BANGKOK 26 May 2019 06:14
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

'British gang' in Udon Thani beats up Frenchmen

The British have always hated the arrogant French and take delight in thumping them. When I was much younger and living in England it was a common thing for the English Navy guys to arrange fights with the French when they were in port, not just fights but bloodbaths with knives and weapons.

From the Original News on the local paper the thai girl said foreign gangs are not welcome as tourists don't like it??? So what does tourists like? get beaten up by thai gang?

First of all i doubt if its a gang thing, a heated argument may lead into fights between two sets of people, its as simple as that.

• Like 1

A group of guys attacked someone. Why are their nationalities so important in this assault?

You know that many on this forum cannot resist a gratuitous bit of "Brit bashing"........

Gratuitous? What part of condemning a group of thugs whipping-up on another smaller group is gratuitous bashing?

The British have always hated the arrogant French and take delight in thumping them. When I was much younger and living in England it was a common thing for the English Navy guys to arrange fights with the French when they were in port, not just fights but bloodbaths with knives and weapons.

Old Stereotypes are hard to let go of.

Using similar stereotypes we could have assumed the French were eating cheese to the annoyance of passers-by - Causing the stiff upper lipped British Gentleman to lose control of his steed and crash into the parked up Motosia..

More that likely what happened here is some guys were drunk, some other guys were drunk, something happened a a few punches were thrown..

Do you know the name of France's 6th largest city?

• Like 2

The Brits probably had to pass thru Charles De Galle airport en route to BKK and have had a grudge ever since.

I only went thru there once, going 'Domestic', Portugal to Greece or something like that (I used to fly way too much - it was an EU trip).

Has to be one of the most confusing airports I've ever been in.

• Like 2

Howcome for two guys that have been beaten up there are no bruises etc. The guy supposedly had his front teeth knocked out yet no cut lip or bruising. Strange. No?

Very strange! the plot thickens.

There is much more to this than has actually been reported!

• Like 2

What is strange is I take three minutes to read all this dribble and still do not know what happened. For sure someone got assaulted or defended themselves. The point is "Short Tempers" and alcohol cause most of the problems, next to lack of self discipline.

Drink and be happy or don't drink.

• Like 1

This was just the first volley...of a new French and English war...

A group of guys attacked someone. Why are their nationalities so important in this assault?

You know that many on this forum cannot resist a gratuitous bit of "Brit bashing"........

What's your point?

Sorry, I hadn't realised that you were slow-witted !

Doesn't say much for your speed.

Gratuitous? What part of condemning a group of thugs whipping-up on another smaller group is gratuitous bashing?

Good effort at a double mis-quote of my post!!

Nothing wrong in 'bashing' thugs like this, I have no time for such people.

The point is made that nationality is irrelevant where thuggery is concerned yet some posters will take the opportunity to 'bash' the nationality - in this case Brits.

Is that clearer?

Please try not to misquote me in future.

girls look nice for udon

Bless those French, they got charm. Probably why the britsch types beat them to a pulp.

• Like 1

check their visa status - move to next topic

check the little hottie on da left .