Thailand backpacker death: Christina Annesley in mystery death on double Brit-murder island

Lite Beer

I also heard the same as Pink Panther in that local journalists reported that the lady was discovered dead in none other than In touch resort, owned by the infamous Mon.. Obviously some sources TV forum approve of to confirm are thin on the ground. In time I think, although incredibly odd with the delay in the reporting considering the ongoing KT case with the Burmese lads

Yes CSI were first with the news through their contacts on KT, 9 hours ago, and sure its them that have said she was found naked in the resort owned by Mon, "In Touch" Local officials are saying its a drug overdose according to them. Yea of course what else............

Would you take drugs if you felt unwell and had just spent 3,000bht w00t.gif on antibiotics?

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also heard the same as Pink Panther in that local journalists reported that the lady was discovered dead in none other than In touch resort, owned by the infamous Mon.. Obviously some sources TV forum approve of to confirm are thin on the ground. In time I think, although incredibly odd with the delay in the reporting considering the ongoing KT case with the Burmese lads

Yes CSI were first with the news through their contacts on KT, 9 hours ago, and sure its them that have said she was found naked in the resort owned by Mon, "In Touch" Local officials are saying its a drug overdose according to them. Yea of course what else............

Would you take drugs if you felt unwell and had just spent 3,000bht w00t.gif on antibiotics?

No but may be you would when you feel lonely on a party island.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/christina-annesley-dead-live-updates-5023640

Christina posted a photo to her Instagram four days ago talking about how she was feeling 'lonely'.

Just to be clear, this is not the 3rd death but the 5th in around a year. There was a British guy who mysteriously died around Christmas 2013. Lets not forget the french guy last month who 'hung himself' after tying his hands together.

This is a small island and the probability of 5 foreigners murdered/ disappeared/died under mysterious circumstances must be fairly astronomical.

You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to detect a pattern here.

And not forgetting the Swiss diver whose autopsy results have not been made publlc =6

An island with a registered population of less than 2000 and six suspicious deaths of visitors in 1 year?

Apparently, the French Consulate are also searching for 1 of their citizens.

Yannick DeBruille has been missing since 5th Jan, last seen on Koh Tao where he had been staying since late November for a dive course.

Anyone seen or know the guy ?

Brits and Frogs dropping like flys on the rock !

What else.......may be

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/christina-annesley-dead-live-updates-5023640

'Died of natural causes'

We are hearing that tragic Christina is thought to have died of natural causes.

The 23-year-old, who was well known in political circles, was on a four month trip around South East Asia when she passed away.

The Foreign Office has confirmed the death of a British National in Thailand and is providing support to the family.

Lets hoped thats actually confirmed by an autopsy first , but thanks for the update

Distasteful speculation from those with their own agendas. Why not just wait for the facts?

Good idea,.

Now who do you suppose will be feeding us the so called facts?

The magnificent RTP 7 who police the island?

Who in turn will be told what to say by the family that runs the island.

What else.......may be

'Died of natural causes'

The 23-year-old, who was well known in political circles, was on a four month trip around South East Asia when she passed away.

The Foreign Office has confirmed the death of a British National in Thailand and is providing support to the family.

Lets hoped thats actually confirmed by an autopsy first , but thanks for the update

You should have a look at that page, it gets constantly updated.

Yannick DeBruille has been missing since 5th Jan, last seen on Koh Tao where he had been staying since late November for a dive course.

Strange that you know about because "Yannick DeBruille thailand" in google gives not a single result.

What else.......may be

'Died of natural causes'

Starting with the headline Died of natural causes is typical of your apologist stance and unwillingness to accept any criticism of the authorities.

THOUGHT is a big word.

Nobody KNOWS yet.

Lets leave the headlines until we have credible autopsy results.

Maybe never if left up to this country to perform.

What else.......may be

'Died of natural causes'

Starting with the headline Died of natural causes is typical of your apologist stance and unwillingness to accept any criticism of the authorities.

THOUGHT is a big word.

Nobody KNOWS yet.

Lets leave the headlines until we have credible autopsy results.

