'British gang' in Udon Thani beats up Frenchmen

webfact

10 pages so far and mostly comments and post likes about how much people hate other nationalities.

Bigoted small minded pettiness is the order of the day when even the mention of a nationality comes up on Thai Visa.

Its the opportunity for forgetting what the actual topic was and grabbing the chance for:

"Dont you just hate those..................................."

Fill in the blank and spit your venom towards your chosen target because of course everyone is the same from there.

Some very sad people on here.

Are you a German?

• Like 1

I'm surprised that the Anglos have so much hatred for France and the French.

This thread is an eye-opener.

This is the big problem on TV Most do not understand Brit humour, The french guys understand and always give back as good as they get.

Very many countrys,also in Europe have humour that is so backward it seems to us like a kindergarten This is only banter.

Nothing against the Frogs Except the Woman do not shower often,and most need a shave 555

I worked 16 years in Indonesia for a Dutch company.

We expats were of several nationalities: Dutch-Aussie-Kiwi-US-Austria-Germany-Norway-Ireland-Belgium but mostly French and Brits.

I never heard ethnic jokes there among ourselves, especially not of the type referred here as TV Brit humor.

It would indeed have made for an unpleasant working environment.

Edited by jayceenik

I'm surprised that the Anglos have so much hatred for France and the French.

This thread is an eye-opener.

This is the big problem on TV Most do not understand Brit humour, The french guys understand and always give back as good as they get.

Very many countrys,also in Europe have humour that is so backward it seems to us like a kindergarten This is only banter.

Nothing against the Frogs Except the Woman do not shower often,and most need a shave 555

I worked 16 years in Indonesia for a Dutch company.

We expats were of several nationalities: Dutch-Aussie-Kiwi-US-Austria-Germany-Norway-Ireland-Belgium but mostly French and Brits.

I never heard ethnic jokes there among ourselves, especially not of the type referred here as TV Brit humor.

It would indeed have made for an unpleasant working environment.

Sounds like a right boring crowd of pufters :) I also worked in many theatres with mostly the same,,,( the dutch solders were ordered to wear hair netts in Germany ) We did not work with the budeswehr,as they were under our control, Aussies in Borneo had the best humour,

Forget Begium that is very much a non country:) You seem to be very nieve or a right boring type. Lighten up a bit for your own good and health. :)

• 1 month later...

maybe the brits walloped the french because they got a bit mouthy / were being a55holes / shouted some abuse at the lad that crashed into their bikes / were there really only 2 french there?? they usually only hang around in their own cliques so i suspect more nearbye?? i dont know the british lads , but im sure these french are no angels...and im sure there is more to the story than what some amateurish paper is reporting

It`s because the French have never forgiven the British for beating them at the battle of Trafalgar. Personally I have nothing against the French, I do enjoy their wines and cheeses and once had a mad passionate affair with a Fifi in Paris.

Queetz - Russians defeated French (under Marshal Ney)

Sacile - Austrians defeated French (under Eugene)

Aspern-Essling - Austrians defeated French

Kliastitzy - Russians defeated French (Oudinot)

Svolna - Russians defeated French (Oudinot)

Vinkovo - Russians defeated French (Murat)

2nd Polotzk - Russians defeated French (Oudinot, Victor)

Viasma - Russians defeated French

2nd Krasnoi - Russians defeated French (Roguet and NAPOLEON)

Plechenitzi - Russians defeated French (Oudinot)

Möckern - Russians and Prussians defeated the French (Eugène)

Luckau - Russians and Prussians defeated French (Oudinot)

Gross-Beeren - Russians and Prussians defeated French (Oudinot)

First Pirna - Russians defeated French (St. Cyr)

Second Katzbach - Prussians defeated French (Macdonald)

Second Pirna - Russians defeated French (Vandamme)

Kulm - Russians, Prussians, Austrians defeated French (Vandamme)

Dennewitz - Prussians defeated French and allies (Ney)

Wartenberg - Prussians defeated French and allies (Bertrand)

Möckern - Allies defeated French (Marmont)

Leipzig - Russians, Prussians, Austrians defeated French (NAPOLEON)

La Rothière - Russians, Austrians, Prussians, Bavarians defeated French (NAPOLEON)

Bar-sur-Aube - Austrians, Russians, Bavarians defeated French (Oudinot)

Lâon - Prussians, Russians defeated French (NAPOLEON)

Fismes - Prussians defeated French (Marmont)

Arcis-Sur-Aube - Allies defeated French (NAPOLEON)

La Fère Champenoise - Russians defeated French (Marmont and Mortier)

Paris - Allies defeated French ( Marmont and Mortier)

The failures and defeats were not something limited only to the Napoleonic wars. World War 2 was a humilation for the French army. Even though millions of French troops were manning the defensive Maginot Line in early 1940, Hitler's brilliant blitzkrieg strategy caught the Allies by surprise. The Germans skirted the Maginot Line and slashed into France through Luxembourg and the Ardennes Forest. The Blitzkrieg moved with lightning speed as Hitler's tanks turned and raced headlong to the sea. They reached the English Channel on May 21 cutting off the French and British armies in the North. The Germans turned again, fighting their way north to secure the coastal ports and annihilate the trapped armies. Germany occupied France within just 6 weeks.

