Thailand backpacker death: Christina Annesley in mystery death on double Brit-murder island

Lite Beer

this whole serial killer nonsense is only being talked about with you guys on here, There were 2 murders in september, which were handled very badly buy the police, but that doesn't mean there is a 'protected' nutter roaming the streets praying on tourists..thats a bit far fetched.

can you honestly say that in the big picture of things that a family form a tiny island in the gulf of thailand would be allowed to tarnish the whole reputation of Thailand on a global scale?? i very much doubt this.

There are too many mysterious deaths there. Some are obviously murders, some are questionable. We already know we can't rely on Thai cops to do an adept job at crime investigations. Two main reasons: #1. They're inept #2. They can only say/do/think what they're directed to say/do/think from the top.

Are the deaths (beyond David's and Hanna's) connected ? None of us knows, but indications are; there are some 'jai dam' (black-hearted) men roaming around, and the cops can't touch 'em, even if they wanted to - which it appears they don't.

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well , maybe the local media never asked for the final autopsy results ? It's not really hard for any journalist working at the island to contact them for an official report. Or maybe they think its not news worthy?

Mayor complains about British press reports. You would think they would want to publish the report to discredit the negative press.

Come on, let the conspiracy games start.

Anyone cared to read some news that may not be so favoring for a murder conspiracy?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/christina-annesley-dead-live-updates-5023640

Christina 'had felt unwell'

It appears from her Twitter feed, that tragic Christina had been feeling unwell in the days before her death.

She wrote in one post: "Great, just as I finally make friends I have to shell out £60 for antibiotics and now can't afford to go out with them. <deleted> everything."

On Saturday she remarked how "two weeks of solid drinking" had left her feeling unwell.

I've read warnings of the potential for fake meds being sold, sometimes unbeknownst to those selling them. Hopefully that is not the case here. I don't recall reading of any antibiotic-alcohol mix that could be life threatening, but perhaps there are.

Come on, let the conspiracy games start.

Anyone cared to read some news that may not be so favoring for a murder conspiracy?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/christina-annesley-dead-live-updates-5023640

Christina 'had felt unwell'

It appears from her Twitter feed, that tragic Christina had been feeling unwell in the days before her death.

She wrote in one post: "Great, just as I finally make friends I have to shell out £60 for antibiotics and now can't afford to go out with them. <deleted> everything."

On Saturday she remarked how "two weeks of solid drinking" had left her feeling unwell.

I've read warnings of the potential for fake meds being sold, sometimes unbeknownst to those selling them. Hopefully that is not the case here. I don't recall reading of any antibiotic-alcohol mix that could be life threatening, but perhaps there are.

She also stated on her twitter she was taking Xanax and Tramadol. as well as drinking a lot. The BK Post also recently reported that it appears she had a chronic illness. This would be inline with the mother's initial statement regarding believing the death was from natural causes.

Antibiotics / Alcohol mixing ... http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/consumer-health/expert-answers/antibiotics-and-alcohol/faq-20057946

Seems Social Media Detectives have done another good job at making a tragedy more painful for the family as the mother now has gone from saying her daughter died of natural causes to fearing a cover-up.. http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/mother-of-backpacker-who-died-on-thai-island-the-last-words-we-said-were-i-love-you-10001861.html

She said: “I don’t want to fly out there, I don’t think I can face the trip. We want the autopsy to be done in the UK and not Thailand.

We are worried they could cover something up – especially after the murders last year.

“Christina did not have a pre-existing medical condition. She said she had been given antibiotics for a chest infection, so it could’ve been a blood clot. We just don’t know at this stage.

Supposedly she had a chest infection and The Nation is reporting that "had consumed a potentially fatal combination of alcohol and Valium, police said Tuesday citing preliminary autopsy data." http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/UK-tourist-found-dead-in-Thailand-consumed-Valium--30252744.html

As is typical, lots of contradictory information initially out there but what seems consistent is she was taking drugs recreationally, drinking a lot and became sick in the days before her death and that there are no signs of foul play.

Seems Social Media Detectives have done another good job at making a tragedy more painful for the family as the mother now has gone from saying her daughter died of natural causes to fearing a cover-up.. http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/mother-of-backpacker-who-died-on-thai-island-the-last-words-we-said-were-i-love-you-10001861.html

She said: I dont want to fly out there, I dont think I can face the trip. We want the autopsy to be done in the UK and not Thailand.

We are worried they could cover something up especially after the murders last year.

Christina did not have a pre-existing medical condition. She said she had been given antibiotics for a chest infection, so it couldve been a blood clot. We just dont know at this stage.

Supposedly she had a chest infection and The Nation is reporting that "had consumed a potentially fatal combination of alcohol and Valium, police said Tuesday citing preliminary autopsy data." http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/UK-tourist-found-dead-in-Thailand-consumed-Valium--30252744.html

As is typical, lots of contradictory information initially out there but what seems consistent is she was taking drugs recreationally, drinking a lot and became sick in the days before her death and that there are no signs of foul play.

If social media has caused the mother grief, she should refrain from reading posts on social media. If the family desires possible worthwhile information from social media, perhaps a friend of the family could sift through it for them.

Thanks for the Mayo Clinic link. They advise against drinking alcohol while taking antibiotics.

http://www.wisegeekhealth.com/what-is-the-interaction-between-tramadol-and-xanax.htm

"The principal concern about tramadol and Xanax® is that their interaction may endanger improperly supervised patients who take too much of either drug. Larger doses of the two taken together could cause death. Drugs like these that impact breathing may cause sleep apnea, from which people may be too sedated to wake. Most of the time when people have a stop-breathing episode they return to consciousness enough to resume breathing. The cumulative effect of these drugs could cause too much sedation, risking the chance that people wont wake up enough to recommence breathing."