Maybe never if left up to this country to perform.

But in the mean time start the conspiracy theories, right ?

Ok, MURDER , MURDER, MURDER.

Can I now be a member of your club?

23-Year-Old British Tourist Found Dead on Koh Tao

Christina-Annesley-main.jpg

Tragic: Christina, left, was found dead on the same island where David and Hannah were killed

SURAT THANI — A 23-year-old British tourist was found dead in her bungalow yesterday on the southern island of Koh Tao, where two British backpackers were brutally murdered last September.

The woman, who British media have identified as Christina Annesley, was found dead in her bungalow on Haat Sai Ri Beach, the same beach that the bodies of British tourists David Miller, 24, and Hannah Witheridge, 23, were found on in September 2014.

A police officer, who asked not to be named, said there was no apparent wounds on the deceased's body. There was also no sign of intrusion or theft in her bungalow, according to the officer. Her body has been sent to Surat Thani Hospital for autopsy, he said.

The officer added that the bungalow is owned by Montriwat Toowichian, the same man who managed the bar where Miller and Witheridge were last seen on the night of 14 September, hours before their deaths.

According to British media, a Foreign Office spokesperson confirmed the death of a British national in Thailand.

"We are providing consular assistance to the family at this difficult time," the spokesperson was quoted as saying.

Two Burmese migrant workers are currently being held in prison on charges of murdering Miller and Witheridge. The two suspects have plead innocent.

The grisly deaths of the two Britons last year made headlines around the globe and damaged Koh Tao's reputation as a popular diving destination for foreigners.

-- Khaoasot 2015-01-22

Distasteful speculation from those with their own agendas. Why not just wait for the facts?

It would be good if the true facts were revealed.....but you've been in Thailand for some time......you know well what genuine factual news from this, and other islands in the region, is rarely published.....it's the usual crap from the RTP........

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Did the two Burmese sneak out of jail and go back to the island or is there another explanation ?

We wait more news.

Their in a meeting now deciding what story they can come up with this time. They've ruled out suicide as they used that last time so no doubt they'll plump for self administered drug overdose and keep their fingers crossed that no one questions them this time.

Gang of four are also in a strategy meeting to see the best way to deflect any possible critisizm of the up and coming cover up investigation

Add, have the forensic experts already examined the body, the scene etc?

Or will they be called in 3 months time?

Those twuntards in the AC bar must really hate Europeans, Brits in particular it seems. RIP young lady, my heart goes out to your family. It's about time the UK put a campaign together warning people of the risks involved if they decide to visit this island.

" It's about time the UK put a campaign together warning people of the risks involved if they decide to visit this island."

Not the UK only - every country in the world

What else.......may be

'Died of natural causes'

Think you better look at the updates again, obviously live updates are not what I would call reliable, the previous one for unnatural causes has disappeared

It's amazing how so many of you jump to conclusions without knowing anything.

I feel the two Burmese are scapegoats, but this poor young girl could have died for any number of reasons. No details of the cause of death.

Let's just wait, hope and pray that there is no foul play.

For whatever reason she died

it is DEATH ISLAND if not murder island

and it has to be avoided

A women gets sick and dies in Thailand, nothing to suggest any foul play ... this to many posters is proof positive of foul play. Run to facebook pages and and other conspiracy based delusional social media posters to get up on the latest conspiracy theories and start spreading them fast in numbers because it will not be long before the non-nutters start pointing out the reality which includes her own tweets before her death about being ill after two weeks of solid drinking and needing to spend around 3,000 baht for antibiotic treatment.

Nothing to suspect foul play by any reasonable person but too many posters know better and know reasonable thinking doesn't help promote their internet detective skills or spread their hateful insecure agenda.

It's amazing how so many of you jump to conclusions without knowing anything.

I feel the two Burmese are scapegoats, but this poor young girl could have died for any number of reasons. No details of the cause of death.

Let's just wait, hope and pray that there is no foul play.

For whatever reason she died

it is DEATH ISLAND if not murder island

and it has to be avoided

And bet you make fun of Thais that believe in ghosts because that is illogical but "death island" isn't.

