'British gang' in Udon Thani beats up Frenchmen

webfact

The British have always hated the arrogant French and take delight in thumping them. When I was much younger and living in England it was a common thing for the English Navy guys to arrange fights with the French when they were in port, not just fights but bloodbaths with knives and weapons.

From the Original News on the local paper the thai girl said foreign gangs are not welcome as tourists don't like it??? So what does tourists like? get beaten up by thai gang?

First of all i doubt if its a gang thing, a heated argument may lead into fights between two sets of people, its as simple as that.

• Like 1

A group of guys attacked someone. Why are their nationalities so important in this assault?

You know that many on this forum cannot resist a gratuitous bit of "Brit bashing"........

Gratuitous? What part of condemning a group of thugs whipping-up on another smaller group is gratuitous bashing?

The British have always hated the arrogant French and take delight in thumping them. When I was much younger and living in England it was a common thing for the English Navy guys to arrange fights with the French when they were in port, not just fights but bloodbaths with knives and weapons.

Old Stereotypes are hard to let go of.

Using similar stereotypes we could have assumed the French were eating cheese to the annoyance of passers-by - Causing the stiff upper lipped British Gentleman to lose control of his steed and crash into the parked up Motosia..

More that likely what happened here is some guys were drunk, some other guys were drunk, something happened a a few punches were thrown..

Do you know the name of France's 6th largest city?

• Like 2

The Brits probably had to pass thru Charles De Galle airport en route to BKK and have had a grudge ever since.

I only went thru there once, going 'Domestic', Portugal to Greece or something like that (I used to fly way too much - it was an EU trip).

Has to be one of the most confusing airports I've ever been in.

• Like 2

Howcome for two guys that have been beaten up there are no bruises etc. The guy supposedly had his front teeth knocked out yet no cut lip or bruising. Strange. No?

Very strange! the plot thickens.

There is much more to this than has actually been reported!

• Like 2

What is strange is I take three minutes to read all this dribble and still do not know what happened. For sure someone got assaulted or defended themselves. The point is "Short Tempers" and alcohol cause most of the problems, next to lack of self discipline.

Drink and be happy or don't drink.

• Like 1

A group of guys attacked someone. Why are their nationalities so important in this assault?

You know that many on this forum cannot resist a gratuitous bit of "Brit bashing"........

What's your point?

Sorry, I hadn't realised that you were slow-witted !

Doesn't say much for your speed.

Gratuitous? What part of condemning a group of thugs whipping-up on another smaller group is gratuitous bashing?

Good effort at a double mis-quote of my post!!

Nothing wrong in 'bashing' thugs like this, I have no time for such people.

The point is made that nationality is irrelevant where thuggery is concerned yet some posters will take the opportunity to 'bash' the nationality - in this case Brits.

Is that clearer?

Please try not to misquote me in future.

What's your point?

To put it another way; the poor Frenchman were attacked by thugs and those thugs need to feel the full force of the law. The nationality of the thugs (or indeed the victims) is irrelevant.

Is that clearer?

Didn't need clarification, however, when so many on here like to bemoan the lack of testicles and the thug / gang mentality of Thais, it does seem fitting to state the nationality of the thugs concerned. If it hadn't been mentioned, I would bet my bottom baht that the TV crew would have been saying words along the lines of "gutless Thai blokes' "why can they never fight one on one" blah blah blah....ad nauseum

What's your point?

To put it another way; the poor Frenchman were attacked by thugs and those thugs need to feel the full force of the law. The nationality of the thugs (or indeed the victims) is irrelevant.

Is that clearer?

Didn't need clarification, however, when so many on here like to bemoan the lack of testicles and the thug / gang mentality of Thais, it does seem fitting to state the nationality of the thugs concerned. If it hadn't been mentioned, I would bet my bottom baht that the TV crew would have been saying words along the lines of "gutless Thai blokes' "why can they never fight one on one" blah blah blah....ad nauseum

Yes, I can see that paranoia might cause that to happen.

Maybe the generic use of the word "Farang" in these situations would take away the risk of demeaning the Thai character.

It works for the Thais.

Because their has been a history of gang violence in the UK. Unlike many other countries gang violence is endemic, young idiots drinking and fighting in pubs. Sure this incidents happen elsewhere, but in the UK is a culture. It's even a sad cliche.

Can't fight one to one, got to call in your mates to get the job done.

Go into any British city or large town on any night, especially from Thursday to Saturday inclusive, and you'll find plenty of examples. Lots of nice videos on Youtube too.

Then check and you'll see the same phenomena in US and Australia. The US tend to be the most violent due to the ease of access and more prevalent used of weapons.

I've seen some "interesting" types in Thailand. Ex football hooligans and piss head gang types who've moved hear now they're older, and can be easily identified, especially after a few drinks. I've also seen younger bikers who parade round in their "colors" - but these were German and Australians.

Hopefully the ones who engage in such behavior here will be caught and punished and deported. Of course that relies on the backhander route being closed off.

A few years ago the Australian government started to make life a misery for motorcycle gang members and a lot of them moved to Thailand.

Good news for Australia but not good for Thailand.

Unfortunately low-lifes from all over the world go to Asia to hide out or do what they can't get away with in their own countries. The blatant peds I saw in Cambodia were proof of this.

• Like 2

The Brits probably had to pass thru Charles De Galle airport en route to BKK and have had a grudge ever since.

I only went thru there once, going 'Domestic', Portugal to Greece or something like that (I used to fly way too much - it was an EU trip).

Has to be one of the most confusing airports I've ever been in.

I like CDG, apart from the first time I passed through in transit in my early twenties in the days you could smoke everywhere and asked at a bar for 20 Marlboro.

After considerable fuss involving multiple phone calls I was personally delivered 4000 Marlboro red.. twenty cartons. Turns out not every country has the concept of 10 packs.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd
  • Like 1

What is strange is I take three minutes to read all this dribble and still do not know what happened. For sure someone got assaulted or defended themselves. The point is "Short Tempers" and alcohol cause most of the problems, next to lack of self discipline.

Drink and be happy or don't drink.

If everyone took your advice we would have nothing to talk about except politics.

Ridiculing and attacking idiots who drink too much "hooligan soup" and play up is a welcome relief compared to arguing with PTP and redshirt fans. thumbsup.gif