British man in hospital after fight in Phuket bar

webfact

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this is normal.If a drunk thaiman punches me.I can go get a stick and hit him on the head 2 times,and put him in hospital.Nothing will happen to the thaiman,and like all the other attacks,You will hear no more.What happened to the man in a coma ,in phucket.???,ETC ETC ETC.And you wonder why people are staying away from thailand.How about this story.Bar doubles price of bill ,of drunk farang.Farang says he will only pay the correct bill.Thaiman brings weapon,in the form of a pick handle.Farang trys to defend himself.This story,I have seen hundreds of times.Most of the time.The farang knows he,s being ripped of,but just pays,Because he is wise enough to just pay.The thai man ,only had to call the police.But he will not do that.Simply.He would not be able to keep ripping of the tourists.I am wise to thailand.and it has happend to me in phucket and udon thani.And i was sobber.Be warned.If there is no bin ,.Dont go in there.You are going to be ripped off.

One more of those old drunk british men (vulgar, using the F... word in every sentence, surely wearing a few tatooes, a Chang Beer T-shirt) using is punch instead of his brain.

Some British; those low-life; give such a bad image of farangs...

Now, this is just speculation but i am pretty much always right about these people starting fights in a bar.

Maybe you should read more reports of the incident before shooting from the hip, yours and many other comments on here are disgraceful.

Did you never once ask yourself why, the wife of the alleged Thai man who used the baseball bat, was visiting the hospital to care for the so called British thug ?

One more of those old drunk british men (vulgar, using the F... word in every sentence, surely wearing a few tatooes, a Chang Beer T-shirt) using is punch instead of his brain.

Some British; those low-life; give such a bad image of farangs...

Now, this is just speculation but i am pretty much always right about these people starting fights in a bar.

You need to read this thread in it's entirety, and you will realise you couldn't be much further from the truth. Posts such as yours seriously make me wonder why I bother to post on this forum. Pathetic..

Personally I didn't like Phuket at all when I visited. There was only one bar however where the bill had clearly been padded out. I did get the feeling around patong that most people were trying to rip me off in some way though. He threw the first punch, which is never a good look

Once again half a story has been revealed..

Better to get the whole story before laying judgement..

It is not a first time I hear that Brits fight, I have even seen it by myself many times.

It isn't the first time I have heard of Thais attacking people with weapons either, what are you trying to say.

So the wife of the perpetrator, MS Dian is gonna take care of the british victim in the hospital, nice of her rolleyes.gif

Makes sense, actually. She feels responsible for her husband/employee going off the rails, so goes along to the hospital to pay. I agree it's nice of her, without the cynicism, if that's what you meant by the emoticon.

u pay as u go in thailand, but the thai on farang inhumanity is about to show its underbelly much more frequent if u ask me.

cambodia needs a rich investor to open up some really cool discotechs that attract international ladies of the s.e asia night if u catch my drift. after that farang run business need to open to cater to tourist in ways the thai's cant.

im thinking within a decade a new party town opens up somewhere in that neighborhood.

Ball dip I think you have posted in the wrong thread?

What's this got to do the price of tea in China?

u pay as u go in thailand, but the thai on farang inhumanity is about to show its underbelly much more frequent if u ask me.

cambodia needs a rich investor to open up some really cool discotechs that attract international ladies of the s.e asia night if u catch my drift. after that farang run business need to open to cater to tourist in ways the thai's cant.

im thinking within a decade a new party town opens up somewhere in that neighborhood.

... if a person has any convictions for violence in England they should be barred from coming to Thailand that will keep the vermin out !

Totally agree, but this should be taken further to really clean out the scum/vermin you know so well.:-

Minimum guaranteed income requirement raised to £50,000 a year. (that clears out 98% already!)

No shaved heads

No tattoos

No vests/singlets/wifebeaters

Being seen in public with a local girl half/third your age is a deportable offence.

Now you will have a more civilised Thailand, right?

Wrong!

It's gonna take more than that to fix Thailand's civility....... It's a poor country you know.......

