'British gang' in Udon Thani beats up Frenchmen

webfact

A group of guys attacked someone. Why are their nationalities so important in this assault?

Because their has been a history of gang violence in the UK. Unlike many other countries gang violence is endemic, young idiots drinking and fighting in pubs. Sure this incidents happen elsewhere, but in the UK is a culture. It's even a sad cliche.

Can't fight one to one, got to call in your mates to get the job done.

Go into any British city or large town on any night, especially from Thursday to Saturday inclusive, and you'll find plenty of examples. Lots of nice videos on Youtube too.

Then check and you'll see the same phenomena in US and Australia. The US tend to be the most violent due to the ease of access and more prevalent used of weapons.

I've seen some "interesting" types in Thailand. Ex football hooligans and piss head gang types who've moved hear now they're older, and can be easily identified, especially after a few drinks. I've also seen younger bikers who parade round in their "colors" - but these were German and Australians.

Hopefully the ones who engage in such behavior here will be caught and punished and deported. Of course that relies on the backhander route being closed off.

This is your third defense of these Brits already on this post. Don't be so thinned skinned. You even tried to defend the bike when someone made fun of a British bike by saying you were glad it wasn't American. Just take it like every other nationality does on here everyday. Did you also defend that lovely British couple who set their house on fire TWICE last week? Enough. They are losers and they happen to be Brits, it's not the end of the world.

Just who are the British ? Lots of television programmes over the years trying to answer that one.

There are four countries involved and the rules are different depending on subject, for example four different football and rugby teams yet one Olympic team and how many know the law and religion in Scotland is different to the other countries ?

It's the Untied Kingdom not the United one.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

Interesting case for the BIB to exercise their professionalism on. giggle.gif

A ' 'British ' crashed his motorcycle, a British what ?

Now, with 4 constituent countries to choose from this is a job for Super Sleuth, oh sorry Chalerm's out of favour.

british drunken thug and his piss head mates

Don't imagine it would take a super sleuth to sort this out although maybe David Cameron could send another band of British Keystone Kops on a junket to Thailand to demonstrate how to putz about wasting time and money while "investigating."

Ah, the resident anybody but Thai basher makes another insightful post.

So you think a brawl by a few idiots is in the same category as a horrendous murder and rape? The investigation of which was a complete balls up from start to finish by a police force that has one of the worst reputation for corruption and inefficiency in the world?

Hard to take you serious.

doesnt detract from the issue of the number of haters and lockers of all things Thai on this forum

i'm British born and bred myself but the behaviour of Brits abroad is both embarassing and shameful but nevertheless excused or ignored.

Thais and other nations on the other hand are always the bete noir.

the kow Thao junket was a joke by anyone's benchmark, and Brits in the guise of Scotland yard have demonstrated their excellence at doffing their cap to vested interests rather than the cause of justice

Don't imagine it would take a super sleuth to sort this out although maybe David Cameron could send another band of British Keystone Kops on a junket to Thailand to demonstrate how to putz about wasting time and money while "investigating."

Ah, the resident anybody but Thai basher makes another insightful post.

So you think a brawl by a few idiots is in the same category as a horrendous murder and rape? The investigation of which was a complete balls up from start to finish by a police force that has one of the worst reputation for corruption and inefficiency in the world?

Hard to take you serious.

doesnt detract from the issue of the number of haters and lockers of all things Thai on this forum

i'm British born and bred myself but the behaviour of Brits abroad is both embarassing and shameful but nevertheless excused or ignored.

Thais and other nations on the other hand are always the bete noir.

the kow Thao junket was a joke by anyone's benchmark, and Brits in the guise of Scotland yard have demonstrated their excellence at doffing their cap to vested interests rather than the cause of justice

Condescension - the practice of many Brits abroad too.

There are badly behaved British, Chinese, Russian, American, Indian, French, Australian, Arabs etc etc that travel overseas. Wake up - it isn't to do with nationality, or religion, or color of skin, or age,

Who says it should be excused ? I didn't - that's your assumption for some reason.

These thugs are reported as British, They should be arrested, charged, prosecuted and if convicted, punished in accordance with the law. Same as anyone of any nationality - law should treat all the same regardless of nationality or wealth.

We haven't seen the report from Scotland Yard yet - but what did you expect them to do. Send in the gun boats?

• Like 1

A group of guys attacked someone. Why are their nationalities so important in this assault?

You know that many on this forum cannot resist a gratuitous bit of "Brit bashing"........

Takes the heat off the yanks..whistling.gifcheesy.gif

. Touché
  • Like 1

I remember a long time ago sitting in a restaurant with my girlfriend eating and there was another party of 4x people a few tables away - 2x women and 2x men, one of the men got up from the table when his phone rang and walked right over to about 2 feet from us and started talking on his phone and he was extremely loud, I looked up from my seat and gestured him politely to take his phone call somewhere else - he gave me a dirty stare and continued, I then stood up and gestured him to move again and again he gave me a dirty look and continued, it then got physical as by this time I had gotten quite angry with his attitude and blatant lack of manners, his friend got up and came over and gave him a talking too and pulled him outside came back in and apologised for his rude behaviour, it could very easily have become a news item

oh forgot to mention - they were both French

I knew a story from a long time ago about French being rude was going to come up at any moment. I have three comments One is what exactly is the British gesture for someone to take their phone call somewhere else? I really want to know this gesture. Also a long time ago on this forum usually means the 70's or 80's. I didn't know the French had cell phones then. How do you know they were not from Quebec?

