appetite inhibitors

peter2015

I suggest giving Garcinia Cambogia a try. Cheap and widely available in Thailand. It works for some and doesn't work for others. However, it has been shown to be safe in clinical trials for use up till 12 weeks. It is made only of fruit and the active ingredient is an acid called HCA. For use after 12 weeks it is not known to be unsafe, it's just that it hasn't yet been studied for longer uses.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/621312-garcinia-cambogia-in-my-experience-this-stuff-really-works/

Yes, it has helped me dramatically but I have been careful to not suggest that it will work at all for everyone else and also it is not any kind of magic either. To lose weight, you still need to do the behaviors needed to lose weight, reduced caloric intake and at least some amount of exercise. For some (me as well) the GC helps a lot to make the reduced intake MUCH easier to tolerate, greatly reducing CRAVINGS for unhealthy foods, benefit in MOOD (people calorie restricting often get GRUMPY), and weirdly increased cravings for health promoting foods. The literature suggests that it works better for people who are triggered to eat more (and badly) by stress / emotional reasons.

• 8 months later...

Phentermine (sibutramine seems pretty similar but no experience with it) is the most effective appetite suppressing drug but is very similar to amphetamines. You may need to use sleeping pills to overcome the insomnia it creates which is a fast track to renal failure if used on a long term basis.

I doubt many doctors in LOS would prescribe it and dodgy chemists caught selling it risk massive consequences if caught.

Phentermine (sibutramine seems pretty similar but no experience with it) is the most effective appetite suppressing drug but is very similar to amphetamines. You may need to use sleeping pills to overcome the insomnia it creates which is a fast track to renal failure if used on a long term basis.

I doubt many doctors in LOS would prescribe it and dodgy chemists caught selling it risk massive consequences if caught.

Sibutramine has been used by many without problems it does create problems for some. I have used it in the past and it did help (to an extent). But as you said it could influence sleeping and I am real sensitive to that so I took it for a while (2 weeks) then stopped (few years back when i was trying to lose weight).

So many effective weight loss drugs were taken off the market because it posed a risk to a small group and people who abused it. Not saying people should take it but side effects don't happen to everyone.

I know of only 1 and its been taken of the shelves in other countries. It did help a bit though. You can get it in some pharmacies it contains sibutramine. But google the stuff frist and check if its worth the risk.

That stuff was withdrawn from the US market in 2010.

That should be a good enough reason NOT to take "sibutramine" even if it can be found in Thai pharmacies.

I know of only 1 and its been taken of the shelves in other countries. It did help a bit though. You can get it in some pharmacies it contains sibutramine. But google the stuff frist and check if its worth the risk.

That should be a good enough reason NOT to take "sibutramine" even if it can be found in Thai pharmacies.

Not really, to be honest many things are withdrawn because they CAN cause problems in certain groups. If you read and do your own research you can check if the risk is worth it.

There are other examples of effective stuff being withdrawn because a small portion of the public has a problem with it.

I believe in doing my own research and weighing the risks and decide what I do with my own body. I would however never advocate others taking stuff without proper research.

How many people had problems with the drug and how many used it.............. Knowing that not many people dropped dead from it or had serious problems from it show that it was safe for quite a few people.

Anyway I used it and decided the side effects (made sleeping harder) was not worth it.

Wearing jeans and shorts you had when a few sizes smaller does it for me.

The mild discomfort of having a lardy gut stuffed into clothes that should fit soon motivates better eating choices.

Of course being to stingy to go out and buy bigger clothes also helps.555

The mild discomfort of having a lardy gut stuffed into clothes that should fit soon motivates better eating choices.

I make sure i dont have to adjust my belt. As long as my belt and jeans feel the same extra weight might be muscle from working out hard.

Yeah the "do it yourself fat shaming in the morning" helps laugh.png

Having the trouser below the belly and the belly hanging over the belt is a big appetite inhibitor.....

Having the trouser below the belly and the belly hanging over the belt is a big appetite inhibitor.....

I step on some electronic scales each morning they log my weight online.. so will always see it all and have some nice (or not so nice) graphs.

If the graph goes up and my pants feel tighter i know i need to eat less.

I step on some electronic scales each morning they log my weight online.. so will always see it all and have some nice (or not so nice) graphs.

Well a graph hasn't the emotional impact as seen the porky body in the mirror...Actually the porky face shocked me more, you can't hide it.

Well a graph hasn't the emotional impact as seen the porky body in the mirror...Actually the porky face shocked me more, you can't hide it.

I am far from porky and I like to have some signals before I am at that level.

But you were....so was I....and I watch out for small signs of re-porking.....I actually see it on the checks very well if they almost bend inwards or if they start to bend outwards....also on some venes...When some start to disappear the porky-alert rings.....

But you were....so was I....and I watch out for small signs of re-porking.....I actually see it on the checks very well if they almost bend inwards or if they start to bend outwards....also on some venes...When some start to disappear the porky-alert rings.....