But at least we know where you stand. (In your Jesus-sandals, the bible in one hand, and an aged Thai wife in the other????)

... if a person has any convictions for violence in England they should be barred from coming to Thailand that will keep the vermin out !

Totally agree, but this should be taken further to really clean out the scum/vermin you know so well.:-

Minimum guaranteed income requirement raised to £50,000 a year. (that clears out 98% already!)

No shaved heads

No tattoos

Being seen in public with a local girl half/third your age is a deportable offence.

Wrong!

It's gonna take more than that to fix Thailand's civility....... It's a poor country you know.......

But at least we know where you stand. (In your Jesus-sandals, the bible in one hand, and an aged Thai wife in the other????)

Wrong!

I usually stand in Timberlands, smart shorts and a polo shirt, don't believe in religion so no bible, and no Thai wife as I don't fnuk peasants.

But you were close!

Wrong!

I usually stand in Timberlands, smart shorts and a polo shirt, don't believe in religion so no bible, and no Thai wife as I don't fnuk peasants.

But you were close!

Likewise, except for either Ralph Lauren or Timberland short sleeved shirt. ☺

No shaved heads

No tattoos

Wrong!

Wrong!

But you were close!

Timberlands smart shorts and a polo shirt.

Just the type of people I would avoid in a bar

Phuket must need cleaning up a bit more, handy bits of wood all over the place.

dont you mean baseball bats.

Well it said piece of wood in the OP.

Baseball bats likely harder to 'find',,,,,

I've carried a baseball bat under the seat of my truck for years; never know when a game may start-up

I've carried a baseball bat under the seat of my truck for years; never know when a game may start-up

Yes, well I have one too, but I didn't take it out with me last night. :D

I carry one too. Certainly quell an argument quickly. Best way to strike with a baseball bat is to go in low and attack the knees. If you aim high an experienced fighter may block the strike and if he knows what he is doing will just glance off the arm, then you are wide open.

• 1 year later...

Just for the record, I am the British man in question, Chris Stark and I would like to set the record straight about the incident that led to my hospitalization and an operation on my fractured skull back in January,2015.

The report of the incident was initially made by the Phuket News and was not only inaccurate but false in every detail, a fault which the editor of the newspaper-rather grudgingly - acknowledged by retrospectively altering the details of that report which now languishes in the archives.

A more accurate version of the incident appeared in the 'Phuket Gazette'" and they at least followed up the initial report with further updates.

However,these are the most important facts.:-

1 My skull was badly fractured by at least one ferocious blow to my head(temple) with a baseball bat.

2 There is no record of any hospitalization of the assailant nor were there any marks on his face.

3 My assailant"s case- that he acted in self-defense- collapsed almost immediately following the police investigation.The police were already aware of his record as a drug-dealer and a history of violence so he was advised to pay up or serve a lengthy prison sentence.

4 He admitted liability and paid compensation of 200,000 baht to cover my medical bills and loss of income.

5 The official police report records that the incident was an "an assault", not a "brawl".

6 The hospital report showed that there was virtually no alchohol in my blood.

7 On the basis of the latter,my insurance company agreed to pay compensation for the assault.

8 One year on ,I am in reasonable health, although my speech and editorial skills are still impaired.(This post took a lot of editing!)

I have read through the comments in the forum and would like to thank those that vouched for my good character and those that at least questioned the plausibility of the report. For those that were taken in by the "British yobbo beats up hapless Thai Bartender" line, I forgive you but please remember the classic and wise saying"never believe what you read in the newspapers".

I hope that a forum which is supported by the Phuket News-which doesn't emerge with much credit here-has the courage to post this, bearing in mind that if this had happened in England I would have a cast-iron case for "defamation of character".

However, this SHOULD be a kind of closure. All of the above numbered points are attestable FACTS.

Chris has stated himself, ""never believe what you read in the newspapers".

He's now a member of TV, and has posted on this thread.

What not post his version of events that lead up to the assault?

Could it be, he went to the establishment with no money at all, under the belief he would be automatically given credit?

Archived