Thailand backpacker death: Christina Annesley in mystery death on double Brit-murder island

Lite Beer

Anthony5 #55

No it hasn't, it's at the bottom of the page, but if you consider CSI LA more reliable, up to you.

2:40 pm

'Died of natural causes'
You state its at the bottom of the page???

Bottom of what page, whats the link???? this ones broken no longer there http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/christina-annesley-dead-live-updates-5023640

& the main report has nothing about natural death as a cause http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/thailand-backpacker-death-christina-annesley-5023195

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumour is that the victims body was found in an area of a resort which is owned by the same people as the now infamous AC Bar.

No idea if it's true but that's what I've heard.

I used to visit there regularly and go scuba diving- it lost it's appeal some years ago when the diving quality deteriorated. There has always been 2 main mafias 'running' the island, and I heard from locals I knew there of many stories of goings on and I stopped visiting. Shame: it was once a much more beautiful and less- commercial island. Not sure the exact number, but it has only been inhabited for something like 20 years: not worth visiting any more.

A women gets sick and dies in Thailand, nothing to suggest any foul play ... this to many posters is proof positive of foul play. Run to facebook pages and and other conspiracy based delusional social media posters to get up on the latest conspiracy theories and start spreading them fast in numbers because it will not be long before the non-nutters start pointing out the reality which includes her own tweets before her death about being ill after two weeks of solid drinking and needing to spend around 3,000 baht for antibiotic treatment.

Nothing to suspect foul play by any reasonable person but too many posters know better and know reasonable thinking doesn't help promote their internet detective skills or spread their hateful insecure agenda.

Nothing to suspect foul play but very mysterious for any reasonable person JTJ, Reports of another mysterious death of a Brit tourist on Thai holiday island of Koh Tao.

twitter.com/andylines

And don't forget it was your so called "delusional social media posters" who broke this story first 9 hours ago.

Broke what story? Reporting on what appears to be a natural death before all the facts are in and possibly before loved ones are contacted and using this girls death and photos to conjure up thoughts of mysteries, conspiracies and fear because they are gossiping about something they have no facts about but rather just recklessly posting crap to spread their agenda with complete disregard for getting facts first or concerned that loved ones my not have been notified yet.

Apparently, the French Consulate are also searching for 1 of their citizens.

Yannick DeBruille has been missing since 5th Jan, last seen on Koh Tao where he had been staying since late November for a dive course.

Anyone seen or know the guy ?

Brits and Frogs dropping like flys on the rock !

Strange that you know about because "Yannick DeBruille thailand" in google gives not a single result.

That is why my post started with the word 'apparently'...

It was a French friend who posted the message on his Facebook page, with a photo of alleged missing person.

Maybe the name was misspelled ?

Just adding it into the mix...

"Apparently" the French Friend, who "apparently" doesn't know how to spell his friend's name, must work for the French Consulate ... otherwise why would it be appear to you the French Consulate was looking for somebody just because Facebook poster was?

Because my friend posted that the French Consulate was looking for this guy.

I'm waiting to hear from him as to where the info came from.

So apparently my friend might not even know the guy who is apparently missing, he just posted the info.

We shall see.

Well actually it can be called Death Island, as it is an island, and a lot of people seem to

mysteriously die there. But I do agree, whoever is doing the killing, is certainly targeting

tourists. So......I guess that means the killer / killers are local people. I am pretty sure

at this point that if this death is proven to be a murder, that will in essence be the end of

tourism there. So at that point the island will revert back to whatever it was

before tourism.

Anthony5 #55

No it hasn't, it's at the bottom of the page, but if you consider CSI LA more reliable, up to you.

'Died of natural causes'

Bottom of what page, whats the link???? this ones broken no longer there http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/christina-annesley-dead-live-updates-5023640

& the main report has nothing about natural death as a cause http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/thailand-backpacker-death-christina-annesley-5023195

For some reason the story was removed. Do you suggest I should take responsibility for it ?

Come on, let the conspiracy games start.

Anyone cared to read some news that may not be so favoring for a murder conspiracy?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/christina-annesley-dead-live-updates-5023640

Christina 'had felt unwell'

It appears from her Twitter feed, that tragic Christina had been feeling unwell in the days before her death.

