Embarrassed To Admit.........

Maverick

cutethaigirl

just sums up the intelligence of local news reporters don't it? The thing is in thier own country they would be employed doing what they're doing here. Not just our friend here, they are all the same, Pattaya People News and Pattaya Mail News, get these unprofessional news readers who aren't even native English speakers sometimes reading (hahaha) the news. Thank god for UBC.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cutethaigirl

just sums up the intelligence of local news reporters don't it? The thing is in thier own country they would be employed doing what they're doing here. Not just our friend here, they are all the same, Pattaya People News and Pattaya Mail News, get these unprofessional news readers who aren't even native English speakers sometimes reading (hahaha) the news. Thank god for UBC.

Aussiefella,

What is wrong with non native english newsreaders in a non english speaking country?

Hey Aussie fella,

If you want to come and read my news for a day, come on down if you think you can do a better job. Could make for an interesting time. For your information I spent 10 years in the Media in England which included working on local Radio and voice over work for TV Commercials. I am too ugly to show my face on TV in England. :o

Somehow though I think you lack the Intestinal Fortitude to take me up on my offer??

global moderator sir :D

Its wrong because the news is presented in English for English speaking persons. When you get some other nationality attempting to speak in English, it don't sound right and is difficult for the non native speakers, like Thais to understand whats going on.

My Thai shelia (who speaks good English by the way), is forever saying to me "what they say?" as she can't get whats being said. Not that I'm trying to win a friend, as I'm not, but she don't have a problem with MR Howard (the volunteer :o (sorry couldn't help myself)), as he is a native speaker and attempts to speak the Queens English.

Well Mr. Aussie Fella,

Thank you wife or gf (not sure of the exact translation of "Shiela" - sorry couldn't resist that!!) for the compliment. First of all I wouldn't pay you a penny because I am not permitted to employ another ferrang without a valid work permit (please take note any immigration officers reading this). I have absolutely no problems with Australians, infact I have many Australian friends in Pattaya. Finally, I sense you are now trying to become civil with me so an apology for your first attacking post about me which contained many baseless comments and non-truths might be a good step in us "starting again" - so to speak, and communicating as two mature adults. What do you think??

I'm not going to apologise to you. I said clearly I was not trying to win a friend in you.

I was just stating that you were the best of a bad bunch and don't let that go to your head. Your programme will report a story and so will PPN for example, same story different versions, why? Point in case, you reported a story about a gogo bar being raided off Sunnee Plaza, you reported Tourist police raid a sex show with a man and woman (you enjoy undercover work I gather :o) PPN report another gay bar raided showing sex shows. Same bar, same incident different story. Who's telling the truth?

BTW, I have noticed over the last couple of days many references to Tourist Police and VOLUNTEERS scoring fantastic results in busting gogo bars, stopping drug dealers and all maner of other wonderful things. Is it because you've fallen out of favour and having to score brownie points? Or is it because the big brown cheese, the head man was down, and you are after promotion so arse licking is called for? Oh! I almost forgot. Noticed you in one of the shots folloeing a raid, trying to hide?

Now don't get me wrong, nothing evil intended in my questions, just interested!

Oh well Aussie Fella I was probably hoping too much. You saw me in a picture after a raid, interesting statement, can you back it up with any evidence. This thing about me conducting raids is getting boring. You do write a lot of s hit you must be either drunk or be consuming some sort of less-than-legal medicine.

ANYWAY WILL THIS POST EVER RETURN BACK TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC OR IS IT GOING THE WAY OF EVERY THREAD, WAY OFF COURSE?