IB/ A-Level/IGCSE Tutoring Help

r4593

Hi everyone,

I am a former student of NIST (Bangkok) where I graduated high school with the IB Diploma, after which I attended Law School at the University of Warwick in England. I am currently working as a trainee at one of the 'Big 4' Accounting firms in Bangkok but would like to tutor students during weekday evenings or weekends as I have tutored previously and would like to get back to it.

At IGCSE Level I am able to teach any subject, as long as you can provide me with some of their course material to familiarize myself and to prepare lesson plans. As for A-Level/IB I'd prefer to teach: English, Economics, Biology, History, Geography, Psychology as these are the subjects that I have excelled in.

Additionally I am also willing to assist children with their college essays, but I will ONLY be proofreading and suggesting improvements as I believe they need to make it personal.

I charge THB 500 per hour and I prefer to teach in the Sukhumvit/Sathorn region.

Please inbox me for more information.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Check out Google Help Outs which allows tutors around the world to link up with students.
My daughter was having difficulty with a Math topic (Year 9) and we couldn't find a decent math tutor (in Pattaya) plus we have to content with the paedo aspect down here too ;-P
We found a 2nd year MIT student to coach my daughter through the topic (it was a bonus this was a female as this was inspiring to my daughter). The rates are far less than foreigners want in Thailand. We paid just 300baht per hour and now use Google Help Out all the time.

Seems that Google Helpout has closed.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/02/13/google-pulls-its-helpouts-mobile-applications-from-the-app-stores/

https://helpouts.google.com/farewell/

When studying for IGCSE, my son used AIMS for additional tutoring in Maths, Science and English. They have a few branches in Bangkok and he was happy with the standard of the tuition. I believe they were charging approx. Bt500/hour for a block of four students. One to one would, of course, be higher. They seem to cater for most exams / courses.

http://www.aims.co.th/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 8/13/2015 at 4:15 PM, thaiclan said:

Check out Google Help Outs which allows tutors around the world to link up with students.
My daughter was having difficulty with a Math topic (Year 9) and we couldn't find a decent math tutor (in Pattaya) plus we have to content with the paedo aspect down here too ;-P
We found a 2nd year MIT student to coach my daughter through the topic (it was a bonus this was a female as this was inspiring to my daughter). The rates are far less than foreigners want in Thailand. We paid just 300baht per hour and now use Google Help Out all the time.

Hi, Thaiclan.

Would it be possible to share contact info of the MIT tutor. My daughter is in Year 9 and we are now facing the same problem here.

Much obliged, 

• 8 months later...

hi, anyone know of any good math tutor for year 7 and year 9 ( so grade 6 and grade ) from. now until end of summer? I am looking for an intensive course/tutoring over the summer.

we live in Prompong.

thanks for any help

tanja

Archived