She wrote in one post: "Great, just as I finally make friends I have to shell out £60 for antibiotics and now can't afford to go out with them. <deleted> everything."

On Saturday she remarked how "two weeks of solid drinking" had left her feeling unwell.

Well actually it can be called Death Island, as it is an island, and a lot of people seem to

mysteriously die there. But I do agree, whoever is doing the killing, is certainly targeting

tourists. So......I guess that means the killer / killers are local people.

JohnThailandJohn will be along very shortly for your attitude adjustment.

What is wrong with these foreigners, especially British, unless have a death wish, STAY AWAY from this island simple at that

but her own statement on twitter of drinking non-stop for two weeks certainly was less risky behavior ... but maybe she didn't actually write this and it was the son of some island headsman a thousand miles away all part of a conspiracy by the powerful and police in Thailand who fear his family so much they need to help him continue his serial killing spree.

Damn! I used to follow her on Twitter. She tweeted as @christinadarling, and was a very intelligent and quite politically opinionated young woman. And very funny too. She came across as a slightly dippy but very nice young girl. She was well liked and had lots of followers. Expect a reaction somewhat stronger than the one to the other poor couple who died recently. I have a feeling that hit-the-fan.gifhit-the-fan.gifhit-the-fan.gif this time.

RIP Christina. You were much too young.

What is wrong with these foreigners, especially British, unless have a death wish, STAY AWAY from this island simple at that

but her own statement on twitter of drinking non-stop for two weeks certainly was less risky behavior ... but maybe she didn't actually write this and it was the son of some island headsman a thousand miles away all part of a conspiracy by the powerful and police in Thailand who fear his family so much they need to help him continue his serial killing spree.

Are you on their payroll John :)

A women gets sick and dies in Thailand, nothing to suggest any foul play ... this to many posters is proof positive of foul play. Run to facebook pages and and other conspiracy based delusional social media posters to get up on the latest conspiracy theories and start spreading them fast in numbers because it will not be long before the non-nutters start pointing out the reality which includes her own tweets before her death about being ill after two weeks of solid drinking and needing to spend around 3,000 baht for antibiotic treatment.

Nothing to suspect foul play by any reasonable person but too many posters know better and know reasonable thinking doesn't help promote their internet detective skills or spread their hateful insecure agenda.

Nothing to suspect foul play but very mysterious for any reasonable person JTJ, Reports of another mysterious death of a Brit tourist on Thai holiday island of Koh Tao.

twitter.com/andylines

And don't forget it was your so called "delusional social media posters" who broke this story first 9 hours ago.

Broke what story? Reporting on what appears to be a natural death before all the facts are in and possibly before loved ones are contacted and using this girls death and photos to conjure up thoughts of mysteries, conspiracies and fear because they are gossiping about something they have no facts about but rather just recklessly posting crap to spread their agenda with complete disregard for getting facts first or concerned that loved ones my not have been notified yet.

What a load of bull you talk, CSI reported an alleged death more than 9 hours ago, nothing more and since then have been waiting for credible reports before speculating further. They have put up no photos or even speculated, why not check them out before you accuse, sounds more logical then attempting to discredit them without even looking at what they wrote

I also heard the same as Pink Panther in that local journalists reported that the lady was discovered dead in none other than In touch resort, owned by the infamous Mon.. Obviously some sources TV forum approve of to confirm are thin on the ground. In time I think, although incredibly odd with the delay in the reporting considering the ongoing KT case with the Burmese lads

Yes CSI were first with the news through their contacts on KT, 9 hours ago, and sure its them that have said she was found naked in the resort owned by Mon, "In Touch" Local officials are saying its a drug overdose according to them. Yea of course what else............

What else.......may be

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/christina-annesley-dead-live-updates-5023640

'Died of natural causes'

We are hearing that tragic Christina is thought to have died of natural causes.

The 23-year-old, who was well known in political circles, was on a four month trip around South East Asia when she passed away.

The Foreign Office has confirmed the death of a British National in Thailand and is providing support to the family.

Lets hoped thats actually confirmed by an autopsy first , but thanks for the update

Confirmed by an autopsy ?? so we need another bogus autopsy that never has any results and never proves anything ... Ouf ! Why does this keep happening... Why do the parents not insist on the body being immediately brought back to UK and Autopsy done there ... not here !!

