What ! Summer Camp.

Hi guys,

My school has asked me to come up with some ideas for a Matayom 1 summer camp. I have no experience of this so I would like some suggestions about what I can do please.

Specific things would be best, Thanks.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions. wai.gif

As most schools really appreciate when you include a subject into your English activity, please try "The Five Senses."

I conducted one a few years ago and it was really the most successful "station" .I had two different boards with specific information to "look up."

Then let them find the right answers on a worksheet, while others have to answer some questions.

There were quite a lot of funny tasks, for example checking their senses of taste and smell, when students can't see what they try.

What does a Durian taste and smell like, or.their foreign teacher's fart, etc....bah.gif

You do not necessarily have to use one of Dr. Mengele's "methods" to find out how long students will survive in boiling water. w00t.gif

Edited by lostinisaan
  • Like 1

Corner Game

Equipment: 4 large pieces of paper numbered 1 to 4, 4 small pieces of paper numbered 1 to 4, 1 cup, large room the bigger the better, if no room use chairs as your corners in an area outside.

Game: label the corners or chairs 1 to 4. Fold up small pieces of paper 1 to 4 and put in cup. Separate students equally into corners. You then say "change corners", students MUST change corners, Practice this until they get it! When they understand (could be a while!) Pick a piece of paper from the cup, all of that corner must sit in the middle of the room/area. Continue until one student is left, the winner. Also get the students to pick from the cup, they like that.

One off-topic post has been removed.

If you can be a little bit more specific, it might help with ideas. How many children will be at the summer camp and what ages will they be? Is this a camp held at the school or is this a camp where they go somewhere for a few days?

One off-topic post has been removed.

If you can be a little bit more specific, it might help with ideas. How many children will be at the summer camp and what ages will they be? Is this a camp held at the school or is this a camp where they go somewhere for a few days?

500 kids, 12 classes and it is taking place at school. Thanks Scott.

You are running a 12 class summer camp and you have no idea what to do?

Dear me, no offense to you but I have no idea why the admin of your school would choose someone with no experience to do such a job.

If I were you I would choose a theme of sorts that could be used across the board; have the teachers for each class come up with activities based on this theme appropriate to the age level/ability. If you can take a field trip, find a place suitable to the theme.

For example; bugs. Lots of cross curricular activities for different age groups; take a field trip to the butterfly park etc.

• Like 1

You are running a 12 class summer camp and you have no idea what to do?

Dear me, no offense to you but I have no idea why the admin of your school would choose someone with no experience to do such a job.

If I were you I would choose a theme of sorts that could be used across the board; have the teachers for each class come up with activities based on this theme appropriate to the age level/ability. If you can take a field trip, find a place suitable to the theme.

For example; bugs. Lots of cross curricular activities for different age groups; take a field trip to the butterfly park etc.

Christ, you can't help yourself can you?

I have some ideas what to do and I know how to organise a Summer Camp, I just want some input from teachers on the forum. Is that ok with you? Do I pass ? Do I win a prize? blink.png

• Like 1