True.. i keep a close look in the mirror, there are so many indicators. the belt. the scales the face.. certain veins on the arms that go away if i get fat ect. I just keep a sharp lookout and correct when needed.

Its constant never letting up. Though we all have our ups and downs.

True.. i keep a close look in the mirror, there are so many indicators. the belt. the scales the face.. certain veins on the arms that go away if i get fat ect. I just keep a sharp lookout and correct when needed.

Its constant never letting up. Though we all have our ups and downs.

It helps a lot that the beer here is tasting bad.

Also most of these stimulants are precursors to street drugs like yaba hence the government's enthusiasm to rid them from the marketplace.

As with all things, some can use them responsibly (Dorian Yates a good example if you look into his strict routine despite how it may look to an outsider) whilst others end up in hospitals, mental institutions or even the morgue (Zyzz for example) due to mismanagement of their routines.

I remember that phenphen stuff getting banned pretty quick smart but not before it took out a lot of casualties on the way.

Caveat Emptor... let the buyer beware. With every day seeing me one step closer to middle age I'm seriously disturbed by the cavalier attitude that young men and women have towards steroids and stimulants in the quest for the ideal physique. Not saying it's a death sentence but surely a bit of blood work and medical supervision could help prevent a mischief or at least ensure they can still produce testosterone naturally by their 30th birthdays.

But hey.. YOLO right?

Also most of these stimulants are precursors to street drugs like yaba hence the government's enthusiasm to rid them from the marketplace.

As with all things, some can use them responsibly (Dorian Yates a good example if you look into his strict routine despite how it may look to an outsider) whilst others end up in hospitals, mental institutions or even the morgue (Zyzz for example) due to mismanagement of their routines.

I remember that phenphen stuff getting banned pretty quick smart but not before it took out a lot of casualties on the way.

Caveat Emptor... let the buyer beware. With every day seeing me one step closer to middle age I'm seriously disturbed by the cavalier attitude that young men and women have towards steroids and stimulants in the quest for the ideal physique. Not saying it's a death sentence but surely a bit of blood work and medical supervision could help prevent a mischief or at least ensure they can still produce testosterone naturally by their 30th birthdays.

But hey.. YOLO right?

Much can be used safely if you know what your doing and run bloodworks. Thing is many people think more is better

But hey.. YOLO right?

Much can be used safely if you know what your doing and run bloodworks. Thing is many people think more is better

yes but if it is just about appetite inhibitors, it is just for comfort, don't eat them and live with tact that you have more appetite than you are allowed to eat. Better that using stimulants.

• 1 month later...

I am taking Reduce (produced in India) to suppress the feeling of hunger. I find it very effective. For me only one tablet per day is more than enough.

The appetite is greatly reduced (as the drug's name is promising).

It gives me the feeling of satiety for 7-8 hours.

One pack contains 100 tablets and costs around 1,000-1,200 Baht in Thailand.

This is a very good value for the price (taking into account that one pack contains 100 tablets).

But please beware of a fake product.

If someone in Thailand is selling it well below 1,000 Baht it is probably a fake Reduce (containing only Vitamin C - Ascorbic Acid).

The real Reduce is very effective to suppress appetite as it contains Sibutramine.

If you have a high blood pressure or diabetes, heart disease, please avoid taking Sibutramine based medicines.

If someone is interested I can advise how to distinguish the fake Reduce from the real one.

• 1 month later...

I used to be a lot of video games when I was a teenager. That helped a lot with losing weight (albeit unhealthy).

I've heard about that.

So addicted to them that you forget to eat.

I've worked with computer programmers before that lived on cold pizza. Most of them weren't overweight but they didn't look very healthy either!

I don't think use and sourcing of Sibutramine should be discussed on this forum.

It's illegal in Thailand, yes?1zgarz5.gif

In a raid yesterday, soldiers and related officials seized Sibutramine-laced diet pills worth Bt50 million (S$2 million) in Phitsanulok's Muang district. Consumers have also been urged to drop off any of these pills they may have at the Damrongtham Centre

http://yourhealth.asiaone.com/content/2-million-worth-illegal-diet-pills-seized-thailand

• 2 months later...

Metermine (Duromine) or as it called in the state, Qsymia, is any of them available in LOS

this drug seems the proffered choice by doctors and patients for its few side effect,

very costly to buy with prescription, approx.. $3 a pill,

I know you can get much cheaper Phen375 from Cambodia which suppose to be similar to the above

but similar is not good enough when it comes to weights lose meds,

Dose anyone had any experience with the Phen375 stuff?......

• 2 weeks later...

My wife has me on Thai Basil Seeds.

Dump some in water - they swell up.

Try some before eating - or when pangs hit.

Sort of like drinking beetle testicles, so I toss in bit of SriRacha or something.

Not perfect, but it's something...

Archived