Anthony5 #55

'Died of natural causes'

For some reason the story was removed. Do you suggest I should take responsibility for it ?

Did I suggest you take responsibility for it, strange man

JohnThailandJohn will be along very shortly for your attitude adjustment.

Haha maybe that is another forum name for the IslandLife guy. He was always pretty

funny in his knee jerk defense of all things relating to Koh Tao and farangs mysteriously

dying there .

A Foreign and Commonwealth Office spokesperson said: "We can confirm the death of a British National in Thailand on 21 January 2014."

Another murder? Impossible, Thais never kill anybody according to the village chief and RTP, probably suicide like the french guy who hanged himself with his arms tied behind his back.

Seriously, when is somebody on KT come forward and point out the killer(s)?

Another day, another death in Koh Tao, so that is 4 deaths of tourists in less than a 6 month period...

How do you know the total is 4? I dunno but for me I know for everything in life we hear a little but more is goin on and that what has happened for decades just coming to light from modern media like TV and also from the very profile nationalities murdered

I think I understand the thai mentality well enough to expect negligence such as CSI being called days later or not limiting the crime scene etc. But why doesn't somebody (or more people) loose their job when the same mistakes happen over and over again?

Confirmed she died in accommodation owned by Mon

A police officer, who asked not to be named, said there was no apparent wounds on the deceased's body. There was also no sign of intrusion or theft in her bungalow, according to the officer. Her body has been sent to Surat Thani Hospital for autopsy, he said.

The officer added that the bungalow is owned by Montriwat Toowichian, the same man who managed the bar where Miller and Witheridge were last seen on the night of 14 September, hours before their deaths. http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1421937876

What are the a lot of mystery deaths? Two brutal murders with suspects whose sperm was found in one victim and whose dna was found at the crime scene? A sick girl who appears to have died of naturally but just plain idioitc to cause it a mystery at this point simply because it just happened and you don't know the circumstances yet ... extremely drunk person drowning ... diving accident ... suicide

It is no mystery why the sun is hot unless you just want to pretend there is one and ignore the science and cast doubt on the credibility of anyone who has actually researched the subject.

Has there been a cluster of deaths, yup. Would the majority of them have made the news had their not been the brutal murders that can happen anywhere in the world at any time ... probably not. Certainly appears to be a lot of recent deaths but not seeing much mystery unless you simply choose to want to believe mystery and disregard reality. Might not even be a lot of deaths as Thailand has a lot of vices that can bring on depression from money to love woes, attracts both the old and hard party people and in much of the country you are not babysat by authorities to keep you safe and drunks get on bikes or go swimming and others choose to take their own life just like somebody does each day in Las Vegas, another place of vices attracting many less than stable people. Tragic yes, mystery not.

Although it looks suspicious..Sometimes serious people who commit suicide try and bind their own hands in order to keep them from saving themselves. This is mostly done with some sort of mechanical restraint though. It's not uncommon for people to commit suicide during or after one final "blowout". Sort of a farewell party for themselves. I guess my point is sometimes it's only just suicide. Nothing any more sinister.

What are the a lot of mystery deaths? Two brutal murders with suspects whose sperm was found in one victim and whose dna was found at the crime scene? A sick girl who appears to have died of naturally but just plain idioitc to cause it a mystery at this point simply because it just happened and you don't know the circumstances yet ... extremely drunk person drowning ... diving accident ... suicide

It is no mystery why the sun is hot unless you just want to pretend there is one and ignore the science and cast doubt on the credibility of anyone who has actually researched the subject.

Has there been a cluster of deaths, yup. Would the majority of them have made the news had their not been the brutal murders that can happen anywhere in the world at any time ... probably not. Certainly appears to be a lot of recent deaths but not seeing much mystery unless you simply choose to want to believe mystery and disregard reality. Might not even be a lot of deaths as Thailand has a lot of vices that can bring on depression from money to love woes, attracts both the old and hard party people and in much of the country you are not babysat by authorities to keep you safe and drunks get on bikes or go swimming and others choose to take their own life just like somebody does each day in Las Vegas, another place of vices attracting many less than stable people. Tragic yes, mystery not.

Where do you live John ?

Do you have a business on KT by any chance ?

Archived