'Heartbroken' Canadian tourist attempts suicide in Pattaya bar

webfact

You never lose your Thai girlfriend here, you just lose your place in the line.....

I swear they should put up warning signs at the airport. How can anybody

be so clueless ???

Where in the article does it say she was Thai?
Agreed She was probably a Geordie.

Why aye man! You can always tell a Geordie but ya cannae tell 'em much!

• Like 1

<snip> "pithy" comments deleted.

<snip>Sigh. More "pithy" comments deleted.

It seems to be such a common occurrence that it hardly raises an eyebrow anymore.

Agreed....you are not sure whether to laugh at the guy's foolishness,

or to feel sorry for him.

How about compassion for the fellow's feelings, maybe he really did like her and the trash box ditched him for a higher bidder; this is what these Thai trailer-trash-bags do. They also join these online dating sites looking for the aforementioned highest bidder or what these fools are called in western nations, 'buy-a-bride' men. It doesn't stop there...economies, immigration, social and political issues are affected by relocating these women (use the term loosely) into other countries and soon after bringing their families ...yuk.

Nowhere in the article does it mention she was Thai.

The BP reports that she was from Uzbekistan

Edited by jelida

The Thai Government should hire jilted ex-pats to give a mandatory orientation to incoming newbie tourists and retiree ex-pats at the airport...before they ever set foot outside the terminal...to at least prepare them as to what is considered a common relationship by Thais where foreigners are involved...which may include having more than one provider/sex partner without any form of remorse or regret...who would not want to be able to go to more than one ATM machine to draw out cash when needed?

Liquor

Turning grown men into drama queens since 2,000 B.C.

Maybe it was that liquor has been making women beautiful since 2,000 B.C.

I remember my Roman friend, Ovid, in his writing " The Art of Love" told me to beware of the lamp light as it makes all females look good (OK, paraphrase and I am not quite that old).

Hey guys look at it another way.

I wish i had a WOMAN that would do herself harm if i left her.

He must have LOVED her a lot.

Gee, I'll bet you're a real lover.

Yes.

He (or she - lets settle on " it" ) should be careful of what they wish for.

Edited by soihok

40+ years old and behaving like a teenager looking for attention. I have no sympathy for the fool. Most people who are serious about ending themselves do so, and not in front of a bar.

Suicide is a selfish act, but the motivations for it are numerous and too complicated to pass judgement in many cases. However, slashing one's wrists in front of a bar has nothing to do with a real wish to kill oneself, and everything to do with the need to grow the hell up. This pillock is every bit as selfish as a suicide, yet nothing like as committed.

Furthermore, even if he were truly serious, it just goes to show how stupid he is for not considering this would achieve nothing other than removing his genes from the bottom of the moral and intellectual pond.

• Like 1

Dispair... a cry for help. Alcohol did not help.

Au Contrair = Alcohol is the reason he went into despair and tried to get someones attention - not attempt suicide, because if he really wanted to kill himself, he would have drawn it across the left side of his neck with a lot of force.............just saying - people that drink shouldn't be carrying knives, guns are more effective.whistling.gif There is actually nothing on this earth that would make me want to hurt me - nothing.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Obviously it is the charm of a lot of a Thai women that make the men feel so special and simply misread their intentions or

forget they paid for that performance. Confusing reality with service rendered. That is the lure of Thailand to a lot of men. Most men know the truth but some how fall under the spell any way. Good luck to the chap.

Liquor = Turning Same Men Into Idiots Since 2,000BC.

Liquor = Turning Ugly, Mean Women Into "Can't Live Without" Women Since 2,000BC.

Presidents, Rulers, Kings, Prime Ministers .... have ALL been destroyed by a woman.

Lighten Up On The Liquor & Your Need For Affection.

You'll be happier and feel much better.

Think: Moderation

• Like 1

Just another alcoholic that got involved with a bar girl. Lucky he did not marry her, buy her gold, a new car, land, home, shop. The other guy saved him a bundle. But knowing foreigners in Thailand i am sure he already has a future wife he just met in another bar. Just your typical foreigner in Thailand. Nothing new. There are thousands more making the same mistake right as we speak.

But he was right handed? How did he manage to slash his right arm?

One for the budding Perry Mason's

Did he not settle his bar bill?

Did he refuse to 'ring the bell'?

Did his Canadian wife catch him out?

Did he take out accident insurance the previous day?

Had he be watching old episodes of 'The Fugitive' and fancied himself as the 'one armed man'?

Did he want to promote a conspiracy theory?

It couldn't be anything as simple as attempted suicide could it?

Not in Thailand it seems

Get a grip mate.... No woman on earth is worth doing yourself harm over.

Exactly right, never ! Plenty of fish in the sea.

But, not knowing the full story, there could be the question if he had been fleeced as well. Also, is he a once-a-year philander, and thought she was going to wait forever for him ? A bar girl never will, falang have to get this into their heads. She has a life to live, money to earn. Its not a case of being unfaithful.

Liquor = Turning Same Men Into Idiots Since 2,000BC.

Liquor = Turning Ugly, Mean Women Into "Can't Live Without" Women Since 2,000BC.

Presidents, Rulers, Kings, Prime Ministers .... have ALL been destroyed by a woman.

Lighten Up On The Liquor & Your Need For Affection.

You'll be happier and feel much better.

Think: Moderation

Those of us who actually live in Pattaya and accept responsibility for our actions can live without the sermon, thanks all the same Reverend. This guy was one of thousands - yep, thousands - out in Pattaya on the night in question and the others managed to find their way back to their beds without slashing themselves. A tiny percentage of visitors get into trouble here and the rest of us have to endure the endless preaching from on high - give it a rest.

• Like 1

Friend of mine would constantly remind his "girlfriend", if she was getting a little greedy (or stroppy), that he could replace her in 25 minutes...

.....15 minutes to shower and shave, and 8 minutes to walk to the nearest bar..!

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Friend of mine would constantly remind his "girlfriend", if she was getting a little greedy (or stroppy), that he could replace her in 25 minutes...

.....15 minutes to shower and shave, and 8 minutes to walk to the nearest bar..!

So he would have ordered a beer first?

tongue.png