I lost the original title deed (chanote) for the condo

You need to make a full report at the police station.

You need to take the report along to the amphur, with as much evidence and ID that you have.

I believe you then have to post a notice, not sure if it's one or 3 months

When the time is up you go to the amphur with 2 witnesses to sign

Hopefully that will be that

Be aware this is NOT a piece of cake and you might get some grief along the way!

Good luck.

You need to take the report along to the amphur, with as much evidence and ID that you have.

Be aware this is NOT a piece of cake and you might get some grief along the way!

Good luck.

So what if I sell the condo in the meantime ? We will go to the land office together , without the chanote, and then what will happen ?

Good luck.

So what if I sell the condo in the meantime ? We will go to the land office together , without the chanote, and then what will happen ?

You won't be able to sell it without the chanote.

You need to do the official steps to replace it first.

Good luck.

Is that so Uptheos?

The LO of course holds the duplicate chanot.

• Like 1

Good luck.

Is that so Uptheos?

I should have said until the process is complete. I don't think the duplicate will be given over until then.

If the original isn't forthcoming and a duplicate issued, then you can sell. (I think) blink.png

Is that so Uptheos?

AFAIK a chanote is sine qua non.

They wont just hand out a duplicate without the various replacement hoops being jumped through. At least I hope they wont.

Warning, be prepared for a lot of work to apply for a new chanote, if you lost the original document. Not even in my wildest dreams could I imagine this.

Yesterday I went to the land office , and with me I had 2 Thai witnesses so we could apply for a new chanote. After making lots of photo copies , we had to wait 3 hours just to talk to the lady at counter number 14. I don't know if it was rush hour but it looked quite busy and only one lady in control of the applications.

Finally , after checking my name as the owner and signing something that looked like 10 documents in Thai, I was sure that I was done and just had to wait for a few weeks for the original chanote.

But I was wrong. Now the lady tells me to bring one document to Pattaya City Hall and another document to Banglamung district office. Both needs to be stamped and signed by officials. So Today I went to Pattaya City and gave them the document only to be told it would be signed within 3 days. Great, more delays. The trip to the district office went smoother, I found an official willing to sign it within minutes. He even spoke english.

Now I have to wait 3 days for the other document and then return to LO and then the application is complete, all papers signed and we have to wait maybe 2 months for the chanote.

All this work just because you're unlucky and lose the original chanote. We're living in the age of modern technology, but Thai officials are still living in the 60's.

Edited by balo

• 4 years later...

the problem is they lack the education to build a system like in a 1st world country. Secondly, they are not the most trusting of individuals and assume that anyone with more brains than them can simply hack the system and steal property.
Thirdly: they are way to proud to ask a Westerner to help them or organize their system to bring to a modern age.

And finally: if the gov officials are given 10 million baht to build such a system they will keep 9.5 million for them selves then find some university gimp to build it for them without the skills. thirdly

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

If the Land Title Deed is unreadable or has disappeared, the following evidence must be provided to the Land Department officials:

• Thai ID Card and House Book
  • Official Report declaring the loss
  • At least 2 credible witnesses that can confirm the loss of the document, with their ID cards