What else.......may be

'Died of natural causes'

Think you better look at the updates again, obviously live updates are not what I would call reliable, the previous one for unnatural causes has disappeared

No it hasn't, it's at the bottom of the page, but if you consider CSI LA more reliable, up to you.

2:40 pm
'Died of natural causes'

Come on, let the conspiracy games start.

Anyone cared to read some news that may not be so favoring for a murder conspiracy?

Christina 'had felt unwell'

It appears from her Twitter feed, that tragic Christina had been feeling unwell in the days before her death.

She wrote in one post: "Great, just as I finally make friends I have to shell out £60 for antibiotics and now can't afford to go out with them. <deleted> everything."

On Saturday she remarked how "two weeks of solid drinking" had left her feeling unwell.

Agree with you there. Your link is dead, but the Evening Standard is speculating that her death may have been due to natural causes.

A British backpacker has died on a Thai holiday island.

====

British backpacker Christina Annesley dies on Thai holiday island Koh Tao

Christina Annesley, from Orpington in south London, was found dead yesterday on the paradise island of Koh Tao.

The 23-year-old is believed to have been visiting Thailand as part of a four-month tour of south-east Asia.

A Foreign Office spokesman said: "We can confirm the death of a British National in Thailand on 21 January 2014.

"We are providing consular assistance to the family at this difficult time."

The cause of her death was not immediately clear although it is believed she may have died from natural causes.

Days before she died she posted pictures of her holiday on Twitter.

"In awe of how beautiful this place is," she wrote next to one.

On Monday she wrote: "Great, just as I finally make friends I have to shell out £60 for antibiotics and now can't afford to go out with them."

The Young Britons' Foundation, a Conservative group with which Ms Annesley was affiliated, hailed her as a "wonderful girl" with "strong libertarian principles".

In a statement, the organisation said: "I am sorry to inform supporters of the Young Britons’ Foundation that Christina Annesley has died while on holiday.

"Christina attended a number of YBF conferences having already achieved a level of notoriety for her strong libertarian views while at Leeds University. Christina was a wonderful girl of strong libertarian principles, who made great waves amongst all of us who were lucky enough to know her.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends at this tragic time. RIP."

She studied history at Leeds University and was a former vice-chairman of Yorkshire Young Independence, as well as a former chairman of Leeds Conservative Future.

She was also a member of Ukip, and described herself as "very libertarian" and "anarcho-capitalist".

Last year two British tourists were murdered on the island. The trial of two men charged over the murders began last month.

-- Evening Standard 2015-01-22

Strange that you know about because "Yannick DeBruille thailand" in google gives not a single result.

That is why my post started with the word 'apparently'...

It was a French friend who posted the message on his Facebook page, with a photo of alleged missing person.

Maybe the name was misspelled ?

Just adding it into the mix...

A women gets sick and dies in Thailand, nothing to suggest any foul play ... this to many posters is proof positive of foul play. Run to facebook pages and and other conspiracy based delusional social media posters to get up on the latest conspiracy theories and start spreading them fast in numbers because it will not be long before the non-nutters start pointing out the reality which includes her own tweets before her death about being ill after two weeks of solid drinking and needing to spend around 3,000 baht for antibiotic treatment.

Nothing to suspect foul play by any reasonable person but too many posters know better and know reasonable thinking doesn't help promote their internet detective skills or spread their hateful insecure agenda.

Nothing to suspect foul play but very mysterious for any reasonable person JTJ, Reports of another mysterious death of a Brit tourist on Thai holiday island of Koh Tao.

twitter.com/andylines

And don't forget it was your so called "delusional social media posters" who broke this story first 9 hours ago.

That is why my post started with the word 'apparently'...

It was a French friend who posted the message on his Facebook page, with a photo of alleged missing person.

Maybe the name was misspelled ?

Just adding it into the mix...

"Apparently" the French Friend, who "apparently" doesn't know how to spell his friend's name, must work for the French Consulate ... otherwise why would it be appear to you the French Consulate was looking for somebody just because Facebook poster was?

Archived