pattaya to Poi Pet public transport

Damsurin

of course but it might take awhille

everywhere in Thailand is connected by bus's

quickest easiest would be back track to Bangkok an take the direct but to Aran an tuk tuk across and than shared taxi from Poi Pet to SR

Or train from Bangkok to Aran and as above

You can get a taxi to the Poipet border easily from Pattaya but as Rich says above - public transport normally means a trip back to Bangkok first. Though I did hear a rumour of a bus service that runs direct now... imagine it will be about as awful as those coming from Bangkok too... make sure you do NOT buy your Khmer visa until you leave Thailand and enter the immigration hut on the right just after the Friendship Bridge in no-man's-land. Do NOT give your passport to anyone who isn't immigration. Tell them you already have a long-term visa and that you will tell all their customers about their scamming ways unless they leave you alone (but for God's sake - don't actually tell anyone - that will get you beaten up). Have the right money for your visa ready IN USD not Thai Baht or you will be ripped off on exchange rate. Take a photo too - or pay $1 extra for them to scan the one in your passport.

No need to enjoy the traffic nightmare of BKK. There is a good bus service which is not bad at all. It is much safer than the Vans and it is also rather quick. It is the Rayong - Mukdahan service which leaves Pattaya bus station on Pattaya Nua (that's the bus station for BKK) several times a day and runs trough Aranyaprathet. There it stops at the bus station which is about 6 km from the border and connected with it through tuktuks. 80 baht

This link worked a few weeks ago but currently it seems to be offline : www.iloveyellowbus.com/en/roots.htm

The price varies from about 260-560 baht depending on 1st class or VIP service.

They have several departures in the early morning.

Sorry that I could not pull up the schedule and exact price. Maybe the link will work later on again.

The yellow bus is the cheapest and safest way to go., done it many times.

No need to enjoy the traffic nightmare of BKK. There is a good bus service which is not bad at all. It is much safer than the Vans and it is also rather quick. It is the Rayong - Mukdahan service which leaves Pattaya bus station on Pattaya Nua (that's the bus station for BKK) several times a day and runs trough Aranyaprathet. There it stops at the bus station which is about 6 km from the border and connected with it through tuktuks. 80 baht

This link worked a few weeks ago but currently it seems to be offline : www.iloveyellowbus.com/en/roots.htm

The price varies from about 260-560 baht depending on 1st class or VIP service.

They have several departures in the early morning.

Sorry that I could not pull up the schedule and exact price. Maybe the link will work later on again.

The yellow bus is the cheapest and safest way to go., done it many times.

just been up to the bus station north pattaya , booked 3 seats on the mukdaha bus , 5 hours to aranyaprathet 250 baht per person

thanks very much for advice

got bus 250 baht , 9 am from north pattaya bus station big yellow buswhich goes to mukdahan, bus half empty apart from a few cambodians and a old german couple who moved seats as he said we spoke to much !!

we got off at Aranyaprathet. about 2-30 in the afternoon , there we took a tuk tuk to poi pet boarder crossing 100 baht tuk tuk

we dodged the touts saying we need to pay them to do us visa and went straight to the main building where we paid $30 us dollars for our camdodian visa , the official wanted 100 baht as we were doing visa on the day !!! i pointed to the 30 us dollar sign above his head and he just laughed DONT PAY FOR HIS LUNCH LADS !!! i didnt . then we went into the que didnt pay for fastrack 200 baht to touts ,,, to cross into camdodia ,

there we were meet by many people offering us buses, taxis and various modes of transport into cambodia , we got talking to a lad from singapore in the que , there were 3 of us and him so we shared taxi to siam rep 10 us dollars each , we could have got cheaper but we were happy with the

$10s each . 2 hour drive to siam rep there we found a very nice hotel for $60 dollars a night for a big room with 3 double beds ,adouble for yourself about $42 us and a very good buffet style breakfast , also great pool on roof ,, our taxi man asked us on way to siam rep if he could take us to ankor wat the next day for $20 dollars which we agreed as we didnt know the price , we could have took a tuk tuk outside hotel for about $10 to $15 , but it was hot and car had air con , we arrived at ankor wat and was asked buy many guids to show us round the want $20 most of them , there were 3 of us so we said we would pay $5 us each which the guide gladly accepted , im not a history buff myself but we spent a pleasent 5 hours inside the temple and bought a few nick nacks inside for very cheap , the taxi driver waited for us the whole time and on the way back to siam rep offerd to take us back to the boarder poi pet for $30 for the 3 of us ....

i was rally impressed with siam rep its really new 20 years old i belive the city the food drink is very each and the people are really humble and not pushy like thais, there isnt much in the way of girls about apart from massage parlours a bar called charlies i think where they seemed to be a few girls on offer !!!

but again they didnt seem at all pushy like the thai counter parts!! the whole trip was a really good experiance . we took a minibus back to pattaya from Aranyaprathet $3 us , i wish id got the yellow bus as it was too small on the minivan and seemed to stop at every town and also went to chon buri 6 hours to get home !! any info needed inbox me please jon

You got a great deal at USD 20 for a taxi. Congrats.

For the way back you could have taken a regular bus from Aran to Kabinburi bus station. At this station a lot of buses arrive from Korat and go further south to Rayong = Pattaya.

Thanks for the update :)

• 9 months later...

Archived