Edited by alex8912

Go into any British city or large town on any night, especially from Thursday to Saturday inclusive, and you'll find plenty of examples. Lots of nice videos on Youtube too.

Then check and you'll see the same phenomena in US and Australia. The US tend to be the most violent due to the ease of access and more prevalent used of weapons.

I've seen some "interesting" types in Thailand. Ex football hooligans and piss head gang types who've moved hear now they're older, and can be easily identified, especially after a few drinks. I've also seen younger bikers who parade round in their "colors" - but these were German and Australians.

Hopefully the ones who engage in such behavior here will be caught and punished and deported. Of course that relies on the backhander route being closed off.

This is your third defense of these Brits already on this post. Don't be so thinned skinned. You even tried to defend the bike when someone made fun of a British bike by saying you were glad it wasn't American. Just take it like every other nationality does on here everyday. Did you also defend that lovely British couple who set their house on fire TWICE last week? Enough. They are losers and they happen to be Brits, it's not the end of the world.

Just who are the British ? Lots of television programmes over the years trying to answer that one.

There are four countries involved and the rules are different depending on subject, for example four different football and rugby teams yet one Olympic team and how many know the law and religion in Scotland is different to the other countries ?

It's the Untied Kingdom not the United one.

You also have the Law of Scotland and the Law of England & Wales; and just for good measure the Law of Northern Ireland.

Rugby has the British & Irish Lions team and the Irish Rugby team has always been drawn from a both Eire and Northern Ireland.

Add to that the more recent last century mass immigration with new rich cultures and you have a real mix.

• Like 1

Good to see news like this next time all those Brits here post how Thais always need others to help I can post a reference to this topic.

I really don't understand why people feel the need to defend people just because they are from their own country. When I left the Netherlands i knew there were a lot of violent idiots there and criminals too. I would never ever defend my countrymen just because they are Dutch.

Must be because we are a lot let nationalistic as other countries with all that flag waving and stuff.

The Brits were clearly at fault here why defend them.

Agree - but doubt nationality is the reason. People who were in gangs have that mentality for life. Come here. get in with a group of drinking mates and the bond forms. A gang fights as a gang. I know people who, in any sort of confrontation, would call up friends for support.

Like you, it's nice to talk with people from your own country, but I would never blindly defend them simply because they were from the same country.

Let's see, a guy drives his bike into a parked bike, then reacts at what's said by calling his mates over and assaulting the bikes owner and his friend. Doesn't seem much to defend, regardless of what was said. Just thuggery probably fueled by alcohol.

Still.. recently article of Brit running away after an accident.. if a Thai had done this then .. 200 pages of comments.. same here if this was an action by Thais it would go on forever how cowardly Thai males are ect.

Brit does it and loads of people spring up to defend it.

Blind loyalty to countrymen that is what it is.

Not talking about you your post is sensible enough.

I remember a long time ago sitting in a restaurant with my girlfriend eating and there was another party of 4x people a few tables away - 2x women and 2x men, one of the men got up from the table when his phone rang and walked right over to about 2 feet from us and started talking on his phone and he was extremely loud, I looked up from my seat and gestured him politely to take his phone call somewhere else - he gave me a dirty stare and continued, I then stood up and gestured him to move again and again he gave me a dirty look and continued, it then got physical as by this time I had gotten quite angry with his attitude and blatant lack of manners, his friend got up and came over and gave him a talking too and pulled him outside came back in and apologised for his rude behaviour, it could very easily have become a news item

I knew a story from a long time ago about French being rude was going to come up at any moment. I have three comments One is what exactly is the British gesture for someone to take their phone call somewhere else? I really want to know this gesture. Also a long time ago on this forum usually means the 70's or 80's. I didn't know the French had cell phones then. How do you know they were not from Quebec?

it was signed gesture indicating he was being loud, remember the left his own table to answer the phone which was quite polite of him the problem was that he stopped right beside ours and I mean I could have put my hand out without stretching and touched him, I believe we had mobile phone 9 years ago - most people from Quebec can understand English - he didn't, and I'm not having a go at the French but they do have a habit of projecting their voice and talking deeply and loudly especially when on the phone - this guy was rude, I was sitting minding my own business having a quiet meal with my lady - he was so loud we couldn't have a conversation, I also have some French friends

Ah, from the guy who insisted on another thread that the Dutch never ever swear! Only British use bad language.

I remember your macho story how you told those bad Brits off on an air plane whilst insisting that no Dutch person would ever swear.

Nothing biased then.

• Like 2

The only people know what really happened are the ones that were there, so if you weren't there. pSTFU.

so tell us what happened - bad news in the FA CUP?

