thailand, will be.

While I don't like to see the country being taken apart, sometimes folk at the top need the obvious pointed out to them. Incoming tourists are not going to enjoy standing in line for more than half an hour, while Immigration laboriously scan each page of a passport, taking some minutes per passenger and half the desks are empty.

Last time I went through KL airport, Immigration there processed almost everyone at 20 second intervals.

Now there's a video gone viral, showing what the taxi drivers are like once you've passed through Customs.

so what could you call for in such circumstances. i would actually prefer the death sentence for such animals. you sound like some liberal social worker type. a worse nuisance to society to those that commit these serious crimes

Well I certainly wouldn't call for the death sentence for beating someone up (and actually I don't think you would either!); if found guilty and particularly if there was no provocation, I'd be happy to see the perpetrator/s doing around 5 years in jail. If it was the UK they'd probably get a lot less or the jails would be over-flowing; fights like this are a regular feature of Saturday nights in many town centres! Quite why some seem to think Thailand and Pattaya in particular is any different I don't know.

Edited by brewsterbudgen

It will be most interesting to see what the tourist numbers from the UK will be, after the three one-hour BBC programs on the joys of entering Thailand, will be.

While I don't like to see the country being taken apart, sometimes folk at the top need the obvious pointed out to them. Incoming tourists are not going to enjoy standing in line for more than half an hour, while Immigration laboriously scan each page of a passport, taking some minutes per passenger and half the desks are empty.

Last time I went through KL airport, Immigration there processed almost everyone at 20 second intervals.

Now there's a video gone viral, showing what the taxi drivers are like once you've passed through Customs.

searched youtube but cant find the viral video you mention

when entering Singapore it takes seconds for the customs to look at ones Passport. they also offer a sweet to freshen the mouth and wish you a pleasant stay.

what is it with Thais?

Edited by jonesthebaker

Even if you can find it, how is it relevant to this thread?

• Like 1

These Thai men are just foaming at the mouth to get a chance to beat a falang senseless. Doesn't take much, like a ticking time bomb. Shows you how much they really hate falangs.

I agree 110%! I feel provoked all the time...just itching to start something. You can actually see the disdain/hate in their eyes for a falang. It's really sad because I know so many nice, friendly Thais (men and women) but it's really difficult to forget the rotten ones.

Edited by morpho
  • Like 1

when entering Singapore it takes seconds for the customs to look at ones Passport. they also offer a sweet to freshen the mouth and wish you a pleasant stay.

what is it with Thais?

The video has been on the Thai Visa news through the day.

Obviously there is much more to this story than is relayed in the article. I will reserve judgment on both parties until a more credible account is made.

Seriously?

Again even if the guy was really doing a runner, there is no justification for what happened to him.

Dude...he wasn't on a baht bus okay!

Even if you can find it, how is it relevant to this thread?

eeeerrrrrmmm, aggresive behaviour by thais against tourists. dose that help your simple thinking?

Seriously?

Dude...he wasn't on a baht bus okay!

is there some relevance to your comment

Nothing 'obvious' at all. Just your opinion.

Yes, it is just an opinion...as is every other post here unless someone was actually at the bar and witnesses what happened. I mean, you can't tell anything from the bare-bones of this "news" report. However, my opinion is based on my lived experience of Thailand for 15 years and never having been beat up by anyone, Thai or farang, while drinking at any type of adult entertainment establishment (even in the raunchy straight ones). I've also had need on many occasions to step out to the nearest ATM and top-up my funds in order to pay my bin and again, never been assaulted by anyone. I guess I just lead a charmed life or this fella is just plain unlucky.

Typical story really. One idiot maybe starts something he can't finish. The fragile egoed males are hovering in the background as their women carouse with other men then jump at the chance to vent a bit and beat a lone man into unconsciousness. No wonder their women work bars as they're clearly not man enough to satisfy them.

Just waiting for the apologists to start blaming the tourist......

It's obvious really.

The tourist made the bar thugs "Feel Sad".

Usually some fat cockney geezer what is married to a bird called Noi and has a couple of kids that he hasn't noticed are too dark skinned to be actually his. smile.png

Although I find the main story shocking and disgusting, the above quote is the funniest thing I've read all week. Helped by the fact that in the guy/girl scenario I am aware of, the girl's name IS Noi. But the guy's not a Brit.

I hope the bar owner and moron are both charged and responsible for all medical expenses plus plus plus .... Land of Smiles my <deleted> !!!

I would suggest that the tourist was a bit thick going out to a bar with £12 in his pocket. ALTHOUGH I agree that the guard was stupid.

If you read the attached article it suggests that Pattaya is like the wild west and that is very unfair and untrue

what is it with Thais?

I think it's to do with being retarded

Yes, it is just an opinion...as is every other post here unless someone was actually at the bar and witnesses what happened. I mean, you can't tell anything from the bare-bones of this "news" report. However, my opinion is based on my lived experience of Thailand for 15 years and never having been beat up by anyone, Thai or farang, while drinking at any type of adult entertainment establishment (even in the raunchy straight ones). I've also had need on many occasions to step out to the nearest ATM and top-up my funds in order to pay my bin and again, never been assaulted by anyone. I guess I just lead a charmed life or this fella is just plain unlucky.

Please don' take this the wrong way. But perhaps those same men would have not felt threatened or felt that their manhood was being questioned by a less manly man. i mean more feminine in nature

Please don' take this the wrong way. But perhaps those same men would have not felt threatened or felt that their manhood was being questioned by a less manly man. i mean more feminine in nature

So you are now admitting that it was likely this fella was threatening the Thais or in some sort of confrontation with them...so now we have at least the possibility of self-defense on the part of the Thais. Now we're getting somewhere.

Very lucky he didn't die ,5 blokes giving you a shoeing on the deck,, Only need one kick in the wrong place and you are gone

Love to see some justice , either from the police or the security guard getting smashed up[/quote

Yes very true I got to this bar lastnite after it had happened I heard a differnt story but who's to say but the thais are spineless one day some crazy foreigner will tear them apart out numbered or not maybe he will be packing something if the heat gets too high ???

• Like 1

Sometimes when I approach a group of motorbike taxi guys I get the distinct feeling they would be more than happy to give me a beating, just from how they look at me, especially - in fact usually - when I am well dressed.

A lot of low class, or poorly educated Thai males are cowards, but they are jealous too with a huge inferiority complex. With some of them, just being friendly and trying to speak some Thai simply leads to feeling uncomfortable as they all have a good old joke amongst themselves at your expense.

The vast majority of Thais are either genuinely friendly or completely indifferent though.

• Like 1