And this was only in the modern era. Let us not forget earlier battles in Normandy. And the later battle of Agincourt, in the 14th century, where 6,000 British soldiers defeated nearly 30,000 French soldiers, in one of the decisive battles of the hundred year war. Their history is very colorful.

Amongst my friends, I am one of the few that is a French supporter. I love their wines (especially Red Burgundies, pinot noir does not get any better than that) their cheese is sublime, and they are pretty good at fashion. Citroens and Peugeots are decent cars. Not to sound too harsh, but what has France contributed on the world stage in the past half century? Their golden age seemed to end with the death of their post impressionist painters.

So, the Brits knew how easy it was to defeat the French, so they ganged up on the Frenchies?

best option is if ya white black or any non Thai nationally ..

dont cause shit where ya know ya gonna end up in a shitty ass cell

eating maggots and gettin ass <deleted> ..

If ya come to their country to cause shit be prepared to suffer the consequences

Queetz - Russians defeated French (under Marshal Ney)

Sacile - Austrians defeated French (under Eugene)

Aspern-Essling - Austrians defeated French

Kliastitzy - Russians defeated French (Oudinot)

Svolna - Russians defeated French (Oudinot)

Vinkovo - Russians defeated French (Murat)

2nd Polotzk - Russians defeated French (Oudinot, Victor)

Viasma - Russians defeated French

2nd Krasnoi - Russians defeated French (Roguet and NAPOLEON)

Plechenitzi - Russians defeated French (Oudinot)

Möckern - Russians and Prussians defeated the French (Eugène)

Luckau - Russians and Prussians defeated French (Oudinot)

Gross-Beeren - Russians and Prussians defeated French (Oudinot)

First Pirna - Russians defeated French (St. Cyr)

Second Katzbach - Prussians defeated French (Macdonald)

Second Pirna - Russians defeated French (Vandamme)

Kulm - Russians, Prussians, Austrians defeated French (Vandamme)

Dennewitz - Prussians defeated French and allies (Ney)

Wartenberg - Prussians defeated French and allies (Bertrand)

Möckern - Allies defeated French (Marmont)

Leipzig - Russians, Prussians, Austrians defeated French (NAPOLEON)

La Rothière - Russians, Austrians, Prussians, Bavarians defeated French (NAPOLEON)

Bar-sur-Aube - Austrians, Russians, Bavarians defeated French (Oudinot)

Lâon - Prussians, Russians defeated French (NAPOLEON)

Fismes - Prussians defeated French (Marmont)

Arcis-Sur-Aube - Allies defeated French (NAPOLEON)

La Fère Champenoise - Russians defeated French (Marmont and Mortier)

Paris - Allies defeated French ( Marmont and Mortier)

The failures and defeats were not something limited only to the Napoleonic wars. World War 2 was a humilation for the French army. Even though millions of French troops were manning the defensive Maginot Line in early 1940, Hitler's brilliant blitzkrieg strategy caught the Allies by surprise. The Germans skirted the Maginot Line and slashed into France through Luxembourg and the Ardennes Forest. The Blitzkrieg moved with lightning speed as Hitler's tanks turned and raced headlong to the sea. They reached the English Channel on May 21 cutting off the French and British armies in the North. The Germans turned again, fighting their way north to secure the coastal ports and annihilate the trapped armies. Germany occupied France within just 6 weeks.

And this was only in the modern era. Let us not forget earlier battles in Normandy. And the later battle of Agincourt, in the 14th century, where 6,000 British soldiers defeated nearly 30,000 French soldiers, in one of the decisive battles of the hundred year war. Their history is very colorful.

Amongst my friends, I am one of the few that is a French supporter. I love their wines (especially Red Burgundies, pinot noir does not get any better than that) their cheese is sublime, and they are pretty good at fashion. Citroens and Peugeots are decent cars. Not to sound too harsh, but what has France contributed on the world stage in the past half century? Their golden age seemed to end with the death of their post impressionist painters.

Is this a list of French military defeats that British school children have to memorize ?

Seems fairly well researched by somebody who doesn't like France.

BTW it's missing DienBienPhu.

And what have those long ago battles to do with a fisticuff in an obscure Udon beerbar ?

• Like 1

So the thugs, whatever their nationality, have discovered Udonthani. Pity because I have always regarded the town as quiet and free of the riff raff so prevalent in places such as Pattaya and Phuket.

So true , unfortunately Udon is not the safe place it used to be .

The top end of Soi Sampan , is know a no go area for local respectable farangs out for a quite beer in Udon .

The bottom end , is where the local has been whores , hang out .

Now i enjoy my beer in the long established and safe , farang establishments , outside of the the danger zone .

Those involved in the assault , were made to pay 10,000 bht each to the French guys.

End off .wai2.gif