Just speculating: Man knocks over bike, two men knock over man, one of four men knock out mans teeth. Sounds pretty simple to me. NOT British "gang" bashing of French tourist

Edited by clamman

So you fellas are taking this as word for word gospel are you? A story not only told by the 'defeated' side but told to Thai Wives, who in turn tell the police, who in turn translate that to Ferang press. And your taking that as exactly what happened. Cracks me up.

It could be exactly as told - the French guy asked the Brit to be more careful, the Brit calls his mates, they steam in and leather the French fellas.

It could also just as likely have happened like this: Brit guy knocks over French guy bike. French guy starts shouting at the Brit "You Fxxxing British Arsexxle". British guy shapes up the French guy, French guy's mate runs over and they both start shaping up to British guy, who calls his mates over to help out. It could have been 3 British guys standing watching with only 2 doing the rowing for all you know.

As I said, it could also have been the reported version but my point is you must be crazy to believe the reported version without considering the story may have been embellished at best, or totaly constructed at worse!

Is it not equally "crazy" to run to the defense of the accused by taking the opposite view to that reported ?

Keeping an open mind in these incidents is probably best because, as you say, what actually happened may not always resemble what was reported.

I suppose the victim (nationality irrelevant) could have said "I say old chap, that was a bit clumsy of you, would you mind picking my bike up"... and the thug (nationality irrelevant) could have just waded in and kicked 10 bells out of the victim in the mistaken belief that he actually said what you suggested above.

thelongshoot did not run to defence, the point they made via theoretical example is exactly that 'what actually happened may not always resemble what was reported' and that people shouldn't simply jump to conclusions of guilt based upon a report. Not crazy in the slightest.

Good to see news like this next time all those Brits here post how Thais always need others to help I can post a reference to this topic.

I really don't understand why people feel the need to defend people just because they are from their own country. When I left the Netherlands i knew there were a lot of violent idiots there and criminals too. I would never ever defend my countrymen just because they are Dutch.

Must be because we are a lot let nationalistic as other countries with all that flag waving and stuff.

Agree - but doubt nationality is the reason. People who were in gangs have that mentality for life. Come here. get in with a group of drinking mates and the bond forms. A gang fights as a gang. I know people who, in any sort of confrontation, would call up friends for support.

Like you, it's nice to talk with people from your own country, but I would never blindly defend them simply because they were from the same country.

Let's see, a guy drives his bike into a parked bike, then reacts at what's said by calling his mates over and assaulting the bikes owner and his friend. Doesn't seem much to defend, regardless of what was said. Just thuggery probably fueled by alcohol.

Still.. recently article of Brit running away after an accident.. if a Thai had done this then .. 200 pages of comments.. same here if this was an action by Thais it would go on forever how cowardly Thai males are ect.

I can't understand that. If a Thai runs away then lots of posts say typical of cowardly Thais. If it's a Brit or any other farang it's defended due to threat of assault, corrupt police etc. If Chinese or Russian then back to attacking mode.

Worrying that so many think like this.

I can't understand that. If a Thai runs away then lots of posts say typical of cowardly Thais. If it's a Brit or any other farang it's defended due to threat of assault, corrupt police etc. If Chinese or Russian then back to attacking mode.

Worrying that so many think like this.

Real worrying

there are young foreigners in Udon?!

More and more. I'm almost tempted to add the word " unfortunately" because this type of incident tends to increase along with the increase of young males. And of course farang bars, massage shops and all the stuff that takes place in Pattaya, Phuket, Samui etc.

Personally, I hope the Udon authorities take note of the proliferation of farang bars and massage shops along the Soi in which this incident took place and keep careful control of it. By which I mean making sure that it does not spill over into adjacent streets or get too sleazy in and of itself.

Two years ago there wasn't a single massage shop on that Soi, now it's probably in double figures and the girls sit outside and constantly call out to passers by. Better they sit inside and keep quiet and whoever wants their services can go inside and others can walk along the street for a drink at a bar, without being pestered.

Hope the Frenchmen recover quickly and the Brits, if that is what they were, get done for assault. The latter meaning that they have to give a reasonable size pay off to the police.

• Like 2

Ah, from the guy who insisted on another thread that the Dutch never ever swear! Only British use bad language.

I remember your macho story how you told those bad Brits off on an air plane whilst insisting that no Dutch person would ever swear.

Nothing biased then.

Can't believe I'm making time for this and can't believe you have so much time to read my posts. I have never gone into someone else's posts because I comment on what a person said just now. But my post about the Dutch said exactly "oh yeah and the Dutch rarely swear (deleted). " This means in English that they DO swear. It's called being a little sarcastic. If my story about the four completely obnoxious guys from England on my flight here in December seemed "macho" because I told them as well as other people on the plane told them to shut up then so be it. But if I tried I think I could be much more macho than saying " shut up" but that is all I said. Edited by alex8912
  • Like 1

Nothing biased then.

Dutch do swear.. mostly the lower class working in construction ect. I know I swear if i kick my toe hard enough cheesy.gif

my ex missus is Dutch, and the only words she taught me in her language was swear words facepalm.gif

• Like 1