Chong Mek Border

ajarnbill

Mods, what is this? I deleted all quotes, inserted my text, and out comes the opposite. Tried edit, but no use. Pls delete my above post.

Hi,

there seems to be two questions mixed up in this thread:

1. Is it possible to just go across (being waved through) without anything, without pp, without stamp etc. if you promise to be back in a few minutes.

Was there yesterday and saw it happen. However, the people who were crossing to 'To Khet' were Lao. I have done it before without problems, but yesterday I did the real procedure, because I was travelling on. I think it depends on how good your language skills are and how much 'sanee' you have ;-) . Also whether you are accompanied by someone local.

2. To get your VOA. Yes. Possible. If you cross on Sunday, though, you will have to pay overtime on the Lao side. 30,000 Kip or 140 THB.

Hope that helps

• 2 years later...

Hi,

Is it still possible to go shopping to duty free shops in Laos without having to stamp your passport ?

And can you give me more information about the duty free shops there, is the choice the same as what you can find at NONG KHAI border (friendship bridge/many shops), and can you fin Snake wine there, the bottles of rice wine with a real Cobra snake or other creatures inside ?

Thanks!