Embarrassed To Admit.........

Maverick

I live in Naklua, and recently had my parents visit me. We spent almost the full month in Pattaya and enloyed pretty much every minute. Hard for people to believe i'm not here for the seedy side of town though!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost married a BG, broke my heart and I still come back for more. Proud to say I love Pattaya, not long now and I'll be moving there for good. Beats the shit out of Wrexham, N.Wales any day :o

But up 'til now you've been able to go and watch Liverpool.

That may be difficult when you have to pay double price without a Thai ID.

as a frequent visitor and long term stayer in pattaya my perception is that the only publicity it gets outside of thailand is related to its sex industry. the other wonderful tourist attractions dont get a mention so when you say you are going to pattaya the immediate reaction is "sex tourist". I have met many women/couples who have holidayed there and been greatly surprised at just what the area has to offer.

No, I am not ashamed to say stay there but I nearly always have to defend the reasons I go there.

as a frequent visitor and long term stayer in pattaya my perception is that the only publicity it gets outside of thailand is related to its sex industry. the other wonderful tourist attractions dont get a mention so when you say you are going to pattaya the immediate reaction is "sex tourist". I have met many women/couples who have holidayed there and been greatly surprised at just what the area has to offer.

No, I am not ashamed to say stay there but I nearly always have to defend the reasons I go there.

I've never been. Could someone please tell me about the other great things the city has to offer?

I've never been. Could someone please tell me about the other great things the city has to offer?

Golf courses - by the dozen.

Walk-through aquarium

Beach and sea - Jomtien or the outlying islands

Pattaya Park (water park)

Nong Nooch - Thai village theme park

Sri Racha Tiger Zoo

Para-gliding and Gliding

Various theme parks (Million year stone park, crocodile farm, elephant area, so on)

Good shopping (but BKK is better for up-market goods)

Many good restaurants and hotels

Me :o

I live in Pattaya and have since 1993. I moved from BKK to escape the smog, traffic, heat and wanted the ability to reach a golf course in under two hours. I own a home off of Siam Country Club Road and wouldn't live anywhere else.

All you do-gooders out there can tell your friends what you want. As for me, I would rather tell somebody I lived in Pattaya than that I lived in San Francisco.

I've been a few times for family holidays to Pattaya. Good beach, hotels, plenty to do. Not been to the girlie bars there tho.

Maybe buy a condo there - it's within an easy day's drive from our village in Issaan.

Funny you should say that Dave, I heard there was a pretty good Daily English language TV program on cable TV in Pattaya. :o:D

On behalf of all the members, especially those that live in the Pattaya/Chon Buri region and of course Admin/Mods, welcome to the forum PCN...

We look forward to developing a mutually beneficial relationship.

PM me if you have anything you want to discuss.

Cheers

tukyleith

Cheers Dave,

If I have my way, it will remain that way for as long as we are on air......just look at the alternatives :o

Tukylieth,

Please change your username, it is far too complicated for me to write every time :D

Everyone else,

If there are any questions about any news stories in Pattaya, you only have to ask. Due to time limitations on TV I can't always go into too much detail in the stories.

Finally, and here comes the obvious sneaky promotion bit for my website, you can always go to www.pattayacitynews.net and catch up with a selection of stories (with pictures) that we feature on the show.

Edited by tukyleith

I know who this <deleted> is as well. Trying to take the heat off your sad posts before are u? The ones where you got slated for being a hobbybobby in a country where you have no right to be. Trying to win new friends by lying about what you do for enjoyment? How davethiland can be friendly towards you is beyond me when you are snooping around bars catching out the farang owners, when he is a bar owner himself. Traitor to his trade if you ask me.

With its reputation for seedy nightlife and rampant crime in central Pattaya do you admit to living in Pattaya or do you say 'i live in Jomtien' or 'i live in Bang Saray' when asked or do you just not give a hoot.

I try not to go overboard admitting i'm a Pattaya ex-pat, but i'm relieved whenever I get back from vacating outside Pattaya as it's never dull living in the City of Sin.

It always cracks me up when I see the sticker's (randomly stuck on light pillars) put up on second road which read's:

''The Wages of Sin is Death''

Could explain in some fashion why there is an alarming increase in violent deaths around the City, well just possibly...

Thaimee. :o

I know who this <deleted> is as well. Trying to take the heat off your sad posts before are u? The ones where you got slated for being a hobbybobby in a country where you have no right to be. Trying to win new friends by lying about what you do for enjoyment? How davethiland can be friendly towards you is beyond me when you are snooping around bars catching out the farang owners, when he is a bar owner himself. Traitor to his trade if you ask me.

I did'nt ask for your opinion, you can think what you like, i'm not part of the all bars together gang, i look after no 1.

Howard and the volunteer police don't bother me or my business so i have no reason to complain about them.

cheers for the concern. we have certain people that keep an eye on us and are there if we need them, the volunteers never come into the club, they have no reason to, i have a full work permit and we don't have nudity or overly rowdy drunk customers. i'll stick my neck out here and say i think the police know that unless its 2am theres no reason to check the club. the doors are glass and you can see everything inside so we've nothing to hide.

don't worry though i'm not stupid enough to believe that everything is secure and perfect.