Adding the depressant of alcohol to tramadol and xanax seems like it could increase the chances of a bad result.

She said: I dont want to fly out there, I dont think I can face the trip. We want the autopsy to be done in the UK and not Thailand.

We are worried they could cover something up especially after the murders last year.

Christina did not have a pre-existing medical condition. She said she had been given antibiotics for a chest infection, so it couldve been a blood clot. We just dont know at this stage.

If social media has caused the mother grief, she should refrain from reading posts on social media. If the family desires possible worthwhile information from social media, perhaps a friend of the family could sift through it for them.

The problem is that these things come up on internet searches and are also reported by mainstream press. But maybe it is more important for uniformed internet detectives to spread their nonsense than it is to allow this mother to be curious about her daughters death overseas and see if anyone like a friend she met may be sharing something about her daughter she didn't know or who she might be able to reach out to.

She said: “I don’t want to fly out there, I don’t think I can face the trip. We want the autopsy to be done in the UK and not Thailand.

We are worried they could cover something up – especially after the murders last year.

“Christina did not have a pre-existing medical condition. She said she had been given antibiotics for a chest infection, so it could’ve been a blood clot. We just don’t know at this stage.

Jonny baby one minute you are telling us she had a cronic illness and the next saying she had a chest infection.

What's it to be ?

Edit. How wonderful someone can use social media to discount/discredit social media.

Jonny baby one minute you are telling us she had a cronic illness and the next saying she had a chest infection.

What's it to be ?

Edit. How wonderful someone can use social media to discount/discredit social media.

Comprehension issues? Stating what the BK Post reported and then what another paper stated along with the comment clearly right in this thread you are quoting "As is typical, lots of contradictory information initially out there" is that really a too much for you to comprehend? Come on now Bery baby.

What's it to be ?

Comprehension issues? Stating what the BK Post reported and then what another paper stated along with the comment clearly right in this thread you are quoting "As is typical, lots of contradictory information initially out there" is that really a too much for you to comprehend? Come on now Bery baby.

Ok so the BK post knew she had a cronic illness ? or did they get that from the Mother saying she had a cronic illness before she said her daughter had no illness what so ever.

Don't believe everything you read Jonny baby.

The problem is that these things come up on internet searches and are also reported by mainstream press. But maybe it is more important for uniformed internet detectives to spread their nonsense than it is to allow this mother to be curious about her daughters death overseas and see if anyone like a friend she met may be sharing something about her daughter she didn't know or who she might be able to reach out to.

"uniformed internet detectives"...would that include you and I?

This subject comes up often. These online forums are created for people to post to, with moderators to weed out posts they feel are inappropriate. As long as a forum like Thaivisa exists, people are going to post to it; all kinds of people making all kinds of posts. If social media is going to cause someone grief, they should refrain from reading posts on social media themselves, because there will be a chance of reading something hurtful as long as there is social media to be accessed.

What's it to be ?

Bery baby, seems your comprehension skills continue to falter.

Bery baby, seems your comprehension skills continue to falter.

Jonny baby, you still copying me. My comprehension skills are tested to the limit by the posts you make. I'm sure I read one you made sometime last year that almost made sense.

Its a bit like taking to social media and telling everyone not to use social media. Which is one of your favorite tricks.

BTY do you really think the family's of murder victims take to TV to read what we think has happened to their loved one's ?

In your eyes anyone who doesn't follow the party line is a head case, I sometimes wonder why you bother to read it let alone reply.

Have the full results of the autopsy and toxicology tests been done and reported yet? I thought they were going to be done last Thursday? Or have I missed something?

Police said there was other prescription drugs in the room. No need to prove it. Nothing to see here!

Have the full results of the autopsy and toxicology tests been done and reported yet? I thought they were going to be done last Thursday? Or have I missed something?

A preliminary unofficial autopsy has been done in Thailand and reported in a major English language Bangkok newspaper. I would link to it but I believe it is against forum rules; it can be found online. This preliminary autopsy report does not establish cause of death; it is hoped that pending Thai toxicology test results will do that.

It is reported that the family would also like to have medical tests made in the UK. I believe this link can be posted here (apologies if this is not the case).

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/mother-of-backpacker-who-died-on-thai-island-the-last-words-we-said-were-i-love-you-10001861.html

• 8 months later...

RIP. to the young lady, people do tend to link this island to violent incidents and deaths but just off the top of my

head I can recall the muggings the previous night to the latest murders and another young man from jersey being

slashed and near killed in an unprovoked attack in the a c bar the year before.(jersey post)

added to the well known police habit of ruling most suspicious deaths as suicide's its no wonder really. +

the people in charge wanting to make things look better for the sole aim of keeping tourism figures up is not helpful .

Well , maybe the local media never asked for the final autopsy results ? It's not really hard for any journalist working at the island to contact them for an official report. Or maybe they think its not news worthy?

Mayor complains about British press reports. You would think they would want to publish the report to discredit the negative press.

Ofcourse because all of us nosy TV posters all have every right to stick our nose in a family's personal and private business.

They should be sure to include photos.

Signed just another TV Busy Body Gossip like the rest of this thread

Update in today's Daily Mail. Christine's mother bemoaning the lack of assistance from authorities on the island. Quelle surprise.

Yes, no surprise in the grieving parents' evidence to the coroner's court that they hade been forced to conduct their own investigation after local officials failed to follow up leads

Archived